• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you're becoming more pragmatic, can see both sides, with age and then an individual turns your country into a colony.  And I use that word advisedly. Don't even need to defend their pos

I wont find it funny in any way, never mind hilarious. There is no way Scotland will win independance without the SNP in power. Unless you mean post independence,  but I doubt you mean that as that wo

Thplinth's typical reaction whenever he's respectfully challenged by other posters about his (borderline spam posting) increasingly paranoid, conspiracy supporting, right wing views ..... T

Posted Images

16 hours ago, davy-hay said:

Do you honestly think he wants kids to go hungry. 

Why did he vote to end free school meals for kids that are hungry?

More than 1.4 million children experience food insecurity during the holidays, according to the Food Foundation, while 6.3 per cent of children are worried about going hungry during the impending October half-term.

8 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Why did he vote to end free school meals for kids that are hungry?

More than 1.4 million children experience food insecurity during the holidays, according to the Food Foundation, while 6.3 per cent of children are worried about going hungry during the impending October half-term.

Did he vote for that or was it to do with the funding for it? 

4 hours ago, davy-hay said:

Still don't believe anyone would actually publically say and mean that.   There must be more to it than "I want kids to not get free food evil laugh" 

Tory Party Manifesto   - nae wonder why Thatcher,  was Thatcher Thatcher Milk Snatcher 

So Naive, well since someone doesn't state something outright then they can't possibly do it.

It's politicians we're talking about here.

It's enlightening to see such gullibility, you often wonder where these folk actually are, it's easy to lie to idiots therefore idiots elect liars.

Edited by phart
2 minutes ago, phart said:

So Naive, well since someone doesn't state something outright then they can't possibly do it.

It's politicians we're talking about here.

It's enlightening to see such gullibility, you often wonder where these folk actually are, it's easy to lie to idiots therefore idiots elect liars.

You probably also vote tory 😂

A million more UK children in poverty than in 2010 – study

The number of children growing up in poverty in working households will be a million higher than in 2010, a new study has found.

Research for the TUC estimates that 3.1 million children with working parents will be below the official breadline this year.

About 600,000 children with working parents have been pushed into poverty because of the government’s benefit cuts and public sector pay restrictions

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/07/million-more-uk-children-in-poverty-than-in-2010

17 minutes ago, phart said:

A million more UK children in poverty than in 2010 – study

The number of children growing up in poverty in working households will be a million higher than in 2010, a new study has found.

Research for the TUC estimates that 3.1 million children with working parents will be below the official breadline this year.

About 600,000 children with working parents have been pushed into poverty because of the government’s benefit cuts and public sector pay restrictions

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/07/million-more-uk-children-in-poverty-than-in-2010

Dam. Thought the Torys had said it had lowered.  

just want to put on record I was wrong about Wings over Scotland. The guy has lost the plot. 

There are elements of the Scottish government's actions I don't agree with which has led me waiting for some serious evidence of wrongdoing by Nicola Sturgeon.  The mess over how a meeting has been recorded is a cause for concern and it has been hinted at for months there's more.  It appears this really is the extent of it despite all the innuendo.  The guy is desperate to get rid of the most popular, pro-independence leader of all time because of, at it's worst, an admin error.   

In 2015, the SNP had to respect the 2014 result.  In 2016, they won but it was roundly seen as disappointing to lose a majority.  Despite this Sturgeon demonstrated she wanted to use the mandate after Brexit and may well have but was roundly seen to be punished for it in 2017.  She had to row back.  We've now had another vote in 2019 which was a great success but still left the SNP short of a majority of votes.  Polls still showed independence as a MINORITY.  There's an easy rebuttal for London in those circumstances, like it or not.  We had a free hit in 2014, they're not going to concede another one unless it's clear and obvious we want one (they might not even concede anything anyway but at least you've then demonstrated you've tried all avenues).  

We're now in a position where the SNP are in a majority of seats, votes and a clear and obvious majority for independence in the polls.  She is widely regarded internationally and even down south.  We have the first time in our lives to officially give independence parties a clear majority of votes, not seats, and this man wants to create division.  

Sincerely think he might be compromised.

His idea of having a consultative vote on the big issue as part of the elections in a few months is utterly childish and so open to ridicule it's not even worth getting in to.  

