21 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now.

As a result, Ireland has become a moral morass akin to Dante's 9 circles of hell.

Walking down your average Dublin street you feel like Clarice walking down the prison corridor in Silence of The Lambs.

Womb-owners (formally known as women) live in fear of using public toilets, knowing there is very likely a 17 stone bearded penis-equipped woman hiding in the storage cupboard sniffing detol and angrily abusing TERFs on Twitter.

The government (led by the uber-woke Leo Varadkar) is in talks with Elon Musk to export all unreconstructed men to the Lithium mines of Phobos to work as indentured servants, where they'll be milked weekly for their sperm.

As a result, there is now huge support among the electorate for giving up the country's independence altogether, and returning to the loving embrace of British Tory rule.

Ah well you can always become a Tory voter in May and vote to remain shackled in this festering union. 😉🤣

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

Too many people are totally missing the point on the importance of getting independence. Too many are lingering on the Salmond case which incidentally has sod all to do with independence. Too many are lingering on the woke pish which incidentally has sod all to do with independence. Too many are lingering on the merits of Nicola Sturgeon as FM which has sod all to do with independence in the long-term. Too many are lingering on the subject of EU membership (to have or have not) which has sod all to do with independence.

Independence is far greater than all those topics and far more important. Two votes for SNP or quit moaning about our current predicament.

29 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Too many people are totally missing the point on the importance of getting independence. Too many are lingering on the Salmond case which incidentally has sod all to do with independence. Too many are lingering on the woke pish which incidentally has sod all to do with independence. Too many are lingering on the merits of Nicola Sturgeon as FM which has sod all to do with independence in the long-term. Too many are lingering on the subject of EU membership (to have or have not) which has sod all to do with independence.

Independence is far greater than all those topics and far more important. Two votes for SNP or quit moaning about our current predicament.

With all due respect, it’s not as black and white as that for all voters. 

From here it looks as thought the SNP are willing to risk votes, a majority and therefore a potential second referendum all for controversial bills that are not related to independence. Why? 

16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

From here it looks as thought the SNP are willing to risk votes, a majority and therefore a potential second referendum all for controversial bills that are not related to independence. Why? 

Double post

Edited by Caledonian Craig
11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

To me it is black and white.

The SNP get their majority in May or forget any hopes of IndyRef2 for another five years at least.

Obviously, those that do not understand that put far more importance in immaterial woke pish, Salmond pish and EU pish.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To me it is black and white.

The SNP get their majority in May or forget any hopes of IndyRef2 for another five years at least.

Obviously, those that do not understand that put far more importance in immaterial woke pish, Salmond pish and EU pish.

I think people do understand that, they aren’t stupid or naive. But you can’t blackmail voters forever, Scottish Labour tried that. Eventually people will take their voters elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now.

As a result, Ireland has become a moral morass akin to Dante's 9 circles of hell.

Walking down your average Dublin street you feel like Clarice walking down the prison corridor in Silence of The Lambs.

Womb-owners (formally known as women) live in fear of using public toilets, knowing there is very likely a 17 stone bearded penis-equipped woman hiding in the storage cupboard sniffing detol and angrily abusing TERFs on Twitter.

The government (led by the uber-woke Leo Varadkar) is in talks with Elon Musk to export all unreconstructed men to the Lithium mines of Phobos to work as indentured servants, where they'll be milked weekly for their sperm.

As a result, there is now huge support among the electorate for giving up the country's independence altogether, and returning to the loving embrace of British Tory rule.

:)

On the other hand hope the main reconciliatory tactic to win back their vote isn't to suggest they're potentially overreacting as last time my wife took that inference from something fairly innocuous i'd said it was pretty much the catalyst of the great sex drought of 2018.  

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think people do understand that, they aren’t stupid or naive. But you can’t blackmail voters forever, Scottish Labour tried that. Eventually people will take their voters elsewhere. 

And at that point the independence dream dies.

Tell me.....what will happen IF Scotland ever manages to get independence? There will be elections and you'll be able to choose whatever party you want to lead an independent Scotland forward. Independence is for good whilst SNP policies (some that people may not like) are not.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And at that point the independence dream dies.

Tell me.....what will happen IF Scotland ever manages to get independence? There will be elections and you'll be able to choose whatever party you want to lead an independent Scotland forward. Independence is for good whilst SNP policies (some that people may not like) are not.

It will never die, it would just need a better party or a better version of the SNP to lead it (assuming they don’t get a majority in May) 

But the voters are there, and younger people are more likely to vote for independence as well.

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It will never die, it would just need a better party or a better version of the SNP to lead it (assuming they don’t get a majority in May) 

But the voters are there, and younger people are more likely to vote for independence as well.

And when, exactly, do you think that would come about?

