9 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The Twitter headline had NS 'plunging' Scotland into lockdown this afternoon whereas BoJo is merely 'introducing' one tonight. 

BBC has pictures of the police for the Scottish one and pictures of 2 metres apart for the English one.

Same action dressed up all differently.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

I wont find it funny in any way, never mind hilarious. There is no way Scotland will win independance without the SNP in power. Unless you mean post independence,  but I doubt you mean that as that wo

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

Posted Images

5 hours ago, phart said:

BBC has pictures of the police for the Scottish one and pictures of 2 metres apart for the English one.

Same action dressed up all differently.

BBC is an absolute joke now after the Tories have corrupted it further than it already was.

Newsnight last night after usual SNP bad stuff asked Dr Whitford for her professional opinion on the vaccine. She stated it can't do all the heavy lifting and will create as many problems as it solves if we don't get cases right down for June. Cuts instantly from her to introducing a government propaganda peice telling us the vaccine will be on the road to sorting it by mid-February so don't worry. If it was Russia Today I'm media would rip the absolute piss.

What's mind-blowing is the total incompetence of the Tory government. Pre-Christmas Boris the Clown was promising meet-ups would be allowed for the festive period then 24 hours later he did a complete u-turn. Last Sunday on Nationsl TV he was urging parents to send their children to school as normal and less than 24 hours another complete U-turn saying it was not safe to send the kids to school and we were in full lockdown. Then there was the complete u-turn on Brexit talks. All of this and more and yet the media give them an easy ride.

5 hours ago, davy-hay said:

Who would have thought the torys being incompetent 

Well they are unionists so to be fully expected and fully expected that the ultra-unionist media do not haul them over the coals for their rank incompetence. One rule for one.....it is why this union stinks to high heaven.

Edited by Caledonian Craig
12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well they are unionists so to be fully expected and fully expected that the ultra-unionist media do not haul them over the coals for their rank incompetence. One rule for one.....it is why this union stinks to high heaven.

yes. thank god we are leaving that union.   At least we never went as far as to get the currency. 

1 hour ago, davy-hay said:

yes. thank god we are leaving that union.   At least we never went as far as to get the currency. 

The union I speak of (and you know that) is the one Scotland were locked into under duress over 300 years ago. Pity you have no regards for Scotland's history ....if you did then you'd learn to abhor this so-called United Kingdom and how it was formed.

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The union I speak of (and you know that) is the one Scotland were locked into under duress over 300 years ago. Pity you have no regards for Scotland's history ....if you did then you'd learn to abhor this so-called United Kingdom and how it was formed.

300 years ago?  things were different then.  Dial up for a start.  

1 hour ago, davy-hay said:

300 years ago?  things were different then.  Dial up for a start.  

No different at all. Scotland still being robbed to fund a shitty union with the rest of the UK. Anyway the race is now on to who leaves first between Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Edited by Caledonian Craig
34 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No different at all. Scotland still being robbed to fund a shitty union with the rest of the UK. Anyway the race is now on to who leaves first between Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

No. We are part of the Union and are not being robbed. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Why are you engaging with him?

Posted (edited)

This is interesting.   Biden's nominee for National Security adviser for European Affairs is Dr. Amanda Sloat.

Who is Amanda Sloat, well she's an American academic who was steadfastly against Brexit.

So that's probably not great for Boris Johnson, but why isn't this in the Brexit thread.

Well, her doctorate is from the University of Edinburgh and in the past has been a special advisor to the Scottish Parliament.

And in 2002, she wrote this book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotland-Europe-Study-Multi-level-Governance/dp/3906766977

So that's a pro-Scotland, pro-Indy voice right at the heart of Biden's foreign policy team which can only be good.

https://www.brookings.edu/experts/amanda-sloat/

Edited by aaid
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looks like salmond will be moving away from politics in the northeast 🙈 his home has gone up for sale(cracking house btw)  i can see him moving down to the central belt.. maybe i am wrong but his affiliation with the northeast may be over 

• Confused 1
57 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A bit of good news today.

British Army recruitment in Scotland is apparently "in crisis" with few young Scots wanting to become cannon fodder for a foreign government and monarch. :ok:

aye great idea.  let's run down our defences..

2 hours ago, davy-hay said:

aye great idea.  let's run down our defences..

The UK government have been doing that for 25+ years.

How many times have I read the words or heard a newscaster say the words, "MOD cuts".

Ditto Police and Customs & Excise.

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Looks like salmond will be moving away from politics in the northeast 🙈 his home has gone up for sale(cracking house btw)  i can see him moving down to the central belt.. maybe i am wrong but his affiliation with the northeast may be over 

That would tend to suggest that he's not planning any sort of comeback, I couldn't see him attempting this outwith the North East, where he has a personal vote and a base of support.