3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You had a pop at me for making up my mind already when you are the one who clearly has. And take your tin pot conspiracy accusations and shove them up your arse.

You actually seem angry that people are defending Salmond.

is it me you're talking to here?  a quote would be good if it is.

i haven't made my mind up at all and aaid sums up exactly my thoughts too, if it is me you mean.

definitely not angry.  I even contributed to the man's fund.   I'm deeply sad about it.

Thank fuck somebody from the SNP got up and said this

It's been needed

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's been needed

That young lady is more of a 'leader' for the independence movement than our current FM.

edit: why was it needed? why is this shit not getting said every day?

Edited by thplinth

48 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's been needed

The only disappointment was that there was not a full house to hear this statement from Mhairi. IMO this young lady has a great future as a politician. A leader in the making.

33 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

The only disappointment was that there was not a full house to hear this statement from Mhairi. IMO this young lady has a great future as a politician. A leader in the making.

I remember just after the indy ref 2014 i wrote her off on here, how wrong i was. A bit to left for my liking but a force all the same 

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I remember just after the indy ref 2014 i wrote her off on here, how wrong i was. A bit to left for my liking but a force all the same 

She won't be to everyone's taste. I enjoy listening to her because she comes across as someone who speaks from the heart and not full of bullshit.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

That young lady is more of a 'leader' for the independence movement than our current FM.

edit: why was it needed? why is this shit not getting said every day?

It is a very fine line to tread. If they were saying it every day then it adds fuel to the unionist parties claims that all the SNP are on about and interested in is Independence. They used this tactic in the last GE and it won over enough voters to pinch a number of seats. 

On 1/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ally Bongo said:

The anti SNP agenda from the MSM is stepping up a gear

Today we had a co-ordinated attack on Scotrail by Unionist MSPs gladly abetted by the BBC and STV et

Scotrail is an utter utter shambles.

40 year old refurbished trains marked as new inter city.

Glasgow Edinburgh line planned for 30 mins changed to 42 mins. After all that £ and time the duration will still be slower than 1970's.

Delays, cancellations, train delays, lack of train staff.  The recent compensation is free travel for a +1 at the weekend.  Who wants that? 

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

Glasgow Edinburgh line planned for 30 mins changed to 42 mins. After all that £ and time the duration will still be slower than 1970's.

Delays, cancellations, train delays, lack of train staff.  The recent compensation is free travel for a +1 at the weekend.  Who wants that? 

And Westminster are doing even worse running their train franchises. South Western Trains on permanent seeming strikes that have been on-going for over two years bringing their trains to a standstill. CrossRail completion delayed again and again. Chaos over HS2. On-going strikes and disquiet on the Northern franchise and another 3.something fares increase implemented. 

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And Westminster are doing even worse running their train franchises. South Western Trains on permanent seeming strikes that have been on-going for over two years bringing their trains to a standstill. CrossRail completion delayed again and again. Chaos over HS2. On-going strikes and disquiet on the Northern franchise and another 3.something fares increase implemented. 

Plus cross rail going well over budget. 

Now there’s a surprise eh. 

1 hour ago, Alan said:

1 - It isnt an "utter shambles"

2 - Clearing up Decades of Unionist lack of ambition and making massive changes and improvements throughout Scotland doesnt happen overnight

3 - Delays and cancellations are not all down to Scotrail - Network Rail runs the tracks

4 - Uncle Tam

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Seriously, Scotrail is a well run modern railway, above average, have you read how and why? 

I mean in the railway press, not the daily express. 

Edited by exile
  • Upvote 2

No doubt Alan won't be back to defend his point because he can't. Looking on the Network Rail site there are at least six other TOC's that have a worse customer satisfaction rating than Scot Rail. Tut tut tut Westminster and remember that is a unit with over 300+ years experience of running a country whereas the SNP government has not quite had 10 years. 

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No doubt Alan won't be back to defend his point because he can't. Looking on the Network Rail site there are at least six other TOC's that have a worse customer satisfaction rating than Scot Rail. Tut tut tut Westminster and remember that is a unit with over 300+ years experience of running a country whereas the SNP government has not quite had 10 years. 

