• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Reverend Stu might explode.

I am killing myself at all his little acolytes. I am really on neither side I just want an end to it all but how anyone can feel comfortable being bedfellows with Ross, Davidson, Baillie, Cole-Hamilton, Effie Deans, Peter Smith, James Mathews et al is beyond me and it is hilarious watching the lot of them spit the dummy! 😂

Classic bit of Jackie Baillie there on Channel 4 News.

Asked by Krishna Guru Murthy how she'll vote in tomorrow's vote of confidence, she replied that she'd wait until the committee's report is published tomorrow before deciding.   

His response, but you're on the committee, you know what it says, how will you vote.

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

No way?  Did she really say that?

Yep, through salty tears by the sound of it.

Interesting that C4 news had Sturgeon as their main headline, whereas on BBC1 it was next to the greyhound results. Far be it from me to suggest their running order may have changed if Hamilton had ruled otherwise ;)

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

sorry but i am not buying it, sturgeon has overseen this shambles and should step down after mays elections,, lets get some integrity back and regain the trust that has been lost

There's nothing wrong in being spun a line and being taken in by someone you trust.

There comes a point when you have to realise that what you've been told probably isn't true.

I think Ms Sturgeon might be quite happy to talk about leadership for the next six weeks, because compared to all the other leaders, Ms Sturgeon is still – even in the wake of this inquiry – by far and away the most popular. By making leadership a central issue, the difficulty now for the opposition is have they played into the SNP’s hands?

Sir John CurticeProfessor of politics at Strathclyde University
4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yep, through salty tears by the sound of it.

Interesting that C4 news had Sturgeon as their main headline, whereas on BBC1 it was next to the greyhound results. Far be it from me to suggest their running order may have changed if Hamilton had ruled otherwise ;)

You think that's bad.  Glenn Campbell was obviously doing a pool interview with the FM, Sky put it out live and uneditted and I saw it just before six.

At one point he says something about "well it's not that clear, blah, blah, blah".  She fixes him with *that* look and says, "I'm sorry that it didn't say what you wanted it to say".  

53 minutes ago, aaid said:

At one point he says something about "well it's not that clear, blah, blah, blah".  She fixes him with *that* look and says, "I'm sorry that it didn't say what you wanted it to say".  

They actually played it on Radio Scotland too :-))

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

sorry but i am not buying it, sturgeon has overseen this shambles and should step down after mays elections,, lets get some integrity back and regain the trust that has been lost

Sturgeon is still very popular with the wider population. Her staying on is far more beneficial than changing leader.

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/three-choices/

"And unfortunately that means that Scotland is lost. Independence is over. All is destroyed."

"Our country is a banana republic, a nation that North Koreans point at and laugh. To be honest, readers, if we were you we’d get out while we still could."

I think with the last bit he's suggesting everyone moves to Bath?

I get it he doesn't like Sturgeons gradualist approach, I get it he thinks she's missed opportunities but I don't get it that he thinks an SNP win means independence is over. Let's face it if the SNP isn't serious about independence then the SNP will be over.

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

"And unfortunately that means that Scotland is lost. Independence is over. All is destroyed."

"Our country is a banana republic, a nation that North Koreans point at and laugh. To be honest, readers, if we were you we’d get out while we still could."

He has completely lost it. I responded to a post on Facebook with a general question and was banned from the page.

I don't see how he thinks he is helping the cause of Scottish independence when he is actively trying to stop an SNP majority.

I've had enough of him. He was great in 2014 and I even crowdfunded and got about 100,000 cards printed up to promote the Wee Blue Book and had them distributed across Scotland. That was a great resource and something that was really needed, short, concise and persuasive. I used to take out a bag of them when I was canvassing to give to undecided voters. But he has completely lost the plot now which is unfortunate. 

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Hes a complete bellend.

He might need to work now the sponging cunt.

Edited by Squirrelhumper
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Reverend Stu might explode.

Brilliant!
I used to be a fan of his early work.  However it is now clear the man is an absolute roster.
He is utterly desperate to ensure SNP don't get 50% of the vote in May. 
Hell mend him.

Has anyone asked Alex Salmond is he is still voting SNP ?

1 minute ago, iainmac1 said:

He has completely lost it. I responded to a post on Facebook with a general question and was banned from the page.

I don't see how he thinks he is helping the cause of Scottish independence when he is actively trying to stop an SNP majority.

I've had enough of him. He was great in 2014 and I even crowdfunded and got about 100,000 cards printed up to promote the Wee Blue Book and had them distributed across Scotland. That was a great resource and something that was really needed, short, concise and persuasive. I used to take out a bag of them when I was canvassing to give to undecided voters. But he has completely lost the plot now which is unfortunate. 

I stand by my thoughts on him and his motives. He is an attention-seeker. He thrives on being the centre of attention. In 2014 he was being lauded for his posts as he was that rarity - someone on social media that was seemingly pro-independence and he thrived on him feeling needed and seen as a key part of driving up support for independence.

However, since 2014, he has become less and less important. More people were encroaching on his territory becoming pro-independent and the polls so a rise in support for independence. He has become obsolete and with it very bitter and twisted as he is no longer seen as a key person. That grates and it shows in how he posts now.

6 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Anyone commenting to suggest they are voting SNP is banned / moderated from his page.

F--k him. 

If there was a small dip in support it will be interesting to see if this results in a bounce back or whether the mud sticks. 

Time for Sturgeon and the SNP to go on the offensive.

As for the factions - they need to focus their minds and cut out the crap, bin numpties like Wings and any followers who are too far gone. Eyes on the prize now.  

1 hour ago, aaid said:

There's nothing wrong in being spun a line and being taken in by someone you trust.

There comes a point when you have to realise that what you've been told probably isn't true.

we will agree to disagree, ultimately we both want the same thing. I dont think there is any denying they went after salmond, yes he was a tyrant to work for and demanded a lot but in no in the way they tried to stitch him up over. The same folk parading around after it was found sturgeon hadnt broke ministerial code should have supported Alex after he was found not guilty yet they are still going after him

29 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

As for the factions - they need to focus their minds and cut out the crap, bin numpties like Wings and any followers who are too far gone. Eyes on the prize now.  

^ This : I dont give a cr@p if you are Sturgeon or Salmond camp.
Both of them had their merits as leaders.

Time to toe the line and focus on the end goal.

Edited by Haggis_trap
13 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

best thing now is when salmond comes out tomorrow with his statement, he draws a line in the sand.Hopes for independence and possibly stands in this election.

I've read the report and Salmond doesn't come out of it well.  In fact it suggests that *he* misled the inquiry when claimed that Geoff Aberdein had told the FM details of the specific details of the complaints on March 29.  GA stated he didn't know the details at that point.

It's also pretty critical of him in other respects - not to do with any alleged misconduct, that wasn't part of his remit - but in respect of his evidence.

It will be interesting to see what the committee has to say about him.

Fortunately for him, any criticism will most likely get lost in the noise.

Simp for Salmond Stu spitting the dummy.

If the verdict went the other way we'd not be hearing this nonsense, therefore the verdicts legitamacy being dependent on what you want to it to say is just dumbfuckery partisanship