3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who the fuck wrote that? Robert Louis Stevenson?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Who the fuck wrote that? Robert Louis Stevenson?

Martin Hannan (a friend of Eck's drafted in when the charges first materialised) in the National

11 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Ally, who wrote that piece about Eck? 

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Martin Hannan (a friend of Eck's drafted in when the charges first materialised) in the National

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, aaid said:

Unless he goes down the Self-ID route he won't be standing in Banff and Buchan for the SNP, that's for sure.

All women shortlist remember. 

FFS... says it all. 

5 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

🤣🤣

Glad to see someone got the reference.

At the end of the day how Salmond plays this will tell us who he has an axe to grind with. 

I mean I cannot see why Salmond would want to run as an SNP candidate if he feels Sturgeon (leader of the SNP) tried setting him up on rape charges. I mean come on that would be plain daft having an axe to grind with someone you'd need to take/follow orders from who you once were the boss of. Just no.

He will stand as an independent. That would cause more damage (potentially) to those that set him up if it is Sturgeon et al that did that.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

At the end of the day how Salmond plays this will tell us who he has an axe to grind with. 

I mean I cannot see why Salmond would want to run as an SNP candidate if he feels Sturgeon (leader of the SNP) tried setting him up on rape charges. I mean come on that would be plain daft having an axe to grind with someone you'd need to take/follow orders from who you once were the boss of. Just no.

He will stand as an independent. That would cause more damage (potentially) to those that set him up if it is Sturgeon et al that did that.

Good point. It's a shame all of this is now in suspended animation. I'm keen to see Salmond's next moves.

Unionists will be reaching for the popcorn, but this needs to be done.

I can't see Salmond rejoining the SNP. A moderate/centre-left list party with a few high profile candidates in constituencies separate of the SNP.

People talked about him being 'smug' and a person who divides opinion  in the past, but he's if not the sole/but a huge reason the SNP are. If he starts a party or joins one, they will attract voters and no doubt sitting SNP MPs to join. I have no idea if he wants to do that, and I was scepitcal of the success of a Wings Party but if a new Salmond party would surely poll at least 5% to win list seats.

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Interesting piece from an experienced reporter who was in court every day.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/03/25/the-trial-of-alex-salmond-what-only-the-jury-knows/

Interesting maybe but not as realistic as this

http://archive.is/aDdVn

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Interesting maybe but not as realistic as this

http://archive.is/aDdVn

Yes - there is little in that which I disagree with.   The difference though is that James Doleman is one of a small number of people who heard all the evidence.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Yes - there is little in that which I disagree with.   The difference though is that James Doleman is one of a small number of people who heard all the evidence.

What you have to weigh up is whether his views are tempered to appease certain groups on twatter

McWhirter's certainly arent

The majority of the jury were women - they heard all the evidence too

People should really be waiting for the enquiry where all the details denied by the Court see the light of day rather than surmising that they lied/he lied

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, phart said:

When did Gordon Jackson admit that Salmonds behaviour to a succesion of young woman had been inappropriate is there a quote for that?

In his summing up.

The lawyer said he apologised for calling the other charges “trivial”, but that they were incidents no one had thought anything about at the time, quoting one woman who had said in her evidence: “We just excused it because that how he was”. “Yet now, hey presto, it’s a crime,” Jackson said.

“This is a victims world we’re in, this is the modern day,” he added. “It’s all revisionism,” he said about another charge. “He could be inappropriate, he could be a bugger to work for,” Jackson said, but that was not the issue the jury had to consider.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/03/20/the-trial-of-alex-salmond-marmite-man-inappropriate-but-not-criminal-jury-told/

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm sure Jackson said Inappropriate about the clothed incident (the one charge in that quote) i'm talking about him saying it in context of " behaviour to a succesion of young woman " not one charge.

It doesn't exist as far as i'm aware.

Edited by phart

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

What you have to weigh up is whether his views are tempered to appease certain groups on twatter

The majority of the jury were women - they heard all the evidence too

People should really be waiting for the enquiry where all the details denied by the Court see the light of day rather than surmising that they lied/he lied

Unless you mean his fellow Celtic fans, I don't see who he'd be trying to appease.   Sounds pretty balanced to me.

Funnily enough - just as all men don't think the same way, neither do all women.

As it currently stands the parliamentary inquiry won't cover any of this as its limited to the initial Scottish Government disciplinary investigation.   It's clear from the evidence in court that a lot of the complainers only came forwards after the story broke in the Daily Record, which was well after that.   The DR story was about the fact there *had* been an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct.

Unless that inquiry has its terms of reference expanded - unlikely I'd think - then they won't cover anything else.

That's not to say that it won't come out in other ways though.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm sure Jackson said Inappropriate about the clothed incident (the one charge in that quote) i'm talking about him saying it in context of " behaviour to a succesion of young woman " not one charge.

It doesn't exist as far as i'm aware.

@jamesdoleman on Twitter - ping him a tweet and tell him you don't agree with him.

Let us know what he says.

49 minutes ago, aaid said:

@jamesdoleman on Twitter - ping him a tweet and tell him you don't agree with him.

Let us know what he says.

I'm not on twitter.

I'm just pointing out you can't find the quote anywhere if i were in the habit of tweeting every incorrect journalist then i would need a time dilation to do so.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm not on twitter.

I'm just pointing out you can't find the quote anywhere if i were in the habit of tweeting every incorrect journalist then i would need a time dilation to do so.

From earlier in the trial.

It was heard Mr Birt was aware of issues with Salmond but he did not trust procedures that were in place to handle them properly.

Gordon Jackson QC, representing Salmond, said his client could be inappropriate and this came “with the territory” of the position, which Mr Birt agreed with.

Mr Jackson put it to the witness there had never been “any thought” about contacting police.

The 37-year-old responded: “The culture built up over a number of years.

“None of the women felt like they wanted to complain, we felt in a very difficult position where it was difficult for us to do anything further because the civil service had allowed this to build up over time.”

He added: “Frankly, I can’t speak for the women but I can speak for myself.

“I would not have trusted the civil service procedures at that time to be able to handle such sensitive issues.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/03/16/civil-servant-did-not-trust-complaints-procedure-to-deal-with-salmond-jury-told/

Another account of this piece of evidence. 

Mr Jackson put it to the witness: "This inappropriate behaviour had become part of the culture sadly, but that's just what happened?"

Mr Birt replied: "Yes, sadly".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51908343

More from the summing up 

Mr Jackson accepted Mr Salmond could be inappropriate, adding “so what”.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/key-moments-in-alex-salmond-trial/

I could go on.   

Get independence. Tell Prince big ears to fuck right off out our country, and the rest of England can go and fuck themselves.. I am so sick and tired of this. Aye, and Boris Johnston can have a guid fuck tae himself anaw....  Alba Gu Brath❤❤❤❤❤      Fuck them... 🖕🖕🖕

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

"a succession of young women."

the evidence is from Birt here is a quote missed out "Chris Birt, a Scottish government civil servant, said new rotas were drawn up after two female colleagues"

also please do go on.

Edited by phart

5 minutes ago, phart said:

a succesion of young women.

You're the person who put the quotation marks around that exact phrase - no one else did.