The most likely scenario I now see is Wings simply thinks Sturgeon should have swept under the carpet any issues against Salmond and hasn't forgiven her for it.  Salmond has been found innocent and he doesn't deserve a lot of the flak either but allegations are allegations are allegations.  No evidence of a stitch up which always seemed fanciful.  I can't be the only one that won't be paying attention to him anymore.  Criticised folk on here over it previously.  mea culpa.

Edited by PapofGlencoe
  • Upvote 6
4 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

just want to put on record I was wrong about Wings over Scotland. The guy has lost the plot. 

There are elements of the Scottish government's actions I don't agree with which has led me waiting for some serious evidence of wrongdoing by Nicola Sturgeon.  The mess over how a meeting has been recorded is a cause for concern and it has been hinted at for months there's more.  It appears this really is the extent of it despite all the innuendo.  The guy is desperate to get rid of the most popular, pro-independence leader of all time because of, at it's worst, an admin error.   

In 2015, the SNP had to respect the 2014 result.  In 2016, they won but it was roundly seen as disappointing to lose a majority.  Despite this Sturgeon demonstrated she wanted to use the mandate after Brexit and may well have but was roundly seen to be punished for it in 2017.  She had to row back.  We've now had another vote in 2019 which was a great success but still left the SNP short of a majority of votes.  Polls still showed independence as a MINORITY.  There's an easy rebuttal for London in those circumstances, like it or not.  We had a free hit in 2014, they're not going to concede another one unless it's clear and obvious we want one (they might not even concede anything anyway but at least you've then demonstrated you've tried all avenues).  

We're now in a position where the SNP are in a majority of seats, votes and a clear and obvious majority for independence in the polls.  She is widely regarded internationally and even down south.  We have the first time in our lives to officially give independence parties a clear majority of votes, not seats, and this man wants to create division.  

Sincerely think he might be compromised.

His idea of having a consultative vote on the big issue as part of the elections in a few months is utterly childish and so open to ridicule it's not even worth getting in to.  

The most likely scenario I now see is Wings simply thinks Sturgeon should have swept under the carpet any issues against Salmond and hasn't forgiven her for it.  Salmond has been found innocent and he doesn't deserve a lot of the flak either but allegations are allegations are allegations.  No evidence of a stitch up which always seemed fanciful.  I can't be the only one that won't be paying attention to him anymore.  Criticised folk on here over it previously.  mea culpa.

It took me a long time to see through him and in the past I've contributed to multiple crowdfunders, at least after the recent postings it should be pretty clear what he is up to and the agenda he's promoting and its not one that is advancing the cause of independence.   Worryingly there are still some people who take every - increasingly deranged - utterance as gospel but thankfully these are getting fewer all the time.

It's interesting that he hasn't done a crowdfunder for a couple of years now.  These were always - with some justification - put up as a visible sign of his support, they generally raised a substantial sum in a short period.   There hasn't been one since he started focusing on GRA and attacking the SNP Leadership - funnily enough a period where support for Indy has increased as has support specifically for the FM.   

If I was being a cynic, I'd suggest the reason there hasn't been a crowd funder is because that would demonstrate exactly how far his support has fallen.   It does also beg the question - where's the money coming from now.

• Like 1

Perhaps part of Wings problem is he feels less important to the cause - shoved to the side if you will. Years ago when support for independence was not as great he was a kind of shining beacon for people - a rare voice in social media backing Scottish independence. In the last year (most definitely) support has grown for independence regardless and he maybe feels less needed - neglected even? I have no doubt he's a huge Salmond fan and so that explains his SNP bad attitude now.

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

It took me a long time to see through him and in the past I've contributed to multiple crowdfunders, at least after the recent postings it should be pretty clear what he is up to and the agenda he's promoting and its not one that is advancing the cause of independence.   Worryingly there are still some people who take every - increasingly deranged - utterance as gospel but thankfully these are getting fewer all the time.

It's interesting that he hasn't done a crowdfunder for a couple of years now.  These were always - with some justification - put up as a visible sign of his support, they generally raised a substantial sum in a short period.   There hasn't been one since he started focusing on GRA and attacking the SNP Leadership - funnily enough a period where support for Indy has increased as has support specifically for the FM.   

If I was being a cynic, I'd suggest the reason there hasn't been a crowd funder is because that would demonstrate exactly how far his support has fallen.   It does also beg the question - where's the money coming from now.

He was the no nonsense propagandist the Yes side needed in 2014.  A lot of the sound bites more reputable places would spout originated or were helped on in a rebuttal from him without ever actually naming him.   For years, he still did this job.   The MSM weren't used to social media and weren't used to people holding them to account with a razor like he did. 

