10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That apathy and disatisfaction is not goingvto fade away anytime soon given that Brexit is being drawn out. That is two good results for the SNP in the last few weeks and backs up polls that suggest the SNP are to increase their seats at the next GE to around 45 seats.

I agree, and it is possible the SNP would do well in a general election should one be called. But I think their success would be due to unionist voters staying away from the ballot box, or voting for an independence party or perhaps lib dem as a protest vote. 

If it came to Indyref2 they would shite it and revert to type. I do not think there is enough of a swing towards independence at the moment and tbh I don't think even Brexit dragging on will change it much. People will just become used to it .

The SNP need to be very careful not to confuse polls showing an increase in their support with an increase in support for independence.  

I hope I am wrong. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, TDYER63 said:

I agree, and it is possible the SNP would do well in a general election should one be called. But I think their success would be due to unionist voters staying away from the ballot box, or voting for an independence party or perhaps lib dem as a protest vote. 

If it came to Indyref2 they would shite it and revert to type. I do not think there is enough of a swing towards independence at the moment and tbh I don't think even Brexit dragging on will change it much. People will just become used to it .

The SNP need to be very careful not to confuse polls showing an increase in their support with an increase in support for independence.  

I hope I am wrong. 

Oh dont get me wrong I am not confusing GE sucess for incteased Indy support. First things first. However, the stronger the result at a GE then the stronger the hand they have in pressing for Indyref2. Also lets remember that not all Yes voters are SNP voters. I still maintain that Yes could probably guarantee 35% right now at another indyref. It is a matter of convincing the don't knows. This time around I see that as a more do-able task than 2014 given as to what has happened since then.

3 minutes ago, exile said:

Fuck sake

You would think politically aware "celebrities" would not come out with this kind of shit

Even if she wasnt politically aware does she not remember the last time the carrot of an SNP/Labour pact to form a government was wangled at the English electorate ?

Even withstanding that, as i have said many times before, Labour are even more Unionist and Establishment than the Tories

Labour and Conservative swapping power every 8-12 years is like the film Snowpiercer

Ralph Miliband exposed this yonks ago