Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

I wont find it funny in any way, never mind hilarious. There is no way Scotland will win independance without the SNP in power. Unless you mean post independence,  but I doubt you mean that as that wo

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Were they 'knock-backs' though? As I understand it he was old school a bit like Dave Lee Travis who also was cleared. A touchy-feely-type but not in a sexual way but construed that way. That is as I understand it. In an age he was brought up in - harmless. In today's age - sexual harassment.

 

Essentially yes. the two serious incidents - if non-consensual - would be construed as sexual assault by most people.  The others were - for want of a better description - being a bit "handsy".

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Unredacted version still available from The Spectator.  

And here we the raison d'etre of the unionist media.

They raised the white flag on anything positive coming out of the Scottish Elections and they see this as their best chance of putting an end to IndyRef2 by bringing down the Scottish Government even if it means over-egging things and falling in behind a man not too long ago was painted as a sex pest (even after the verdict).

Desperation is an awful thing.

 

Edited by Caledonian Craig
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And here we the raison d'etre of the unionist media.

They raised the white flag on anything positive coming out of the Scottish Elections and they see this as their best chance of putting an end to IndyRef2 by bringing down the Scottish Government even if it means over-egging things and falling in behind a man not too long ago was painted as a sex pest (even after the verdict).

Desperation is an awful thing.

 

In terms of the information any thoughts on the redacted paragraphs and what they're trying to acheive?  Salmond's lawyers have asked for the basis for the decision bearing in mind the legal hoops jumped through thus far and look like been told 'sorry confidential'.  The whole point of the redactions to me seem a fairly cackhanded and cynical ploy to avoid him turning up tomorrow.

     

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

In terms of the information any thoughts on the redacted paragraphs and what they're trying to acheive?  Salmond's lawyers have asked for the basis for the decision bearing in mind the legal hoops jumped through thus far and look like been told 'sorry confidential'.  The whole point of the redactions to me seem a fairly cackhanded and cynical ploy to avoid him turning up tomorrow.

     

It is all far too complicated for me.

My simple mind sees it this way. Salmond is seething his case was even brought to court and he is like a red rag to a bull and seeing conspiracies in the slightest things. Lets remember he held his hands up and admitted he had done inappropriate things in his time and so women upheld their rights to pursue a case against him. I think he is using dates of knowledge to implicate Sturgeon into some sort of conspiracy and he's been whipped into a frenzy by someone (not sure who well have an idea but someone here will know) with the What's App stuff and Murrell's messages and that has tipped him over the edge and he is convinced there is a conspiracy. I'd say he's being egged on too by people within the SNP who think the route to independence is going too slowly and being side-tracked by other issues they are very angst to. That is how I see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we weigh things up here and look at this purely on political standing then why should Sturgeon keek her pants on hearing Salmond was making a comeback (or planning to). It is common knowledge across the media in many polls too that Sturgeon is rated far higher in polls than Salmond. Salmond was marmite. Loved by the SNP but loathed outwith. Sturgeon maybe not quite so all encompassing within the SNP but far more appealing to those outwith the SNP which is crucial if a Yes vote is ever to be returned should IndyRef2 happen. So you see I do not see why on Earth she'd feel so threatened to get involved in such a conspiracy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see anything good coming of all this, sturgeon is up to her neck in shit, we have a rampant trans maniac wing trying to gain control for their own agenda,, we have murrell also up to his neck in shit, Angus Robertson is implicated in the hole affair... she needs to be seen to take action if she is not to step down herself..

 

i am willing to put indy in the back burner as we will not achieve it through sturgeon i am afraid,, what has she done to the party 🙈

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

In terms of the information any thoughts on the redacted paragraphs and what they're trying to acheive?  Salmond's lawyers have asked for the basis for the decision bearing in mind the legal hoops jumped through thus far and look like been told 'sorry confidential'.  The whole point of the redactions to me seem a fairly cackhanded and cynical ploy to avoid him turning up tomorrow.

     

100% but then if I was to explain it then I'd be in contempt of court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I cant see anything good coming of all this, sturgeon is up to her neck in shit, we have a rampant trans maniac wing trying to gain control for their own agenda,, we have murrell also up to his neck in shit, Angus Robertson is implicated in the hole affair... she needs to be seen to take action if she is not to step down herself..

 

i am willing to put indy in the back burner as we will not achieve it through sturgeon i am afraid,, what has she done to the party 🙈

The tories are already angling for an investigation by an outside country - hardly takes a genius to work out who they have in mind for that and what their motives will be.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aaid said:

And that's what the three amigos - Jackie Baillie, Murdo Fraser & Alex Cole Hamilton - have been trying to do since day one.

Their first attempt at this was trying to establish if there had been complaints of bullying first of all against Salmond while he was First Minister.  If there had been then under the policy, they would have been directed to Sturgeon as Deputy FM.  The obvious inference here was that she'd known long before 2018 that he was a "wrong 'un" and did nothing about it.

