41 minutes ago, Lamia said:

ūüĎć

Is there not another one to come too?

Drip, drip.........

That's not the allegation against the female MP, is it?

To be honest, if there's only one more "scandal" left to come out I'll be pleasantly surprised.  :lol:

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now. As a result, Irela

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

In the overall division of blame I am on your side rather than the "Salmond backers".  Salmond hasn't helped himself and I cannot be bothered with the social media rumour mills and bad actors.  However, I can't pretend I believe Nicola didn't know for days/weeks/months (take your pick) before she has stated to Parliament.

My belief in Sturgeon's credibility has been shaken.  A few even innocuous things like pretending not to know all the accusers, claiming not to have known until four months into an investigation.. I just simply don't believe her.  Although I believe she may have done what she thinks is right, I no longer believe she has told the truth.  If I was an MSP I'd vote for her to stay on but I'm not 100% behind her as I once was.

Ironically, the SNP were quite error free during the Salmond era.  Always tactically a set ahead and fairly scandal free.  I'm not enjoying the factionalism of the recent times.  There is a whiff of new Labour about it and careerism.  To me there's an immature "gimmickiness" about them now for want a of a better word.  I'm not impressed with Yusaf in particular.  Too many tweets makes a ...

All that said, if you don't vote SNP in May and you're an independence supporter you're na√Įve.¬† Simple.¬†¬†

I identify with a lot of that, though I suppose it becomes more difficult to manage the larger the party becomes. 
I dont like the gimmicky image either but  I dont know if it is because i am a bit older and not keeping up with changes. I work in banking which has a traditional stuffy image but that is changing completely too.

Everything is moving fast, social media has exploded in even in the short time since Alex Salmond stepped down so its probably hard to directly compare the party leadership under both FMs. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I am assuming you mean you gave both votes to the SNP in the last 3 elections? We've only had 3 after 2003. 

In 2007 SNP got 2 regional seats. In 2011 SNP got 1 regional seat even though they also won every constituency seat. The Greens were nowhere near winning a seat. Not really that surprising in NE Scotland.

In 2016 SNP lost one of the constituency seats to the Aberdeenshire Tories but failed to pick up any regional seats. The Greens got 15,000 regional votes but that still wasn't enough to get them a seat. 

NE Scotland is a bit of a dilemma for would be tactical voters. Folk in that part of the country are unlikely to vote Green in big enough numbers to get them a seat.

I've probably miscalculated, but 03 - SNP/SSP ; 07 SNPx2 ; 11-SNPx2, and 16 SNPx2.

I toiled over the Greens last time too assuming it being the NE etc and probably not getting a seat so went SNP. I'm sure the Greens were 2k off a seat last time?! Might be wrong. Constituency vote definitely SNP, then will see how the campaign goes and probably polls - ken, tactical voting is a mug's game - but see how they're shaping up

42 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's not the allegation against the female MP, is it?

To be honest, if there's only one more "scandal" left to come out I'll be pleasantly surprised.  :lol:

With the best will in the world, an allegation of sexual harrassment by a woman against a man isn't going anywhere.  

Not saying that it shouldn't be taken seriously but that's just a fact.

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

With the best will in the world, an allegation of sexual harrassment by a woman against a man isn't going anywhere.  

Tell me aboot it. I've had to fight them off most of my adult life. Does anybody believe me? Do they fuk.

10 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The party is ‚Äútired‚ÄĚ under sturgeon, regardless of the result in may she needs to step down¬†

What is that based on? How many years did Salmond lead the SNP, before he got "tired"?

Are you saying that if Nicola Sturgeon won her first majority Government, giving her the biggest possible mandate for indy, you'd expect her to step down?

10 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Had there been any credible opposition we would be toast ,the fact that the tories just pushed through a horrible brexit deal and Labour, well are rotten,,¬†¬†is the only saving grace to the party, no direction or discipline. The chief whip a WM now has a harassment investigation ongoing,, fucking shambles. The party through the want for independence is ‚Äútoo big to control‚ÄĚ there are so many different political subgroups in the party and hard to keep fractures from appearing¬†

Sounds like the TAMB! :lol:

44 minutes ago, exile said:

What is that based on? How many years did Salmond lead the SNP, before he got "tired"?