I've read positive stories about Scotrail from politically neutral UK railway people seeing Scotrail as a model. The gist being 40 year old HSTs are perceived as good business, technically they are some ways more robust than some new trains apparently, and in any case Scotrail also have plenty of new trains. It doesn't matter though, if you have a political agenda you can cherry pick facts about this line or that service to suit your needs, all day long. From some points of view the Edinburgh Glasgow service is the best ever - the service could be faster by cutting out stops but then that would disadvantage people -  imagine the furore if Sturgeon tried to prevent the good people of Polmont and Linlithgow getting aboard the trains - you can always try to find something to complain about, and then somehow blame that on a particular political party.

It's laughable in a way, though, that someone would think it worth complaining about a particular class of diesel rolling stock or a service stopping pattern in order to influence people's minds on the independence of your country. 

Edited by exile
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, exile said:

I've read positive stories about Scotrail from politically neutral UK railway people seeing Scotrail as a model. The gist being 40 year old HSTs are perceived as good business, technically they are some ways more robust than some new trains apparently, and in any case Scotrail also have plenty of new trains. It doesn't matter though, if you have a political agenda you can cherry pick facts about this line or that service to suit your needs, all day long. From some points of view the Edinburgh Glasgow service is the best ever - the service could be faster by cutting out stops but then that would disadvantage people -  imagine the furore if Sturgeon tried to prevent the good people of Polmont and Linlithgow getting aboard the trains - you can always try to find something to complain about, and then somehow blame that on a particular political party.

It's laughable in a way, though, that someone would think it worth complaining about a particular class of diesel rolling stock or a service stopping pattern in order to influence people's minds on the independence of your country. 

Completely agree Exile. I can only use personal experience but where i work colleagues come from Bathgate, Ayrshire, Clydebank, Loch Lomond, Bearsden, Coatbridge. They are using different lines and  it is very rare for anyone to be late due to trains running late or cancellations. I am not saying there are none, but folk are so impatient these days they will moan about anything. 

They could of course do with finding the culprit who keeps leaving dirty hankies on their seats. 

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Purely anecdotal but never had a problem using Scotrail 

I don't rely on them for work or use them every week, but exactly the same experience as you - whilst the trains are a bit foosty, I've never had an issue.

42 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

They could of course do with finding the culprit who keeps leaving dirty hankies on their seats. 

My money would be on a clearly disgruntled Alan. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

And the blaming the SNP for the litter on the trains. 

23 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

😁

They are made of cheap paper, not silk pocket squares. 

I use Scotrail 6 days a week.  It's shite.  Expensive. Delayed.  Damages the economy.  It's hard to atttract staff from Edinburgh to Glasgow and vice versa due to time, cost, delays and congestion on trains and cars.  

I don't care about performance in England.  You need need to get over your English obsession.  I don't care if aaid suffers in his daily commute into the city.

Any complaint about anything in Scotland SNP supporters see it as an attack on them.  Nationalism creates mediocrity. 

7 minutes ago, Alan said:

I use Scotrail 6 days a week.  It's shite.  Expensive. Delayed.  Damages the economy.  It's hard to atttract staff from Edinburgh to Glasgow and vice versa due to time, cost, delays and congestion on trains and cars.  

I don't care about performance in England.  You need need to get over your English obsession.  I don't care if aaid suffers in his daily commute into the city.

Any complaint about anything in Scotland SNP supporters see it as an attack on them.  Nationalism creates mediocrity. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by antidote

12 minutes ago, Alan said:

If it's nothing to do with attacking the Scottish government, why are you posting about trains on an independence thread?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Alan said:

If you think it is expensive then blame Westminster. They are the ones that order the price hike at the start of every year. If it is shite it is less shite than other TOC's across the rail network so if you are thinking this is an easy chance for a pop at the SNP government then look to those above the SNP government who tie their hands in the first place with handicaps such as privatisation (the Tory dream), Network Rail (in control of engineering works that cause much of the delays), price hikes (Westminster-imposed) and Tory policies which are causing strikes across the rail network. Those being trying to cut staff levels and wages by imposing ludicrous bid to make trains driver-only operated leaving trains unstaffed and open to terrorism, vandalism, crimes and disabled passengers at a terrible disadvantage with nobody to help them off at stations.

55 minutes ago, Alan said:

Unionism creates...................finish the sentence please.