Indyref 2 related, probably not.

Ive just been reading the Tories and Lib Dems response to the Queensferry crossing being closed, honest to fuck, give me a break, these unionist cunts really should GTF, bridge closed due to terrible weather, and its an SNP bad story, really. How can anyone with self respect vote for these fuckers?

The wall to wall coverage of the Queensferry Crossing closure on BBC Scotland and in the press is (almost) beyond belief.  How exactly do these pig ignorant yoon clowns want the SG to stop ice forming on the cables?  The same problem has occurred on the Oresund Bridge; the Humber, Severn, Tay, Dartford and a few others have also been closed for various reason related to the weather, but hey, because it's been built under budget and on time under an SNP government it's all guns blazing from the BBC and the press in an attempt to score political points - the Herald headline today is particularly deranged.  Alex Cole-Hamilton and Turdo Fraser should be asked to explain, in great detail, what they would have done differently.  Maybe fit heating elements to the cables? Spray the cables with ethylene glycol?  Come on Murdo, tell us.  And also explain how Boris Johnson's 20 mile long bridge to the 17th century will never be closed due to weather.

28 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The wall to wall coverage of the Queensferry Crossing closure on BBC Scotland and in the press is (almost) beyond belief.  How exactly do these pig ignorant yoon clowns want the SG to stop ice forming on the cables?  The same problem has occurred on the Oresund Bridge; the Humber, Severn, Tay, Dartford and a few others have also been closed for various reason related to the weather, but hey, because it's been built under budget and on time under an SNP government it's all guns blazing from the BBC and the press in an attempt to score political points - the Herald headline today is particularly deranged.  Alex Cole-Hamilton and Turdo Fraser should be asked to explain, in great detail, what they would have done differently.  Maybe fit heating elements to the cables? Spray the cables with ethylene glycol?  Come on Murdo, tell us.  And also explain how Boris Johnson's 20 mile long bridge to the 17th century will never be closed due to weather.

The major bone of contention seems to be that they were supposed to have said last year that sensors would be fitted due to a similar scenario which led to a lane being closed.   However, that's being spun in such a way that not doing this work is responsible for the bridge being closed - as if some how these sensors would keep the bridge open.    Even I know that's total bollocks and in fact it would probably have closed the bridge earlier, which might have been no bad thing if safety was compromised. 

This is just symptomatic of how poor journalism - across the piece has become.  Wings - when he used to talk sense - describes these as "some arsehole said" stories.  Someone with no expertise makes some statement that's either demonstrably false at worst or a misrepresentation of the facts at best.  This is then reported verbatim without any comment or analysis.  Whoever is on the other side of this then has to comment that it's obviously a loads of bollocks but the net impact is that it fixes in people's minds that there's something in it.

I see that the twice failed former used car salesman Jackson Carlaw has just got off to a brilliant (not) start as North British Tory leader by branding the SNP a religious cult.

Is this the best the Tories have got ?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I see that the twice failed former used car salesman Jackson Carlaw has just got off to a brilliant (not) start as North British Tory leader by branding the SNP a religious cult.

#snpcommandments trending tonight

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I always wondered what happened to KIMBA.

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

Rumours rumbling in the press that Scottish Tories are in favour of an IndyRef2 and also talk that a group called Labour for Independence has been reformed following Labour's disastrous showing in the GE.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Rumours rumbling in the press that Scottish Tories are in favour of an IndyRef2 and also talk that a group called Labour for Independence has been reformed following Labour's disastrous showing in the GE.

Where are you hearing this, Craig?

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Labour for Independence have been continuously posting on Facebook 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If they were smart they would call it now, its their chance to kill it off, they would win if it were held in the next 6 months 

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

If they were smart they would call it now, its their chance to kill it off, they would win if it were held in the next 6 months 

I agree it would be their chance to call it now especially before Brexit effect takes its toll.

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think it would be very close. Closer than last time, either way. I think Nicola will be hoping they don't call her bluff but she will be up for the fight if it happens. 

I'm not sure we should concern ourselves too much about what the Scottish Tories think. They probably don't have any more influence over Boris than you or me.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure we should concern ourselves too much about what the Scottish Tories think. They probably don't have any more influence over Boris than you or me.

Oh of course but every iota of pro-independence or indyref2 support is extra ammo for the cause and increases the pressure leaving Westminster increasingly isolated in its stance.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What do you mean by that?

“Labour for Independence is a political organisation for Scottish Labour supporters and other believers in social justice who believe that Scottish independence will lead to a fairer society“

If they really wanted independence they’d just join the SNP.

Labour will never back an independent Scotland.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think it would be very close. Closer than last time, either way. I think Nicola will be hoping they don't call her bluff but she will be up for the fight if it happens. 

I agree with that however  I think Alex Salmond’s trial would be an unwanted distraction , would be like manna from heaven for unionists.
I cant see it swaying Yes voters away but it would be a challenge trying to convert undecided voters with that pantomime going on.   

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I agree with that however  I think Alex Salmond’s trial would be an unwanted distraction , would be like manna from heaven for unionists.
I cant see it swaying Yes voters away but it would be a challenge trying to convert undecided voters with that pantomime going on.   

His trial will be over before the end of May. There won't be any referendum before that.

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

“Labour for Independence is a political organisation for Scottish Labour supporters and other believers in social justice who believe that Scottish independence will lead to a fairer society“

If they really wanted independence they’d just join the SNP.

Labour will never back an independent Scotland.

I can see where you are coming from however it is possible to have more than one party supporting social justice. Lots of people support independence but dont like the SNP.

I actually think it is very healthy and pretty brave to be going against your party’s stance on a subject. 

Just now, Orraloon said:

His trial will be over before the end of May. There won't be any referendum before that.

The timescale ‘ within the next 6 months’ was mentioned by HL, that is what I was referring to.   We would be trying to convince people whilst the trial was going on. That would be a challenge IMO.  

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I can see where you are coming from however it is possible to have more than one party supporting social justice. Lots of people support independence but dont like the SNP.

I actually think it is very healthy and pretty brave to be going against your party’s stance on a subject. 

Of course but they aren’t a party.

”SNP for the union”

Edited by ParisInAKilt

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Of course but they aren’t a party.

”SNP for the union”

But they aren't trying to be a separate party are they, they are just a section of Labour who disagree with one of their party’s stances.

Its a bit like ‘SNP for Brexit’. Ok I know there wasnt an actual section titled that, but there are people in the SNP who voted for Brexit.