Ronaldo - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ronaldo

Toepoke

11 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Thank God, Mr. Strap. I thought I was the only punter who liked him.

Great minds think alike my friend :lol: 

hope your well Sir, hoping for a free weekend to come up the road without the weans in the summer, will give you a shout :ok: 

I was in a boozer in Marseille on Saturday watching the Portugal game and the whole place erupted for the penalty miss and the dissallowed goal, people just really don't like him and it's pretty funny tbf.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I was in a boozer in Marseille on Saturday watching the Portugal game and the whole place erupted for the penalty miss and the dissallowed goal, people just really don't like him and it's pretty funny tbf.

Were you in the same pub as me? :lol: Sitting outside, on a wee square about 2 mins walk from the marina. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I was in a boozer just off the corner from the marina and our place did erupt as well, there were a fair few English in there though.

Did come across a few guys with Kilts on including a few with Aberdeen tops on and a boy from Orkney.

3 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

He's apparently had more shots on goal than 9 'other' teams combined at the tournament. I assume Ireland are one of those teams :ph34r:

Everyone knows that one guy who would rather score some goals at 5's rather than win the game. He's just a much better version of that.

That's the most annoying thing in playing with other folk, Think they're playing a single player game, not a team game. Even Michael Jordan won nothing major till he became a better team mate.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:10 AM, jock strap said:

Thought he he another very good season ( last one ) for Real. 

I don't think he has ever real shone for Portugal, can't figure out why as they have a good squad of players. 

I still stand by my point that I think everyone on here would take him now for club and country if possible.

He is their all time top scorer, I would say that's "shining" for them.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:58 AM, Orraloon said:

I quite  like him as well.:ok: He is a bad loser. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with being a bad loser but there is plenty wrong with having absolutely dreadful body language in relation to any time your team mates don't lay a goal on a plate for you. Switched on their first game and immediately saw him chuck his arms in the air and throw at WTF look at someone who had failed to pass to him. Stuff like that can surely only damage team morale.

15 hours ago, Mee said:

His free kick record is atrocious for the number he takes

Stat at the weekend, Messi could fail to convert his next 147 direct free kicks and still have the same conversion ratio as Ronaldo. He is up there with Bobby Carlos in that he has taken a couple of good free kicks, although one was into David James, and that, plus his ego, justifies him taking everything within 40 yards of goal.

48 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Nothing wrong with being a bad loser but there is plenty wrong with having absolutely dreadful body language in relation to any time your team mates don't lay a goal on a plate for you. Switched on their first game and immediately saw him chuck his arms in the air and throw at WTF look at someone who had failed to pass to him. Stuff like that can surely only damage team morale.

Stat at the weekend, Messi could fail to convert his next 147 direct free kicks and still have the same conversion ratio as Ronaldo. He is up there with Bobby Carlos in that he has taken a couple of good free kicks, although one was into David James, and that, plus his ego, justifies him taking everything within 40 yards of goal.

I wonder what big Lorenzo's free kick stats are. I don't think anybody could be worse than him.

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder what big Lorenzo's free kick stats are. I don't think anybody could be worse than him.

You obviously never saw Kris Boyd during his first spell at Rangers.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

You obviously never saw Kris Boyd during his first spell at Rangers.

I seem to remember Boyd scoring a cracker of a free kick in the cup. I think it was at Hampden? Against QoS maybe? Did big Amo ever score from a free kick? Did he ever hit the target? Did he ever get any closer than row Y?

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He still hasn't shone for them the way he has done for Real. 

He scores goals everywhere, I was meaning the flair, skills, dribbling etc. 

20 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Peach of a free kick from Messi last night so will be even more now!

21 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

he's also missed 4 of his last 5 pens 

he'll still be taking the next one tho

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Peach of a free kick from Messi last night so will be even more now!

300 now, according to some random on twitter! 

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I seem to remember Boyd scoring a cracker of a free kick in the cup. I think it was at Hampden? Against QoS maybe? Did big Amo ever score from a free kick? Did he ever hit the target? Did he ever get any closer than row Y?

I think Amoruso might have scored from a free kick in Europe although I can't mind who against.