Sorry but you are dreaming if you think a new independence backing party builds up to the kind of support the SNP has now. And what, exactly, happens when that party has policies that people will probably not agree with? Do we shed that and hope yet another Indy party comes about. I hate to break it to you but you will never get a perfect party that supports independence just like you won't get any other type of perfect political party out there.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’re entitled to think that but as far as I can see, a lot of women are absolutely disgusted with the SNP and the hate bill. 

Lets strip it back, there’s probably a few hundred zoomer, over opinionated crack pots kicking about on Twitter  claiming to be a storm, when in fact they are a blaw of shite, yes its not a great bill however parts of it are actually ok,, not perfect but bloody hell the response of the storm mob is laughable 

Two polls out today. Savanta ComRes and Yougov. Savanta ComRes shows the SNP one short of an overall majority, but pro-Indy parties with a comfortable majority. Yougov shows the SNP gaining a comfortable overall majority of 13 on its own. hope that holds up, not sure if it will

14 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Two polls out today. Savanta ComRes and Yougov. Savanta ComRes shows the SNP one short of an overall majority, but pro-Indy parties with a comfortable majority. Yougov shows the SNP gaining a comfortable overall majority of 13 on its own. hope that holds up, not sure if it will

49% yes. 51% no on both polls

33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

49% yes. 51% no on both polls

No doubt unionists will be celebrating this on social media but I think they will privately be disappointed. The  kitchen sink has been thrown at NS and the SG these last few weeks and there is still not much in it. Dont want it to dip much further though. 

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No doubt unionists will be celebrating this on social media but I think they will privately be disappointed. The  kitchen sink has been thrown at NS and the SG these last few weeks and there is still not much in it. Dont want it to dip much further though. 

True but I'd want Yes to be polling high 50s/low 60s inconsistently before we attempt a referendum and feel anywhere near confident of winning. 

All  very well folk saying yes in a poll but its very different when having to actually vote unfortunately 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

True but I'd want Yes to be polling high 50s/low 60s inconsistently before we attempt a referendum and feel anywhere near confident of winning. 

All  very well folk saying yes in a poll but its very different when having to actually vote unfortunately 

I have to disagree on that.

Look at 2014 and polls running up to the referendum. Yes was generally polling at around mid to high 30% and ended up with much more on 44.8% whilst Yes polled higher than it ended up with. That pattern being repeated in an IndyRef 2 and Yes would be the winner if we start at a point like polls are at now.

Lets think about things. What can BetterTogether 2 offer us that they never last time (reneging on much of that). They cannot hold Scots over a barrel about losing EU membership either. I do not see anything they have up their sleeve as a vote winner and people have already been lied to before on their promises so I do not see where they are going to persuade the don't knows. 

....or its SNP Black Ops, Lulling the Naws into a false sense of security.... 

I think it could be a good thing just now, putting prerssure on the SNP vote.

Not to get too complacent, as was the case in 2016, no gee'in someone else yir second vote.

Stop all the phannying about with your second vote., 

This is Serious,

BOTH VOTES SNP if you want a Referendum.

Its quite simple really.

Edited by stocky
29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

In fact, the ComRes one is essentially unchanged from one from 2-3 weeks ago.

I'll be interested in seeing the data for that poll as ComRes have been all over the place since the turn of the year - there's was the one who had Yes at 58% in December, so a 18 point swing over three months looks a bit unusual to say the least - so it would be good to see what's going on under the covers.

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Of course. But I cannot see indyref2 happening this year and feel that if we can keep the polls around 50 despite all the current negativity,  then it will be much easier to build on that again. 

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

In fact, the ComRes one is essentially unchanged from one from 2-3 weeks ago.

I'll be interested in seeing the data for that poll as ComRes have been all over the place since the turn of the year - there's was the one who had Yes at 58% in December, so a 18 point swing over three months looks a bit unusual to say the least - so it would be good to see what's going on under the covers.

Hopefully not another scandal .

54 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I have to disagree on that.

Look at 2014 and polls running up to the referendum. Yes was generally polling at around mid to high 30% and ended up with much more on 44.8% whilst Yes polled higher than it ended up with. That pattern being repeated in an IndyRef 2 and Yes would be the winner if we start at a point like polls are at now.

Lets think about things. What can BetterTogether 2 offer us that they never last time (reneging on much of that). They cannot hold Scots over a barrel about losing EU membership either. I do not see anything they have up their sleeve as a vote winner and people have already been lied to before on their promises so I do not see where they are going to persuade the don't knows. 

If you want to think that then thats your prerogative. 

If beg to differ. I hope you are right.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you want to think that then thats your prerogative. 

If beg to differ. I hope you are right.

That is fair enough.

As I said though what sort of jewels, perks, policies, plans for the future does Better Together have up their sleeve that they never played last time? Nothing.