Are you saying that if Nicola Sturgeon won her first majority Government, giving her the biggest possible mandate for indy, you'd expect her to step down?

Yes i think she should step down regardless as she has made some horrendous errors or at least been in charge while these errors happened, i would like to see her set up a replacement and gradually let them take over before she steps down,, as long as its not Angus robertson who it looks like she wants 

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes i think she should step down regardless as she has made some horrendous errors or at least been in charge while these errors happened, i would like to see her set up a replacement and gradually let them take over before she steps down,, as long as its not Angus robertson who it looks like she wants 

So who do you suggest could do a better job?

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Yet a guy can make a daft joke centred around an autocorrect error and his career is ruined. Almost makes me think, in certain circumstances, "female privilege" is a thing! ūüėČ

Of course, if that is the story, then the intention is just to create controversy, not for it to really go any further than that.

The rumour, for what it's worth, is that the politician, a middle-aged woman, who, having had a good drink at a party, propositioned this young guy (who must be a bit of a looker, because he is the same lad Patrick Grady is alleged to have touched up).

If that's true then it's very low level stuff, the kind of thing that happens at virtually every works night out ever. Someone I know very well had similar offers from half-cut middle-aged women when he was younger. He's of an age now where he'd likely accept such an offer! :lol:

34 minutes ago, Lamia said:

So who do you suggest could do a better job?

Really not sure at the moment as sturgeon has not stood out the limelight long enough for others to show promise, i like katie forbes however maybe too soon, duncan hamilton has bag loads of talent however stepped awa from front line politics in 2005 (i think) cherry has rocked the boat too much, robertson would split the party, so not entirely sure,, forbes would be fromt runner ATM. 

31 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Yet a guy can make a daft joke centred around an autocorrect error and his career is ruined. Almost makes me think, in certain circumstances, "female privilege" is a thing! ūüėČ

Of course, if that is the story, then the intention is just to create controversy, not for it to really go any further than that.

The rumour, for what it's worth, is that the politician, a middle-aged woman, who, having had a good drink at a party, propositioned this young guy (who must be a bit of a looker, because he is the same lad Patrick Grady is alleged to have touched up).

Think I might have found him ūü§® Didn‚Äôt realise the rumour was it was the same person ūüė≥. That‚Äôs not suspicious at all.¬†

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I identify with a lot of that, though I suppose it becomes more difficult to manage the larger the party becomes. 
I dont like the gimmicky image either but  I dont know if it is because i am a bit older and not keeping up with changes. I work in banking which has a traditional stuffy image but that is changing completely too.

Everything is moving fast, social media has exploded in even in the short time since Alex Salmond stepped down so its probably hard to directly compare the party leadership under both FMs. 

Yeah I think I'm the same in terms of age.  Maybe I'm just getting older and cynical.  Well known policies of last parliament have seemed to be about changes that are skin deep gimmicks.

We're giving every child a named person. To which any dissenter:  "BUT WERE NO REALLY CHANGING ANYTHING just CODIFYING..CODIFYING!!"

We're changing hate laws

"NOTHING MUCH CHANGING HERE EITHER..WONT AFFECT ANYBODY'

We're making changes to GRA.

"JUST FORMS MATE!"

I believe them.  They'll make next to no difference to the ordinary person.  These three things have been given more energy than anything about elderly care, drugs, crap schools, green energy or even independence. 

It's a party of wee gimmicks for twitter likes.

What I find odd is that people say things like, ooh, that Nicola Stugeon, she's been accused of lying, she may have broken a code.  So I won't vote SNP. Fine, but then what?

We'll get the Tories. Led by Johnson. Who lies just about every time he's in Parliament. Just saw Newsnight there. Apparently he misled Parliament, broke the ministerial code 3 times in 3 weeks.

