• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

If you're going to use memes, they have to be capable of being understood, that generally is the whole point.

Both at Wimbledon, Sturgeon looks across and sees Salmond, really not much to it 

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Both at Wimbledon, Sturgeon looks across and sees Salmond, really not much to it 

Pretty sure you are wrong there. Pretty certain Sturgeon and Murrell are sitting in the same stand that contains the royal box as Salmond is in so she is looking across the court to the stand opposite which would have had the paying fans in.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Pretty sure you are wrong there. Pretty certain Sturgeon and Murrell are sitting in the same stand that contains the royal box as Salmond is in so she is looking across the court to the stand opposite which would have had the paying fans in.

Aye it’s just a joke, I know it’s not the same Wimbledon. Better not give up the day job. 

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAII/status/1375487467651002373

Looks like Joanna Cherry's joined.  Be good to have a functioning Plan B in case the SNP go more pear-shaped next term. 

Can’t blame her really. 

A party that puts Indy first without the gender shite policies could attract a lot of people. 

26 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

This will make more yes voters disillusioned with the snp more likely to vote SNP on the constituency vote

I might give Alex my regional vote if he is on the list for the north east. Greens have no chance in the north east. If Christian Allard had been top of the SNP list I would have gone for him.

It's important that Alex and Nicola get their messages right. 

Need to see who all the other candidates are.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

All the “ pro independence” folk on here need to take a good hard look at themselves, if alec wanted to hurt the snp he would have stood in angus Robertson's seat or his old stomping grounds in the northeast. Of worked right his party  would decimate labour and the tories

You are making assumptions about people Loon. Not everyone needs to be in one camp or another, it is possible to have respect for both Sturgeon and Salmond, or even neither of them , to want the best opportunity for independence. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

You are making assumptions about people Loon. Not everyone needs to be in one camp or another, it is possible to have respect for both Sturgeon and Salmond, or even neither of them , to want the best opportunity for independence. 

Spot on.

I have said it before (twice) and will say it again - I am a selfish bastard. All I am interested in is independence for Scotland and the quickest route to that. Without doubt the SNP are the likeliest route to getting that to happen. Giving my vote to the Alba Party is only taken votes away from SNP who have the best chance of making independence happen. 

21 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAII/status/1375487467651002373

Looks like Joanna Cherry's joined.  Be good to have a functioning Plan B in case the SNP go more pear-shaped next term. 

That's a parody account.

In some ways it wouldn't surprise me, but I think Cherry still harbours loftier ambitions which this would put a stop to.

Assuming that her announcement yesterday about taking a back seat because of health reasons for the next while wasn't 100% true - and if it was then that's going to stop her getting involved I'd have thought - I wonder if she'd been asked to join, turned it down and wants to keep well out of it.  Means there won't be any pressure on her to campaign for the SNP nor awkward questions being asked should she not do so.

35 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

My memory of that photo of Salmond is that it was when Murray won his first Wimbledon Singles title and Salmond afterwards was widely criticised for behaving like someone trying to upstage the bride at her wedding.

Its almost like he had some massive ego that had to make it all about himself.

34 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Can’t blame her really. 

A party that puts Indy first without the gender shite policies could attract a lot of people. 

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's a parody account.

Drat  !! Damned humour 😡😉

Actually  I was a little OTT with my comments

I'm actually wondering if this is a good move. Attack from two angles, salmond is a great politician. Having another pro independence party could even up the odds when the referendum comes

Too simplistic?