Alas, the vote was lost and it was all about strategy from then on.  He's not good at that.

He's taken a dislike to Sturgeon though this Salmond case and has used his credibility with a section of supporters to big up conspiracy theories, stringing people along.  He's failed to prove anything substantial.

He'd piss away the whole movement to quench his hatred of a women he hates is popular???.  I think he knows fine well his way forward is ridiculous but just wants to create problems. instead of making sure the SNPs vote is over 50% , he has a cohort demonising.  I agree with there are issues with GRA but he's a weird obsessive and hypes up the issues.  

I'm grateful to see it now.  His strength in the movement is dwindling and that is a good thing. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Perhaps part of Wings problem is he feels less important to the cause - shoved to the side if you will. Years ago when support for independence was not as great he was a kind of shining beacon for people - a rare voice in social media backing Scottish independence. In the last year (most definitely) support has grown for independence regardless and he maybe feels less needed - neglected even? I have no doubt he's a huge Salmond fan and so that explains his SNP bad attitude now.

The more I think about it the more I think he's been turned.  If you wanted to damage the SNPs chances of getting a majority of votes and seats, who are you going to turn to?  Not the opposition.  it's certainly more plausible than his theory we can all just have a vote in 5 months without a price to pay or a whole political party woke up one day and wanted to jail its former leader for no apparent reason.

PS I don't actually think he's been turned but wouldn't be surprised.  I think hes just an obsessive now with decreasing relevance.  Independence is much bigger now and doesn't need him.

Edited by PapofGlencoe
9 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The more I think about it the more I think he's been turned.  If you wanted to damage the SNPs chances of getting a majority of votes and seats, who are you going to turn to?  Not the opposition.  it's certainly more plausible than his theory we can all just have a vote in 5 months without a price to pay or a whole political party woke up one day and wanted to jail its former leader for no apparent reason.

PS I don't actually think he's been turned but wouldn't be surprised.  I think hes just an obsessive now with decreasing relevance.  Independence is much bigger now and doesn't need him.

That has occurred to me at various points.   Around a couple of years ago, he was interviewed under caution - possibly arrested, not sure - after someone (allegedly a journalist he's been having a long running spat with) had made a complaint of harassment against him.  He was interviewed, interestingly by the Met, not his local police and had all his computers impounded so they could be searched for any incriminating evidence.  Ultimately he was never charged and the hardware was returned to him but of course - if you are that way minded, it does raise suspicion.   

It was also shortly after this happened that he started to turn on Nicola Sturgeon in particular although I think he'd been pushing the opposition to GRA before that, but not with the same intensity.

What makes me suspect he hasn't been turned, at least not by the UK security services, is that he got thrown off Twitter, not once but twice.  Given that Twitter was such a huge tool for him, if he was being handled, I doubt that would've happened as it has dramatically compromised his effectiveness.

What is absolutely certain is that Alex Salmond has been in his ear for some time.   I follow the GWR twitter account because I used to use their line to commute to work.  One day last summer, there was a random tweet, with a picture of Alex Salmond at Bath Spa station.  This was in the period after he'd been charged but before he'd gone to court.   I think, GWR was doing some sort of promotion at Bath Spa, Salmond had got a train and they'd asked him for a picture.   I remember thinking at the time "Oh-hoh, what's Alex Samond doing in Bath I wonder".  A week or so later, it became apparent as he'd interviewed Stuart Campbell for his RT show.

Not long after that, he - SC - started dropping coded hints about "If I could tell you what I know about the charges against Alex Salmond" and so it doesn't take a genius to work out where he'd been getting his info from.

Whether he's right about that, or whether he's been spun a line, time will no doubt tell.

To me, I think it's mostly personal and he's got himself into a position where he can't see the wood for the trees and is so convinced he is right that he's started to look for the slightest piece of "evidence" to support his views while ignoring the obvious holes in his arguments - funnily enough, exactly the sort of stuff he used to take the MSM to task for.

He's always come across as thinking that he never got the credit he deserved for 2014, maybe that's true, maybe not, but he does sound very bitter about it.  He has an in-depth hatred of the Greens and RISE types going back to that period which again seems to be based on personal animus.

I also think that he felt let down over the law suit against Kezia Dugdale and that he didn't get support from the wider Yes movement and from high profile SNP politicians.

Whatever the reason, its without doubt that he's a pretty much a busted flush these days.