14 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

But what will he be remembered for?

For taking the SNP from being a minority party to THE mainstream party in Scotland. For making the SNP the established party of government in Scotland.

For giving Scots (not all) the extra confidence to believe that we deserve to exist in our own right on the international stage. For changing people's perception of Scotland the world over.

For putting into motion the process that will eventually lead to Scotland's independence.

And for pissing off hate-filled, ranting, snivelling, dogarsed breath, cap-doffing, uncle McTom Unionist loving arseholes everywhere.**

Not a bad political legacy..... :ok:

**I'm not referring to any individual on here.

Edited by Rossy

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

A damn sight more than you or I.

Can't argue with that.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I think she has totally contradicted herself all weekend.  I will admit I probably haven't seen everything she has said, but what I have seen she has, during the same conversation said that in regards to brexit she is certain a, b, c, d and e is bad, however reference indyref2 we are in uncharted water.  

Tbh having watched a couple of interviews with her yesterday she was pretty clear we are in uncharted water on all post-Brexit issues.

The talk of SLAB balloting members on what position to take on IndyRef is starting to take speed now.  IF it comes to be, and it probably is a big if at the moment.  I'd back the party to argue for independence.  A future Independence debate needs a Labour vision for Independence.  A fairer vision.

5 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

The talk of SLAB balloting members on what position to take on IndyRef is starting to take speed now.  IF it comes to be, and it probably is a big if at the moment.  I'd back the party to argue for independence.  A future Independence debate needs a Labour vision for Independence.  A fairer vision.

I'd agree with most of that.  The last bit about a fairer vision is subjective.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Tbh having watched a couple of interviews with her yesterday she was pretty clear we are in uncharted water on all post-Brexit issues.

That was my impression. What I saw her say is that we're in uncharted waters with regards to Brexit and it was her job to ensure that the best interests of Scotland were looked after.

She didn't commit to another Indy Ref but said that in the event that Independence would serve Scotland's needs better than remaining in the UK post Brexit then she wouldn't be doing her job if she didn't pursue it. As far as I remember she didn't say that it definitely would just that if it did, we should pursue it.

I can't see anything wrong with what she's said really.

Edited to add; I only saw one interview, so she may have said something different on another programme.

Edited by Lion Rampant

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

For taking the SNP from being a minority party to THE mainstream party in Scotland. For making the SNP the established party of government in Scotland.

For giving Scots (not all) the extra confidence to believe that we deserve to exist in our own right on the international stage. For changing people's perception of Scotland the world over.

For putting into motion the process that will eventually lead to Scotland's independence.

And for pissing off hate-filled, ranting, snivelling, dogarsed breath, cap-doffing, uncle McTom Unionist loving arseholes everywhere.**

Amen!!

5 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

A Labour vision... Not New Labour.

Which is now old new Labour... It's all very confusing.

56 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Agreed.

It would be great to have cross-party support for independence moving towards IndyRef 2 

3 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Founded by Scotsmen.

Laundered cash for all and sundry HSBC, biggest fine ever.

33 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Edited to add; I only saw one interview, so she may have said something different on another programme.

She was consistent across all interviews.

It's almost universally accepted (by what i've seen) that out of the main parties Sturgeon (apart from the prescience of Nick Clegg's piece on Wednesday) has been the only one who actually has a clue. Let alone a plan.

The fact everyone has basically washed their hands of it and ran off to resign. I'd never vote for any of these quitters again. They walked off when it got hardest.

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

The power of nationalism.  Exclude the top line and you need some small tweaks and it could be written by a UKIP nationalist living in the Costa Del Sol.  A man who has not contributed to Scotland for decades.  Chose to work in another country.  Pay tax in another country.  Educate children in another country.  Has a few city breaks back to the old country and yearns for something so much he keeps living in another country.  Accusing others who question his demands and rants.  A true example of integration.  A nationalist.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

It's almost universally accepted (by what i've seen) that out of the main parties Sturgeon (apart from the prescience of Nick Clegg's piece on Wednesday) has been the only one who actually has a clue. Let alone a plan.

The fact everyone has basically washed their hands of it and ran off to resign. I'd never vote for any of these quitters again. They walked off when it got hardest.

Douglas Carswell has just been on BBC news saying that there is a plan and that Vote Leave have always had a plan, it's contained in the small print of what they were saying and it's not their fault that the media didn't scrutinise that.  Funnily enough they didn't ask him what the plan is but I suspect it's going to be some distance from the impression they were creating. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Douglas Carswell has just been on BBC news saying that there is a plan and that Vote Leave have always had a plan, it's contained in the small print of what they were saying and it's not their fault that the media didn't scrutinise that.  Funnily enough they didn't ask him what the plan is but I suspect it's going to be some distance from the impression they were creating. 

The small print? Someone should just put the fecker in the stocks for that pish. Too many lawyers as politicians..small print... you didn't read it... sorry...

Mental.

Think how much the media hounded the SNP about their Plan B during IndyRef - never even hinted at a Plan A from the Leave crowd. 

From Phart

This ^ 

She's a clever little soul, and is gaining ground internationally - she just makes sense, to Little England, and everyone else. She will navigate a path, she is an astute lass. 

Edited by HUNTINGMcGREGOR

9 minutes ago, McDange said:

Think how much the media hounded the SNP about their Plan B during IndyRef - never even hinted at a Plan A from the Leave crowd.

Liked Salmond's comment on QT that Cameron was relying on the gutter press to communicate the Project Fear message like in 2014, but this time around the sewers were pointing in a different direction...

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

But what will he be remembered for?

its quite clear that at the moment there is hardly any other politician that can better Salmond in almost any discussion. Like him or loathe him, that in itself will ensure he is remembered by a great many people.

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

its quite clear that at the moment there is hardly any other politician that can better Salmond in almost any discussion. Like him or loathe him, that in itself will ensure he is remembered by a great many people.

Darling smashed him in debate one if I remember rightly...