Kirsty Blackman has stood down as deputy SNP leader in the house of commons - citing personal reasons around her family life and mental well being

Typically after the dust settles this is looking a bit dubious

Her advisor seems to be a right walloper and an extreme trans rights activist - which she herself was

Also stories of her spreading rumours about Salmond

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kirsty Blackman has stood down as deputy SNP leader in the house of commons - citing personal reasons around her family life and mental well being

Her advisor seems to be a right walloper and an extreme trans rights activist - which she herself was

This dude?

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

that would tie in,  there is a lot going on in the back ground just now i am led to believe, i am massively intrigued in to how Alec approaches this. Lets not tip toe around this, he built the party up to what it is at the moment, is he going to allow extreme activists turn the party into a joke, press the nuclear button and pull the party down or rejoin and direct it back on course? i know what option i think he will take

we need a "salmondite" as deputy, hendry, macaskill, wishart ,macniel any of them would do for me although the press may have too much on macniel

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

And who exactly are the people spreading these stories about her - those on the extremes of anti-Self-ID side by any chance?

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

I would almost vote for Satan versus my local SNP candidate right now and I am as pro independence as you can get. I am guessing a lot of similar minded people are out there. The SNP have used the independence carrot for so long post 2014 and totally chickened out at every single opportunity. The whole AS scandal is a smouldering bomb at the heart of it amongst many other things. 

I am not going to give these dicks the keys to a newly independent Scotland. I think an increasing number of yes voters are feeling the same.

Pro-indy as you can get, yet you've said in the past you'd vote No in a referendum held by the current SNP administration.

How do you square that circle? 

25 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Care to explain the relevance of this somewhat random tweet.

Just seen the date - from a fucking year ago!

Edited by aaid

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

Care to explain the relevance of this somewhat random tweet.

Just seen the date - from a fucking year ago!

He is an SNP researcher working at Westminster for .................Kirsty Blackman

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

He is an SNP researcher working at Westminster for .................Kirsty Blackman

and we are supposed to know this exactly how?

35 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Pro-indy as you can get, yet you've said in the past you'd vote No in a referendum held by the current SNP administration.

How do you square that circle? 

Agreed and thplinth how are you giving them the keys to a newly independent Scotland without getting behind them to achieve independence exactly? We get your gist you hate the SNP - fine. But you don't grasp that they are the only chance for Scotland getting independence in the political landscape. The rest of the political options are pro-unionist (Scottish Conservatives, Scottish Labour and LibDems) or too small and without clout to get it done (Scottish Greens or SSP). So how exactly are we going to become 'a newly independent Scotland' without getting behind the SNP so they get their mandates?

In any case once Scotland does become independent the political landscape in Scotland will be totally reset and you will be free to vote for whoever you want to govern in a newly independent Scotland.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

and we are supposed to know this exactly how?

Do you not have google ?

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2019-01-08b.329.0

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my hon. Friend Mhairi Black, who was with me in Committee, as well as two members of staff, Jonathan Kiehlmann, who was involved in this, and Scott Taylor, without whose help I could not have gone through the Finance Bill Committee or the stages we are at now. I would like to offer my specific thanks to them

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Do you not have google ?

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2019-01-08b.329.0

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my hon. Friend Mhairi Black, who was with me in Committee, as well as two members of staff, Jonathan Kiehlmann, who was involved in this, and Scott Taylor, without whose help I could not have gone through the Finance Bill Committee or the stages we are at now. I would like to offer my specific thanks to them

Well now I know - so while I have you're interest.  Who exactly are the people who you say are spreading stories about why she's stepped down.

They wouldn't happen to be those on the anti-SelfID zoomer wing of the Yes movement by any chance?

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

Well now I know - so while I have you're interest.  Who exactly are the people who you say are spreading stories about why she's stepped down.

They wouldn't happen to be those on the anti-SelfID zoomer wing of the Yes movement by any chance?

When did ordinary women with genuine concerns become zoomers ?

For the record i have absolutely no dog in the fight with the exception that someone with male genitalia shouldnt be going into women only spaces - unless it's a christmas night out, you are drunk and think it's funny to say you are the toilet inspector 

It's hearsay and innuendo at the moment so it doesn't really matter who highlighted this coincidence 

However with the Salmond trial coming up and the FM giving evidence - there is no smoke without fire as they say 

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

not sure of the context of his question but I’d imagine men, women and trans people can all suffer similar rape related PTSD

I dont' believe the current SNP leadership will ever achieve independence. i don't think they even want it.

So fuck voting for them for a pipe dream of independence when in fact what you really get is endless identity politics shite.

The SNP get to demonize huge YES supporters because they wont buy into their odious woke crap but we are all supposed to stay loyal to them... oh okay.... and while they fiddle away every opportunity while focusing on tedious divisive bullshit.

The SNP was not a vehicle for all of NS's political hobby horses but that is what she has turned it into. People should be outraged at what she has done to the SNP. She was the custodian of a movement.

Just see the post above... "When did ordinary women with genuine concerns become zoomers ?".

The moment they disagreed with the current SNP is when.

This is all they do - ad hominem after ad hominem.

And you want me to put these arseholes into power in a newly independent Scotland. Fuck them. They are odious authoritarian wanks.

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When did ordinary women with genuine concerns become zoomers ?

For the record i have absolutely no dog in the fight with the exception that someone with male genitalia shouldnt be going into women only spaces - unless it's a christmas night out, you are drunk and think it's funny to say you are the toilet inspector 

It's hearsay and innuendo at the moment so it doesn't really matter who highlighted this coincidence 

However with the Salmond trial coming up and the FM giving evidence - there is no smoke without fire as they say 

Nor do I, however, I see extremely nasty people on both sides of the argument doing great damage - and on both sides - they tend not to be those who are most impacted by the proposed changes, ie. trans-people themselves and women, which kind of leaves you with men.