The problem is though, there were no complaints made.  Some people had found him difficult to work for but there'd been no official complaints, so nothing on her desk.

The next - and most obvious one - is trying to link the Edinburgh Airport alleged incident to the subsequent complaints and again use to imply that Sturgeon knew he was a "wrong 'un" and failed to act.

Absolutely shameless from that shower.

It is, although, a parliamentary enquiry was never going to adequately get to the bottom of it, not when its members have their own parties agendas at the backs of their minds.  Baillie, Cole-Hamilton and Fraser are all determined to bring Sturgeon down; the SNP contingent will desperate to protect her.

What is the Edinburgh Airport incident again, it wasn't his daft "killer heels" quip, was it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And here we the raison d'etre of the unionist media.

They raised the white flag on anything positive coming out of the Scottish Elections and they see this as their best chance of putting an end to IndyRef2 by bringing down the Scottish Government even if it means over-egging things and falling in behind a man not too long ago was painted as a sex pest (even after the verdict).

Desperation is an awful thing.

 

Scottish political Twitter has been quite surreal today.  We've had Wings' latest incarnation retweeting George Galloway - who has suddenly become very supportive of Alex Salmond - criticising Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish Government, and Wings' recent blog posts being shared by Brit Nats - people who until recently despised the blog and its authors!

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Didn't mean to appear snappy Hampden Loon on last post.

But can independence ever be put on the back-burner without playing into unionist hands who will use that as there being no appetite blah blah blah. The pressure is on Westminster NOW and we must keep it applied.

If the SNP have a disappointing election in May then I can see Westminster putting things in place which will dilute the effectiveness of the Holyrood parliament, even to the point of making it much harder for another referendum on independence to take place in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Didn't mean to appear snappy Hampden Loon on last post.

But can independence ever be put on the back-burner without playing into unionist hands who will use that as there being no appetite blah blah blah. The pressure is on Westminster NOW and we must keep it applied.

Am a big loon haha dont worry about it. I am not sure back burner is the right word, I actually dont know whats for the best 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Scottish political Twitter has been quite surreal today.  We've had Wings' latest incarnation retweeting George Galloway - who has suddenly become very supportive of Alex Salmond - criticising Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish Government, and Wings' recent blog posts being shared by Brit Nats - people who until recently despised the blog and its authors!

If the SNP have a disappointing election in May then I can see Westminster putting things in place which will dilute the effectiveness of the Holyrood parliament, even to the point of making it much harder for another referendum on independence to take place in the future.

Thats the worry, maybe what sturgeon is angling for? 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotlad said:

It is, although, a parliamentary enquiry was never going to adequately get to the bottom of it, not when its members have their own parties agendas at the backs of their minds.  Baillie, Cole-Hamilton and Fraser are all determined to bring Sturgeon down; the SNP contingent will desperate to protect her.

What is the Edinburgh Airport incident again, it wasn't his daft "killer heels" quip, was it?

Aye - that's the only thing they managed to dredge up outside these complaints by the alphabetties despite 200 police going back years with their enquiries into the past of the most investigated politician the UK has ever seen.  Funny that.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll vote SNP in may as I want independence but they are going from one shiteshow to another and are gonna fuck iur chances of independence if they dont get their house in order pronto. 

Same here, if the vote were tomorrow we would gain a majority thats for sure.the tories would Gain a few seats, moray, B&B, lib dems would take caithness and sutherland along with a few others.

the underwhelming “road map” yesterday was another vote loser, probably more so than the salmond affair 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 2:34 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think you are brilliant Aaid i really do, intelligent and quick of the mark, i just hope you are right? As i have said i will vote snp, i am Nationalist ti the core,, problem is to me, is that th primary issue with HQ?

lol. Jesus turns out you are an idiot.

............................................

Here are the mostly unredacted Salmond submissions (via wings), read them while you still can.

Alex Salmond’s written evidence to the Fabiani committee:

 – on the Ministerial Code
 (largely previously published by this site and The Spectator.)

 final written submission
 (working link, the actual one on the committee website is broken)

– previous written submissions: 1, 2, 3

https://wingsoverscotland.com/through-the-stable-door/

The second link is the latest submission.

Also check out the heavily redacted letters from Anne Harvey (a Scottish solicitor) who blew the whistle early on, on what she described as a blatant 'witch-hunt'.

Salmond is not lying in any of this, it is all true.

Edited by thplinth
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. just noticed this...

What a sad pathetic cunt.

Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:56 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Coronavirus
Monday at 11:56 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:56 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:55 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:54 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:54 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:54 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:53 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:53 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:52 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:52 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:51 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:51 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:51 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:51 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:51 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:50 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:50 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:50 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:49 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:49 PM
Guest    somebody reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Monday at 11:49 PM

I guess I could go see who was posting on this thread at that time and work it out... if I gave a fuck. lol.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...