• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

I'm not sure Alba will return any MSP's, even Alex Salmond I could see being unsuccessful. If you take all the SNP 1st voters who would give their 2nd vote to someone else, maybe 70% will go Green and 30% Alba meaning potentially none of them win seats. Really need those people who do give 2nd vote to someone else to pull behind 1 party.

Out of interest will Alba be standing in South of Scotland? SNP can pick up 3/4 list seats there so Alba standing on the list there could damage the pro independence numbers. Potentially in Highland too where the SNP could take 2 list seats.

6 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I'm not sure Alba will return any MSP's, even Alex Salmond I could see being unsuccessful. If you take all the SNP 1st voters who would give their 2nd vote to someone else, maybe 70% will go Green and 30% Alba meaning potentially none of them win seats. Really need those people who do give 2nd vote to someone else to pull behind 1 party.

Out of interest will Alba be standing in South of Scotland? SNP can pick up 3/4 list seats there so Alba standing on the list there could damage the pro independence numbers. Potentially in Highland too where the SNP could take 2 list seats.

as far as i believe they wont stand any in the south where the snp picked up 3 list seats last election?

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am nervous at the whole thing and excited at the same time,, one minute i think its brilliant idea then get the fear of it falling flat. One thing one thing should be learned from the last few months is that the SNP need to be held accountable or have a fear that if they dont tow the line, there is another party for indy freindly voters to run to.. Alba will be well organised and once their feet are in the door, i see them growing bigger, fast.. So i can see why the SNP are worried.. this election will be the hardest for them, after that they will be flying as long as they dont fall flat.

Dont forget, all this has came about because of that dodger Murrell and co. it didnt have to be like this

I too am intrigued by the whole thing.. however this whole thing came about because Salmond inappropriately touched women.

He is the one to blame. .Murrell has his faults many of them. 

However Salmond was the one to blame for starting all this 

Don't forget , no touchy no case.

Now just to point out this is not my doing but was sent to me so it underlines that people are thinking about and will use Salmond's background against him and the party. Is that going to propel them to the substantial amount of votrs they need for this SupaMajority? I strongly doubt it.

And here we have it folks. Caledonian Craig the droning bore who loves to post about how he is selfish for independence and just wants it no matter what... rolling in the gutter slinging shit with his unionist pals at an Independence party while mocking the chance of a 'supamajority'.

What an incredible hypocrite and he is showing his true colours here big time.

SNP1 / ALBA2

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

And here we have it folks. Caledonian Craig the droning bore who loves to post about how he is selfish for independence and just wants it no matter what... rolling in the gutter slinging shit with his unionist pals at an Independence party while mocking the chance of a 'supamajority'.

SNP1 / ALBA2

Totally unnecessary.

Someone posts something that could be a genuine issue for AS and affect the overall pro indy balance , and rather than address the issue you deflect to name calling . 

Speaking as a woman who has had every respect for AS, if you dont think this is a problem you are kidding yourself on. 

Speaking as a human being I am more concerned about a cabal of people (most of who seem to be women funnily enough) all surrounding Nicola Sturgeon cooking up a plot to stitch-up someone and send them to jail just to stop them re-entering politics.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

SNP1 / ALBA2

i dont think the personal abuse is necessary Thplinth 

It looks like you are the one showing his true colours, One who cant debate without resulting in insult.

Lets keep the abuse to the Yoons. 😉 

26 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Speaking as a human being I am more concerned about a cabal of people (most of who seem to be women funnily enough) all surrounding Nicola Sturgeon cooking up a plot to stitch-up someone and send them to jail just to stop them re-entering politics.

Yeah , well , not everyone is totally convinced of that.

I would suggest that rather than feel AS could a problem, women should actually feel quite safe. He has been acquitted and rightly so, plus I would imagine there will be still be significant focus on his actions around women from now on and he will be particularly careful.

Unfortunately however there will be people with doubts and mud does stick. If he wants to have any chance his supporters cannot just ignore this. 

Because of the anonymity laws much of the evidence was kept secret. The only people who saw it all were the court of session judges at the judicial review and the jury at the criminal trial. So you have to rely on them.

In both of those cases the verdicts were resounding and completely in Salmond's favour. 

It was bad enough seeing people not respect the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" but it is quite something else to see them say now Salmond is 'guilty after being found not guilty".

The court of session (the highest civil court in Scotland) and then (a mostly female) Jury completely sided with Salmond and cleared him of all charges. To try to put the guy back on trial is totally disgusting behaviour.

Several posters above want to put him back on trial based on their tittle tattle unsubstantiated smears. I have zero respect for those people.

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Because of the anonymity laws much of the evidence was kept secret. The only people who saw it all were the court of session judges at the judicial review and the jury at the criminal trial. So you have to rely on them.

In both of those cases the verdicts were resounding and completely in Salmond's favour. 

It was bad enough seeing people not respect the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" but it is quite something else to see them say now Salmond is 'guilty after being found not guilty".

The court of session (the highest civil court in Scotland) and then (a mostly female) Jury completely sided with Salmond and cleared him of all charges. To try to put the guy back on trial is totally disgusting behaviour.

