Group F Finale - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Group F Finale

stirlish

Guest BlueGaz
18 minutes ago, stirlish said:

If Iceland and Portugal draw their matches who gets 2nd place?

Same goal difference and head to head was a draw?

Think it goes to bookings? I think thats how the virtual 3rd place league is too, points, GD, bookings. 

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Think it goes to bookings? I think thats how the virtual 3rd place league is too, points, GD, bookings. 

Goes to goals scored first. Iceland ahead on that one at the moment. Then "fair play" then UEFA coefficient. Portugal have a better coefficient. 

5 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Hope Ronaldo gets booked for diving in the last minute & that puts them out :lol:

If Portugal win 2-1 and it stays 1-0 to Iceland it will go down to "fair play" for who wins the group. Don't know how the fair plat works but Iceland were on 5 yellows and Portugal on 2 yellows before tonight's games.

Typically, the English media/pundits already have it as a foregone conclusion that they will beat Iceland. Lawrenceson (OK, I know he played for the Republuc but he's as Irish as me) just said on 5 Live that if England can't beat Iceland they should give up. Danny Murphy said the same thing on BBC. They could hardly keep the smiles off their faces that they'd avoided Ronaldo. 

I live in London and work with English people who can't understand where the 'arrogant' label comes from but for me it's their total lack of respect for other countries. They still seem to think that unless it's one of the big nations (Germany,Spain,etc.) they've just got to turn up to win. They don't seem to acknowledge how good Iceland's results have been in the last few years. Iceland in this tournament have got to be the biggest underdogs ever. I would be ecstatic if they beat England.....

probably won't though.

3 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Typically, the English media/pundits already have it as a foregone conclusion that they will beat Iceland. Lawrenceson (OK, I know he played for the Republuc but he's as Irish as me) just said on 5 Live that if England can't beat Iceland they should give up. Danny Murphy said the same thing on BBC. They could hardly keep the smiles off their faces that they'd avoided Ronaldo. 

I live in London and work with English people who can't understand where the 'arrogant' label comes from but for me it's their total lack of respect for other countries. They still seem to think that unless it's one of the big nations (Germany,Spain,etc.) they've just got to turn up to win. They don't seem to acknowledge how good Iceland's results have been in the last few years. Iceland in this tournament have got to be the biggest underdogs ever. I would be ecstatic if they beat England.....

probably won't though.

to be fair anyone would prefer Iceland over Portugal.