3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm pretty sure we all know the obvious answer to that. Sort out the IT problems. Have they never heard of Zoom? :lol: 

Funnily enough it was the Tories who seemed to be most affected.  

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

I wont find it funny in any way, never mind hilarious. There is no way Scotland will win independance without the SNP in power. Unless you mean post independence,  but I doubt you mean that as that wo

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Funnily enough it was the Tories who seemed to be most affected.  

I suppose it could give the person being interrogated a bit an advantage to get them a wee bit more thinking time. "Sorry, what was that question again? You seem to be breaking up........" Oops, presses the off button by mistake.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I suppose it could give the person being interrogated a bit an advantage to get them a wee bit more thinking time. "Sorry, what was that question again? You seem to be breaking up........" Oops, presses the off button by mistake.

Salmond needs to invest in a lag switch.

10 hours ago, aaid said:

As I and others have said, for the last two years he's done a complete 180 and his current writing more resembles that which he used to dissect.   The irony is, if you paid attention to what he was saying in 2014 about the "how" and didn't focus on the what - its pretty easy to spot it.

You've mentioned this a few times, and i think you did give an example a while ago (that i've since forgotten).

You should write a blog dissecting the dissector!

11 hours ago, Dave78 said:

You've mentioned this a few times, and i think you did give an example a while ago (that i've since forgotten).

You should write a blog dissecting the dissector!

Then I would have to read his stuff 🤢

I only picked up the latest one as I was looking for a copy of Salmond's leaked submission and that was the only place that seemed to have a verbatim transcript.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Read wings today and personally i think he is pushing it to far, maybe that is me being selfish for the purposes of keeping the party together, really is not pleasant reading 

I went to have a look. Haven't got past the first headline on the Record page yet.

"COVID is an acronym for Celtic On Vacation In Dubai" :lol:

I'll go and read the rest of it now.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I went to have a look. Haven't got past the first headline on the Record page yet.

"COVID is an acronym for Celtic On Vacation In Dubai" :lol:

I'll go and read the rest of it now.

😂 that is pretty good for the Record .

7 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Read wings today and personally i think he is pushing it to far, maybe that is me being selfish for the purposes of keeping the party together, really is not pleasant reading 

Agree - I stopped reading wings since he is now actively trying to tear the party apart.

FWIW : There is no denying Alex Salmond was stitched up.  It also seems that Liz Lloyd (Sturgeons chief of staff) has played a major role in this... Possibly as both a complainer AND also the person who (along with Leslie Evans) devised the flawed complaints procedure to be used against Alex Salmond.  Got no evidence to prove that - just based on other things I have seen online.  Makes sense as the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I can see why Alex is likely raging. The Scottish government is clearly now engaged in cover up of a botched investigation.  Leslie Evans should be hung and quartered.  At the very least she will be expecting further legal action from Alex Salmond in due course...

However - what the SNP don't need right now is a new leader.  Sturgeon being forced to resign before May 21 would be disastrous for the independence movement.

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

Agree - I stopped reading wings since he is now actively trying to tear the party apart.

FWIW : There is no denying Alex Salmond was stitched up.  It also seems that Liz Lloyd (Sturgeons chief of staff) has played a major role in this... Possibly as both a complainer AND also the person who (along with Leslie Evans) devised the flawed complaints procedure to be used against Alex Salmond.  Got no evidence to prove that - just based on other things I have seen online.  Makes sense as the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I can see why Alex is likely raging. The Scottish government is clearly now engaged in cover up of a botched investigation.  Leslie Evans should be hung and quartered.  At the very least she will be expecting further legal action from Alex Salmond in due course...

However - what the SNP don't need right now is a new leader.  Sturgeon being forced to resign before May 21 would be disastrous for the independence movement.

I hope this isn’t true, the independence movement needs to be bigger than one person, sure it will need the SNP to bring it to a vote but if one leader leaving can derail that, then it would be easy for the UK establishment to bring it down.
That’s one of the reasons why I never bought the Salmond conspiracy theory, that it was directed from London, if that was the case they’d have did it before 2014 surely?