People seem to hold NS up against an ideal standard - or a hypothetical ideal leader, or Alex Salmond - a standard that they don't expect of the Tories, or Labour or any other paty, so are ready to throw it all away and get the Tories.

Edited by exile

Scotland can be independent. All that's needed is for people to get out and vote for it.

Independence was at 58% not so long ago. Most of the support falling away seem to have gone to don't know or won't vote, rather than to No. All that needs to happen is for them to actually vote for a parties that will win seats and there will be a pro indy majority. But voting for parties that won't win seats, or not voting at all, will mean no independence.

57 minutes ago, exile said:

What I find odd is that people say things like, ooh, that Nicola Stugeon, she's been accused of lying, she may have broken a code.  So I won't vote SNP. Fine, but then what?

We'll get the Tories. Led by Johnson. Who lies just about every time he's in Parliament. Just saw Newsnight there. Apparently he misled Parliament, broke the ministerial code 3 times in 3 weeks.

People seem to hold NS up against an ideal standard - or a hypothetical ideal leader, or Alex Salmond - a standard that they don't expect of the Tories, or Labour or any other paty, so are ready to throw it all away and get the Tories.

I don’t think many people think this way, they’d probably find a reason to vote Tory regardless if Sturegon lied or whatever, like voting no because you don’t like Salmond. 

If independence is about being able to pick our own liars who lie less than the Tories, fine but don’t expect people to get excited about it and some, rightly in my eyes, will reject that narrative all together and just not vote. (For the SNP)

I do find myself hating the SNP more, but only because I thought they offered something better, something worth campaigning for. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt
6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think many people think this way, they’d probably find a reason to vote Tory regardless if Sturegon lied or whatever, like voting no because you don’t like Salmond. 

If independence is about being able to pick our own liars who lie less than the Tories, fine but don’t expect people to get excited about it and some, rightly in my eyes, will reject that narrative all together and just not vote. (For the SNP)

I do find myself hating the SNP more, but only because I thought they offered something better, something worth campaigning for. 

It seems like some people are saying:

"I don't like our current manager. We're playing dull, defensive football, not like the pure expansive attacking game we used to play. So I am not going to support our team any more. In fact I hope we lose so we can get the manager sacked. I can't say who the next manager will be and it may take a number of years of rebuilding, but in the long term, some day we'll be back to playing football that I can get excited about."

Which is fine except by doing so, not only does your team lose, but it's in danger of being put out of business and being taken over by your biggest rival, who play even more dire football, and that's all you'll ever have, forever.

1 hour ago, exile said:

It seems like some people are saying:

"I don't like our current manager. We're playing dull, defensive football, not like the pure expansive attacking game we used to play. So I am not going to support our team any more. In fact I hope we lose so we can get the manager sacked. I can't say who the next manager will be and it may take a number of years of rebuilding, but in the long term, some day we'll be back to playing football that I can get excited about."

Which is fine except by doing so, not only does your team lose, but it's in danger of being put out of business and being taken over by your biggest rival, who play even more dire football, and that's all you'll ever have, forever.

Like being taken over by Ireland? 

8 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Very cringy to say the least,, 

You might think Denise and the #iamthestorm crowd are exaggerating, but just look at the evidence. Over here in Ireland we've had gender recognition certificates for years now.

As a result, Ireland has become a moral morass akin to Dante's 9 circles of hell.

Walking down your average Dublin street you feel like Clarice walking down the prison corridor in Silence of The Lambs.

Womb-owners (formally known as women) live in fear of using public toilets, knowing there is very likely a 17 stone bearded penis-equipped woman hiding in the storage cupboard sniffing detol and angrily abusing TERFs on Twitter.

The government (led by the uber-woke Leo Varadkar) is in talks with Elon Musk to export all unreconstructed men to the Lithium mines of Phobos to work as indentured servants, where they'll be milked weekly for their sperm.

As a result, there is now huge support among the electorate for giving up the country's independence altogether, and returning to the loving embrace of British Tory rule.