Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A number of people who went to school with Ross Thomson have popped up on twitter and facebook sharing stories of what a charming, bright young gentleman he was back then. They said he was a fierce bully.

Much like is equally vile colleague Douglas Ross then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

 

It was Churchill's grandson, Nicholas Soames, who apparently made the outburst. Tork kunts.

He's probably a racist bigot like his grandfather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Much like is equally vile colleague Douglas Ross then.

And that smug fucker Stephen Kerr (Stirling) who once deliberately outed a young gay lad at his church completely against the lad's will. Kerr knew what he was doing alright. A truly disgusting individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

And that smug fucker Stephen Kerr (Stirling) who once deliberately outed a young gay lad at his church completely against the lad's will. Kerr knew what he was doing alright. A truly disgusting individual.

I get how people have different political outlooks but how can anyone vote for that shit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, January 06, 2019 at 2:00 PM, Alibi said:

That really is blatant smearing by the Herald.  The implication of that picture is clear. Disgraceful.

Aye, read the article, no mention of the SNP or Scottish government, the only politicians quoted were Jackson Carlaw and Christine Jardine.

Outrageous to use that photo for the front page with the association that it brings. I think the SNP would be within their rights to demand an apology. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The anti SNP agenda from the MSM is stepping up a gear

Today we had a co-ordinated attack on Scotrail by Unionist MSPs gladly abetted by the BBC and STV etc

Labour are basically protesting to make the Scottish Government use powers Labour voted against them having

https://wingsoverscotland.com/facing-the-wrong-way/

It led the BBC Scotland news and was given priority over the FMs warning on a no deal brexit

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also note the contrast between the prominence given to Alex Salmond's court case compared to the media near-blackout of the UK government taking the SG to the supreme court to enable their power grab.  The BBC Scotland agenda is clear for all to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Also note the contrast between the prominence given to Alex Salmond's court case compared to the media near-blackout of the UK government taking the SG to the supreme court to enable their power grab.  The BBC Scotland agenda is clear for all to see.

Unfortunately it isn't. It's clear for some of us, but most folk just don't see it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alibi said:

Also note the contrast between the prominence given to Alex Salmond's court case compared to the media near-blackout of the UK government taking the SG to the supreme court to enable their power grab.  The BBC Scotland agenda is clear for all to see.

Like there pro Eu agenda? .....

Or is it only an agenda if you disagree with it?

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Like there pro Eu agenda? .....

Or is it only an agenda if you disagree with it?

WTF ?

Have you been watching any of the BBC coverage the last 2 years ?

BBC Scotland are only interested in fishing when it comes to EU debate because it's an attack against the SNP - therefore anti EU and pro Tory

The BBC in General have been more Brexit orientated than pro EU - radio and TV

Pro Brexit MPs, Journalists and Farage are never off their main political programmes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

WTF ?

Have you been watching any of the BBC coverage the last 2 years ?

BBC Scotland are only interested in fishing when it comes to EU debate because it's an attack against the SNP - therefore anti EU and pro Tory

The BBC in General have been more Brexit orientated than pro EU - radio and TV

Pro Brexit MPs, Journalists and Farage are never off their main political programmes

I read a study not long ago that concluded the coverage was overwhelming pro Eu, I’ll try and dig it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I read a study not long ago that concluded the coverage was overwhelming pro Eu, I’ll try and dig it out. 

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/04/17/what-s-actually-going-on-with-the-bbc-and-brexit-bias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Interesting, almost the exact opposite from the report I read. Seems like each side claims the bbc was biased. 

"This shouldn't be a surprise. Even though independent academic studies show a slight pro-Brexit bias,  there's been a constant stream of reports claiming an anti-Brexit bias - predominantly from influential Leavers.  A significant proportion come from the same source: 'News-watch'. This group has been funded by Arron Banks and right-wing Tory MPs over the years. They even purchased the BBCcomplaints.com website to push the narrative specifically on Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Id say the BBC were pro EU from what I have viewed over the last few years.

Yeah that’s what I’ve noticed personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Id say the BBC were pro EU from what I have viewed over the last few years.

Agreed. It's one of the few times when they go easy on the SNP, if EU membership is being discussed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I participated in a you gov poll on the 17th December, scottish/indy specific, strange that its not been published while uk wide polling has

Poll released today, not bad for the snp, i find it strange the tory vote holding up while labour falling away, snp 40% tory 26% and labour 21%

 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17343657.scottish-labour-facing-post-brexit-election-wipeout/

 

 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

Nah i think the idea you've got two separate women making an allegation against the most powerful man in Scotland is not a conspiracy.  I think we look like tinpots if we allow ourselves to think so.   Sorry not wanting to sound offensive, i just don't see it being a conspiracy.

Whether the allegations are with merit or not is a different scenario.

Regardless, he's finished and independence has just taken a massive hit.

We know now they were "coached" and "approached" though, this is such a problem that it collapsed the entire investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 3:56 PM, PapofGlencoe said:

more i think about this the worse it is.

The man is inextricably linked to the cause.  what a mess.

im gutted.  I'm no fanboy of anybody and can't be arsed with zealots but Salmond is/was a political hero.  So so disappointing.

 

On 8/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, mariokempes56 said:

Fuksake man. You've just bitten the bait.

All they ever had to do was "allege" something, proof would never be needed anyway.

Your response is exactly what they want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 12:30 AM, Toepoke said:

The timing does seem suspicious. If the alleged events took place in 2013, I'm surprised nothing came to light before September 2014, it would've destroyed the Yes momentum.

 

We can now speculate on the timing, having to do with getting the new ministerial code not being followed so the leaking of it to damage reputation cause it couldn't get anywhere unless they could cover up the prior "tapping up" of the witnesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 6:26 PM, Ally Bongo said:

"This shouldn't be a surprise. Even though independent academic studies show a slight pro-Brexit bias,  there's been a constant stream of reports claiming an anti-Brexit bias - predominantly from influential Leavers.  A significant proportion come from the same source: 'News-watch'. This group has been funded by Arron Banks and right-wing Tory MPs over the years. They even purchased the BBCcomplaints.com website to push the narrative specifically on Brexit.

i think the BBC does whatever it deems in the 'national' interest at the time.

It was pro-EU during the vote, pro-Brexit following the referendum and now pro-remain.

 

I always thought the line taken on a 49 / 51 victory for leave being described as "overwhelming" was a give-away.  it was anything but.  It seemed to need to strengthen the UK's position rather than saying the facts. Everywhere else was calling it a divided country and a narrow shock leave vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had a pop at me for making up my mind already when you are the one who clearly has. And take your tin pot conspiracy accusations and shove them up your arse.

You actually seem angry that people are defending Salmond.

Edited by thplinth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×