It is important though, who is responsible for spreading rumour and innuendo as it allows you to make your own mind up on whether there is indeed any fire there, or it's someone with smoke canister trying to make it look like there is.

Who's being tried in this new "Salmond trial" then?    If you mean the Holyrood inquiry that will kick off in August then that will be hugely important, I'm not sure how though, given some of the legal niceties, I imagine that a lot of the evidence will be "in camera" and the final report might end up be heavily redacted.   Still, I'm sure Craig Murray will be there to give us the truth, if he's not in the jail that is.

It should clear up what exactly has happened but I doubt that for a lot of people it won't be good enough whatever the conclusions.

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm Anti-self ID in sport as the rules stand. Should have a read at that for a concise science based argument in my favour. Obviously it's not directly related to this debate but everytime i see the lumping together of all arguments Anti-self ID I feel the need to clarify why I feel what I do in the context that I do.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1277522426398674944.html

I've been following Tucker for ages my old Lance Armstrong posts feature him heavily as well.

58 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Agreed and thplinth how are you giving them the keys to a newly independent Scotland without getting behind them to achieve independence exactly? We get your gist you hate the SNP - fine. But you don't grasp that they are the only chance for Scotland getting independence in the political landscape. The rest of the political options are pro-unionist (Scottish Conservatives, Scottish Labour and LibDems) or too small and without clout to get it done (Scottish Greens or SSP). So how exactly are we going to become 'a newly independent Scotland' without getting behind the SNP so they get their mandates?

In any case once Scotland does become independent the political landscape in Scotland will be totally reset and you will be free to vote for whoever you want to govern in a newly independent Scotland.

Thats it in a nut shell. 

The SNP have always been nothing more than a meas to an end for me. Give the keys to the SNP start a fresh independent country or leave the keys with Bojo and his pals or whoever England votes for at the next election, its a no brainer for me

• Upvote 1

It’s naive I think to expect an independent Scotland to offer anything drastically different in terms of outcomes in your own life.

Be worth it for the month long party though 🥳 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm Anti-self ID in sport as the rules stand. Should have a read at that for a concise science based argument in my favour. Obviously it's not directly related to this debate but everytime i see the lumping together of all arguments Anti-self ID I feel the need to clarify why I feel what I do in the context that I do.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1277522426398674944.html

I've been following Tucker for ages my old Lance Armstrong posts feature him heavily as well.

I can see both sides of the arguments around Self-ID, the problems that trans-people have with the current process and the also the loopholes that there will inevitably be and that will be exploited - largely by men - for whatever advantage they seek and why that is a problem for women.

I'm glad I'm not the one who has to square the circle but to me its a classic case of not being able to please all the people all of the time and find some sort of compromise position which all parties can live with.   I don't see how that is possible though given the screaming and shouting from bad actors on both sides.    Maybe if all the men just ducked out it might help matters.

Edit - I think Sport is one area that the "Trans-community" will have to accept will be restricted, the physical advantages are so obvious, may as well just stop mens and womens sports entirely, which will inevitably mean there's only men's sports remaining.

Edited by aaid

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I dont' believe the current SNP leadership will ever achieve independence. i don't think they even want it.

So fuck voting for them for a pipe dream of independence when in fact what you really get is endless identity politics shite.

The SNP get to demonize huge YES supporters because they wont buy into their odious woke crap but we are all supposed to stay loyal to them... oh okay.... and while they fiddle away every opportunity while focusing on tedious divisive bullshit.

The SNP was not a vehicle for all of NS's political hobby horses but that is what she has turned it into. People should be outraged at what she has done to the SNP. She was the custodian of a movement.

Just see the post above... "When did ordinary women with genuine concerns become zoomers ?".

The moment they disagreed with the current SNP is when.

This is all they do - ad hominem after ad hominem.

And you want me to put these arseholes into power in a newly independent Scotland. Fuck them. They are odious authoritarian wanks.

Well you can say tatty-bye to ever seeing an independent Scotland then. Unless you see another route wherein no political party has a say in it?

The SNP post 2014 and pre 2014 are really like two different parties.

Post 2014 SNP has enjoyed huge voter support nearly continuously, 55 out of 58 seats or whatever it was a one point. It dipped briefly when Nicola made an arse of it but it partially recovered and is what now 45 out 58 in Westminster. These are massive majorities that the pre 2014 SNP never had (from memory). So how much more support is needed to' get independence'. Do the post 2014 SNP have to win every seat possible. If they are so powerless with the current huge levels of support what will a few more seats achieve...

With the lure of independence tomorrow (that never comes) we gave the post 2014 SNP a political monopoly (for the last 6 years now). And like all monopolies go eventually, it is now becoming very unhealthy. The SNP need political competition and the Tories, Labour, Libs are all M.I.A.. So it will have to be a second pro YES party for me or a complete clear out in the SNP leadership but even then I'd prefer a second YES party. It is just healthier.

Independence is not a one off event. It is just the start and it could easily be seen as a failure if not handled well especially in the crucial first 5-10 formative years. I'd rather park independence until I know the folk in charge post YES are not going to be complete dickheads. So if it does not happen in my lifetime so be it. Scotland ain't going anywhere.

Edited by thplinth

NS was the custodian of the Independence movement.

Do folk think it is just a coincidence that the SNP are now doing all the woke crap that she believes in.

We gave NS huge support continuously for 6+ years to go out and move us towards independence and instead she is happily treading water and using the political monopoly we gave her to implement all the woke bullshit she believed in personally. It is beyond belief quite honestly and that is before you get what they did to AS...

And this is the person you think is going to get you independence.

You are dreaming.