Group E Finale

Toepoke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Problem is that if the tables were turned and it was us tonight playing Italy and a win saw us through you know we'd choke!! :(

I know what you mean but that was one of the poorest displays I've ever seen from an Italian team.

1 minute ago, JECK said:

As the tournament goes on it just gets worse and worse looking for Scotland. Well done ROI. 

Look on the bright side: that's two teams through to the knockout stages of the tournament who failed to beat us in the qualifiers.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

:lol: Sweet.

So that is Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England into the last 16?

So they may make up 25% of the last 16?

Or one fourth of the last sixteen?

Is that right? 

Three out of the last sixteen were in our qualifying group! That's nearly a fifth.

On the night Ireland deserved to win, however this was totally down to this rule where head to head is considered more important than goal difference. Italy couldn't be arsed as they were already top,had goal difference been active there is no way they would have played that side or performed like that. 

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Look on the bright side: that's two teams through to the knockout stages of the tournament who failed to beat us in the qualifiers.

That makes it worse if anything. We're fckun cursed it's beyond a joke

Edited by JECK

6 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I know what you mean but that was one of the poorest displays I've ever seen from an Italian team.

Just as Germany's performances against them were also amongst their poorest. If we'd have had just a fraction of Ireland's luck and qualified just imagine what we might've achieved?

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Three out of the last sixteen were in our qualifying group! That's nearly a fifth.

If we'd have got even a little bit of a break going our way instead of everything going against then I think coming through that group we'd have done well at the finals. It's looking like we had probably the toughest qualifying group of them all and came within a baw hair of coming through it.....once again.

Guest allyc

Fact is if we were going for a win over Italian reserve team we wouldn't have won.not under Strachan anyway.

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Just as Germany's performances against them were also amongst their poorest. If we'd have had just a fraction of Ireland's luck and qualified just imagine what we might've achieved?

If we'd have got even a little bit of a break going our way instead of everything going against then I think coming through that group we'd have done well at the finals. It's looking like we had probably the toughest qualifying group of them all and came within a baw hair of coming through it.....once again.

I agree I don't think we would have been embarrassed.  I think we would have been buoyed by just getting through but at present we look drained of confidence.  Hopefully Gordon can lift their spirits for the upcoming campaign.

Had a fiver double on Iceland and Ireland :)

Ireland did what they had to do

Doesnt matter a jot which line up Italy selected - they were no mugs

Have to agree that we would not have replicated that imo

Edited by Ally Bongo

I am unashamedly f*cked off with the world right now. "Well done Ireland" f*ck all. F*ck them and f*ck everyone else for that matter, including Strachan and the SFA.

F*ck you too, whoever you are.

I am looking at this draw now and correct me if I am wrong but does this mean that one of these teams must / will be in the final? Switzerland, Poland, Croatia, Portugal, Wales, NI, Hungary, Belgium? 

That is one cushy half of the draw while the bottom half is like the group of death.

Portugal with their result jumped from the bottom (death) half of the draw to the top half. Makes you wonder about their backing off... But hard to predict Iceland. Still you have buy a ticket to win the lottery.

Edited by thplinth

2 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I am unashamedly f*cked off with the world right now. "Well done Ireland" f*ck all. F*ck them and f*ck everyone else for that matter, including Strachan and the SFA.

F*ck you too, whoever you are.

:lol: :cry:

with you on this 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

I am looking at this draw now and correct me if I am wrong but does this mean that one of these teams must / will be in the final? Switzerland, Poland, Croatia, Portugal, Wales, NI, Hungary, Belgium? Cant say that looks great for the final.

That is one cushy half of the draw while the bottom half is like the group of death.

You are right

If you have taken a flyer on any of those teams as outsiders to win it you would be feeling quite pleased