Several posters above want to put him back on trial based on their tittle tattle unsubstantiated smears. I have zero respect for those people.

I dont see anyone questioning Salmonds innocence. I see people concerned that the wider public have doubts and to ignore it is sticking your head in the sand. 

I cannot imagine what AS has gone through and if anyone has any respect for the justice system they will respect the decisions. Unfortunately however some people make their own mind up and there is very little you can do about that. 

Sorry but does posting up something that is now doing the rounds to the public worthy of personal insults especially when I point out the reason why it can be assumed Alba will struggle to get the votes it needs to make SupaMajority a reality. People on this thread need to take their blindfolds off and realise that people are and will be put off by who runs the Alba Party. I have never ruled out giving my second vote to them and still haven't despite thplinth's personal attack but for those of us who want independence we need to be sure what is the best voting method to get that second IndyRef to come to pass. To do that we weigh up all the candidates and try to work out which is the strongest pro-Indy party best placed to hoover up most votes. However much thplinth and others may not like to hear it mud sticks. Salmond was rightly cleared and nobody argues with that but it does not change the fact that people will now harbour doubts. Look at John Leslie and Michael Barrymore - the prime example of damaged goods who have never returned to TV despite being cleared of charges against them. thplinth won't make up my mind either way on who I will vote for but I fear, for Alba, that won't be the case for other voters and therefore the doubt is they will get enough votes to get supamajority and in fact they'll fall into the category of eroding away at other pro-Indy parties chances of a list MSP win in favour of a unionist mp.

45 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

James Kelly pointed out that there's a danger of a lot of spoilt ballot papers if that catchy line is perpetuated.   Using numbers, that is.

Did he suggest an alternative?

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but does posting up something that is now doing the rounds to the public worthy of personal insults especially when I point out the reason why it can be assumed Alba will struggle to get the votes it needs to make SupaMajority a reality. People on this thread need to take their blindfolds off and realise that people are and will be put off by who runs the Alba Party. I have never ruled out giving my second vote to them and still haven't despite thplinth's personal attack but for those of us who want independence we need to be sure what is the best voting method to get that second IndyRef to come to pass. To do that we weigh up all the candidates and try to work out which is the strongest pro-Indy party best placed to hoover up most votes. However much thplinth and others may not like to hear it mud sticks. Salmond was rightly cleared and nobody argues with that but it does not change the fact that people will now harbour doubts. Look at John Leslie and Michael Barrymore - the prime example of damaged goods who have never returned to TV despite being cleared of charges against them. thplinth won't make up my mind either way on who I will vote for but I fear, for Alba, that won't be the case for other voters and therefore the doubt is they will get enough votes to get supamajority and in fact they'll fall into the category of eroding away at other pro-Indy parties chances of a list MSP win in favour of a unionist mp.

This bit. Highlighted 

We can all go down the moral route (if you have those concerns) after independence. There's fuck all moral about the alternative - Westminster rule. 

I'm certainly thinking SNP 1 ALBA 2 Motherwell area. Just need clear confirmation it won't harm the SNP vote. 

Edited by Och Aye
15 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

This bit. Highlighted 

We can all go down the moral route (if you have those concerns) after independence. There's fuck all moral about the alternative - Westminster rule. 

I'm certainly thinking SNP 1 ALBA 2 Motherwell area. Just need clear confirmation it won't harm the SNP vote. 

Look this isn't about my personal concerns about who I will vote for but to pretend that others are not going to be swayed is foolish. Heck people are posting up that image across social media certainly ain't what Alba would want. Just as weak-minded people in 2014 voted No in the end swayed by mistruths and listening to being told mistruths then people will be swayed (possibly) not to vote Alba for obvious reasons.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Look this isn't about my personal concerns about who I will vote for but to pretend that others are not going to be swayed is foolish. Heck people are posting up that image across social media certainly ain't what Alba would want. Just as weak-minded people in 2014 voted No in the end swayed by mistruths and listening to being told mistruths then people will be swayed (possibly) not to vote Alba for obvious reasons.

Totally agree. 

Speaking to a female colleague this morning, fellow Yesser. She asked my opinion. Said I was holding my nose to go SNP and ALBA, prioritising as many Indy MSPs as possible, then all bets are off in an independent Scotland. She can't get past AS not saying sorry for the non-criminal stuff he's admitted to. 

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Speaking to a female colleague this morning, fellow Yesser. She asked my opinion. Said I was holding my nose to go SNP and ALBA, prioritising as many Indy MSPs as possible, then all bets are off in an independent Scotland. She can't get past AS not saying sorry for the non-criminal stuff he's admitted to. 

Well, that's 50:50. The first poll I've seen. If that's repeated across the region AS will walk it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

James Kelly pointed out that there's a danger of a lot of spoilt ballot papers if that catchy line is perpetuated.   Using numbers, that is.

I've seen people on Twitter claiming they'll spoil their constituency ballot and just vote Alba on the list, something which, ironically, will increase the chances of an SNP candidate being elected rather than an Alba one.