I’ve no love for the SNP but even if Sturgeon went, labour are such a mess and the Tories toxic that any competent replacement could continue the momentum. 

6 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

At least you admit it.

40 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’ve no love for the SNP but even if Sturgeon went, labour are such a mess and the Tories toxic that any competent replacement could continue the momentum. 

Similar to my thoughts.  FWIW : I liked the way Alex Salmond took on the media.  However Sturgeon more diplomatic and might appeal to wider variety of voters.

There seems to be a chance Sturgeon might get taken out by the after shock from Salmond case.  Would be a shame if she went in such circumstances.  Personally I would take Joanna Cherry as leader.  Also a huge fan of Mike Russel - however he looks set to retire...   There is enough talent in party.  Bigger risk is that its split by the whole sorry saga.

27 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Similar to my thoughts.  FWIW : I liked the way Alex Salmond took on the media.  However Sturgeon more diplomatic and might appeal to wider variety of voters.

There seems to be a chance Sturgeon might get taken out by the after shock from Salmond case.  Would be a shame if she went in such circumstances.  Personally I would take Joanna Cherry as leader.  Also a huge fan of Mike Russel - however he looks set to retire...   There is enough talent in party.  Bigger risk is that its split by the whole sorry saga.

He has already decided to stand down at the next election. He is 67. Time for a well earned rest.

Sturgeon going before the election would be a real blow to Indy hopes.  Any new leader would have a short time to shore up the SNP vote, ultimately there are a lot of SNP lite individuals who are voting SNP because of Nicola.

For what its worth, yes I think Salmond has been fitted up, he showed a real lack of judgement though during what was our most significant moment during Indyref but its clear there was a source of motivation to sideline him.  The fact they almost put him in jail is disgusting.

Without Salmond, we wouldnt have had indyref, without Sturgeon, I cant see we will get indyref2.   At the moment, its probably Cherry but she is a marmite candidate similiar to Salmond.  Angus Robertson to me is the natural heir apparent.

26 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

^ Uhhhhm : Alex Salmond was stitched up (by complaints process proven to be both biased and unfair in court of law).

£500K of tax payers money awarded in damages prove that!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49331140

Lets be accurate about it.  The judicial review didn't prove that the complaints process was both biased and unfair.   It - to the best of my knowledge made no comment on the fairness or otherwise of the procedure itself, what it did say was that investigation was tainted by the perception of apparent bias.  It didn't say it was biased in itself and the Scottish Government while accepting the ruling and conceding the perception still vehemently deny there was any *actual* bias.

From the evidence given to the inquiry so far, my view is that the specific problem - that the investigating officer had had prior contact with the complainers - does look from the outside to be problematic, however, its not clear if that was deliberate - which is the only way you could consider it a stitch up - incompetence, or something which looks bad but in reality had no bearing on the investigation.

That's one of the things this inquiry is trying to get to the bottom of.

22 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

No chance that Joanna Cherry or any other MP will be the next leader of the SNP in the circumstances you describe.

While there is nothing in the rules to stop an MP from standing, it's pretty unthinkable that anyone other than an MSP could take on the role as it would almost certainly mean also being First Minister.

Now for a Unionist Party, they might be able to get away with the party leader being in Westminster and the deputy leader being First Minister, after all they view Westminster as the superior institution. 

For the SNP to do similar would be unthinkable and I doubt it would be something the membership would accept.   It's a very different situation to that when the SNP were in opposition and Salmond became leader while an MP.

The various shenanigans about manufacturing a by-election to create a "safe-seat" is also a terrible look and would be a massive risk as well.

Personally speaking - and I hope there isn't a vacancy for years - I'd rather see someone from Holyrood with some experience of government than someone from Westminster who's been in permanent opposition.

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

I agree with most of that