Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As sure as eggs are eggs the pro-unionist media will cook up, trump up and escalate anything they can into an anti-independence report in a bid to derail the momentum.

And sadly too many idiots all to willing to give them the stuff to report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Both were in the news, Daily Mail etc widely reported the Cornwall.

Your Jackson Carlaws etc don't care about the ones down south, they will use the idiots up here to accuse folk of racism. Why give them ammunition?

Sadly, twats will be twats.

That is what those folk have been and if they truly do support independence then they have had a few days to see the damage their actions have had on the Yes movement. That alone should convince them to bin their rep[eat performance today. I have zero confidence though that it will have any effect on them.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Would this report have been even reported though had No polled say 55% to 60% at the weekend. Definitely not.

Like I said earlier there is a clear pattern which follows positive Yes polls or news. As sure as eggs are eggs the pro-unionist media will cook up, trump up and escalate anything they can into an anti-independence report in a bid to derail the momentum. Sad and demented individuals acting like spoilt brats.

If this is supposedly a 'false flag' unionist ploy in response to the 54% Yes poll, then it's a spectacularly shit one considering most people are actually in agreement with the protesters. :lol:

 

 

closeborder.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sadly, twats will be twats.

That is what those folk have been and if they truly do support independence then they have had a few days to see the damage their actions have had on the Yes movement. That alone should convince them to bin their rep[eat performance today. I have zero confidence though that it will have any effect on them.

No chance, these things have happened before and will happen again.

Heads up their arses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

If this is supposedly a 'false flag' unionist ploy in response to the 54% Yes poll, then it's a spectacularly shit one considering most people are actually in agreement with the protesters. :lol:

 

 

closeborder.jpg

The British union-obsessed media  are not going to pass up such a chance to make this look like a purely anti-English protest which in turn fires up any swaying voters who were No voters but may be thinking otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The British union-obsessed media  are not going to pass up such a chance to make this look like a purely anti-English protest which in turn fires up any swaying voters who were No voters but may be thinking otherwise.

If that were the case then they'd have written explicitly anti-English slogans.... 'English Go Home!' would be my recommendation.

Instead they've highlighted an issue where the vast majority of Scots share their concerns.

Worst 'false flag' ever.

Edited by Dave78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave78 said:

If that were the case then they'd have written explicitly anti-English slogans.... 'English Go Home!' would be my recommendation.

Instead they've highlighted an issue where the vast majority of Scots share their concerns.

Worst 'false flag' ever.

I don't follow you.

The media are only looking for how they can use this news and you just need to look at the BBC's actually giving credence to Oliver Mundell's comments. They don't give a flying fig about what the protesters are protesting against. They are more intent on twisting this into an SNP-/Independence is anti-English-bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the public will see this as anything other than a handful of dafties standing in the rain at the border.

Any impact on support for independence from it will be smaller than a midge's tadger.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't follow you.

The media are only looking for how they can use this news and you just need to look at the BBC's actually giving credence to Oliver Mundell's comments. They don't give a flying fig about what the protesters are protesting against. They are more intent on twisting this into an SNP-/Independence is anti-English-bad.

Apologies, its really King of Paisley i should have been replying to (re the false flag stuff), not yerself :ok:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

If this is supposedly a 'false flag' unionist ploy in response to the 54% Yes poll, then it's a spectacularly shit one considering most people are actually in agreement with the protesters. :lol:

 

 

closeborder.jpg

Aye, a significant amount of folk living north of the border want restrictions on people coming from South of the border. A lot of them are staunch NO voters. A lot of the older ones will be the most vulnerable if they catch the virus. This has nothing to do with independence. It's about people's health and safety. The border between Victoria and NSW has just been closed. Nobody is talking about "Independence for Melbourne". 

And there is nothing racist about it either. Despite what some folk might be trying to tell us.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I don't think the public will see this as anything other than a handful of dafties standing in the rain at the border.

Any impact on support for independence from it will be smaller than a midge's tadger.

 

It is the bigger picture this will be used in though - all independence backers are anti-English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So another cracker today from Mark McLaughlin of the Times who yesterday was well and truly Sturgeoned for asking about whether there would be a commitment to a referendum in the forthcoming manifesto.

Today - "You've said that you won't lift quarantine restrictions on people travelling from Spain.  Does that include the Canary Islands and Ibiza?"

WTF is this - a geography test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aaid said:

So another cracker today from Mark McLaughlin of the Times who yesterday was well and truly Sturgeoned for asking about whether there would be a commitment to a referendum in the forthcoming manifesto.

Today - "You've said that you won't lift quarantine restrictions on people travelling from Spain.  Does that include the Canary Islands and Ibiza?"

WTF is this - a geography test?

To be fair that's a decent clarifying question for loads of folk won't know if Canary Islands are Spanish etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is the bigger picture this will be used in though - all independence backers are anti-English.

Correct and if folk can't see the harm this stuff does then they are part of the problem.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aaid said:

So another cracker today from Mark McLaughlin of the Times who yesterday was well and truly Sturgeoned for asking about whether there would be a commitment to a referendum in the forthcoming manifesto.

Today - "You've said that you won't lift quarantine restrictions on people travelling from Spain.  Does that include the Canary Islands and Ibiza?"

WTF is this - a geography test?

He's a fucking idiot.

Was funny listening to her tear him apart yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phart said:

To be fair that's a decent clarifying question for loads of folk won't know if Canary Islands are Spanish etc.

If he'd phrased it as "Just to clarify, does that include the Canaries and the Balearics" then you'd have a point but that wasn't how he phrased it, it was more an attempt to try and trip her up, which naturally missed the target completely.

Now I know, geography isn't everyone's strong point but surely to fuck anyone going to Mallorca knows its in Spain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the level of cringe about the folk legitimately showing their opinions on the border . To try and reduce the ire of Unionists? That would be impossible. Not provide ammunition? The control of and use of all the UKers media is all the ammunition they need to twist what ever they want . Have people not been keeping up with the disgusting but increasingly predictable dishonesty that must accompany any Tory of any colour uttering.

supporting any hint at independent thinking for the benefit of Scotland let alone actual independence is an assault on UKers as far as they are concerned. Why would one appease folk who are loathe at your very existence? That’s fucking cringe. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I don't think the public will see this as anything other than a handful of dafties standing in the rain at the border.

Any impact on support for independence from it will be smaller than a midge's tadger.

 

This.

Surely, after everything that's happened, is happening and is likely to happen, it'll take more than half a dozen drookit dafties with a badly painted sign to deter anyone seriously contemplating voting for independence.  Anyone who says that daft stunt has made them reconsider probably wasn't all that convinced or in all honesty had no intention of voting Yes in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

This.

Surely, after everything that's happened, is happening and is likely to happen, it'll take more than half a dozen drookit dafties with a badly painted sign to deter anyone seriously contemplating voting for independence.  Anyone who says that daft stunt has made them reconsider probably wasn't all that convinced or in all honesty had no intention of voting Yes in the first place.

No but what it does is just refuel the fire that all SNP/Independent backers are anti-English.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No but what it does is just refuel the fire that all SNP/Independent backers are anti-English.

Thats going to happen anyway, ive already had the anti english shite from someone on another forum. That fire as you put it will burn forever with or without a couple of daft hoors on the border. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Thats going to happen anyway, ive already had the anti english shite from someone on another forum. That fire as you put it will burn forever with or without a couple of daft hoors on the border. 

It will burn more brightly as long as incidents like these go on. Remember that a heck of a lot of English people live in Scotland permanently and will have a vote in any future IndyRef. We should be looking to minimize these incidents and stop giving ammo for free to those opposed to independence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thats going to happen anyway, ive already had the anti english shite from someone on another forum. 

Just quote the latest opinion polls at them, that tends to shut them up.  Worked for me anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It will burn more brightly as long as incidents like these go on. Remember that a heck of a lot of English people live in Scotland permanently and will have a vote in any future IndyRef. We should be looking to minimize these incidents and stop giving ammo for free to those opposed to independence.

I think you are putting too much stock in this. These incidents will happen, you cannot prevent them but you can work around them 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just quote the latest opinion polls at them, that tends to shut them up.  Worked for me anyway.

The guy in question is english and wanted rid of the foreigners so he voted brexit. There is no reasoning or shutting up that type of fuckwit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No but what it does is just refuel the fire that all SNP/Independent backers are anti-English.

👆what he said.

It also acts a distraction.  Jackson Carlaw was on Sunday Politics supposed to be grilled about what he would do different and kept banging on about the border instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I think you are putting too much stock in this. These incidents will happen, you cannot prevent them but you can work around them 

The guy in question is english and wanted rid of the foreigners so he voted brexit. There is no reasoning or shutting up that type of fuckwit

No, but there is great fun to be had though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...