ROI Belgium - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ROI Belgium

JECK

Just watching this purposely with the sound down. I can imagine commentators will be saying things   like Ireland are "sticking to their task", "spirited". This will also be mentioned at half time by the studio panel. Surely their performance so far can only be described as dreadful because they've been sh!t for me.

Having said that they will probably win 1-0

34 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Listening to the BBC radio commentary, Lawrenson is an absolute bellend. Sounds like a pretty drab game though. 

Lawernson has never seen a good game in his life unless England win it.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Watching the second half, Belgium starting to look good. They could score a few more now, RoI should try to keep it at 3-0. 

I would prefer ROI to go for a goal! I have BTTS and Belgium to win ;)

Was at it earlier.

Absolutely devastated with not getting at least an indirect free kick for the practical beheading of Long in the lead up to their first goal. If we got a penalty or indirect free kick who knows but I do think we'd have needed at least a goal to get a draw out of this.

Not a hope we'll get a win against Italy. Belgium absolutely gave us a lesson in how to run a team ragged and the amount of covering our players had to do in the first half had them shattered. 

Hazard is some player and I knew we'd be up against it in this group. 

Belgium have too many players that can hurt you. 

Anyway here's hoping for a miracle against Italy. 

38 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ireland's best hope is that Italy rest a few players now they are through and take their feet off the gas...

Think they have said they will be

Ireland are (still) really very poor though which should level the playing field

I missed Italy v Sweden, but they picked up a few bookings in the Belgium game, so I'd expect Chiellini and others on a yellow might sit it out?

They've won group anyway, as only Belgium can get 6 points and Italy won h2h.

Watching that Ireland team actually made me feel slightly better that we didn't qualify. Lets face it, we would have been doing the same as them (time wasting from the first minute, aiming for the draw etc) and it would have been embarassing. Although I suppose the Scotland coloured blinkers would have been on in that case.

It is embarrassing that we couldn't finish above this dreadful ROI team.  They are abysmal and should be nowhere near this tournament.  Their manager is full of crap too as he always has been.

On 6/19/2016 at 7:06 PM, buckielugger said:

It is embarrassing that we couldn't finish above this dreadful ROI team.  They are abysmal and should be nowhere near this tournament.  Their manager is full of crap too as he always has been.

What is embarrassing is that you might think that Scotland would have done any better...It was Belgium we lost to, not bloody Georgia. If I were you I would be more concerned about not qualifying for a tournament for nearly 20 years and finishing behind teams of alot lower quality than the republic instead of talking nonsense

Belgium on their day would have done the same to the most of the non big teams in the tournament.

While i dont agree with o neills tactics in some games....we simply dont have the players to play teams like Belgium in a more aggressive/entertaining style.

We deserve to be at the tournament because its a 24 team tournament...and we qualified by going unbeaten against teams like Bosnia and Germany. 

24 teams may allow some of the weaker nations in, but that is UEFAs problem not ours and we qualified fairly and the hard way to get here..We should have beaten Sweden in Paris (had we not decided to sit back once we took the lead) and we got our backsides slapped by the belgians on the basis of them been vastly technically superior to us and us not playing to our strengths and making mistakes we normally dont make defensively and in other areas.

We are in probably the competitions toughest group also...which seems to be ignored by some people.

IF we beat Italy tomorrow , we will qualify for the second round....and taking 4 pts from sweden,belgium and Italy considering our limited playing pool to choose from is an OK return, if we dont, then we go out, but that still doesnt mean that we should be nowhere near the tournament

4 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

What is embarrassing is that you might think that Scotland would have done any better...It was Belgium we lost to, not bloody Georgia. If I were you I would be more concerned about not qualifying for a tournament for nearly 20 years and finishing behind teams of alot lower quality than the republic instead of talking nonsense

Belgium on their day would have done the same to the most of the non big teams in the tournament.

While i dont agree with o neills tactics in some games....we simply dont have the players to play teams like Belgium in a more aggressive/entertaining style.

We deserve to be at the tournament because its a 24 team tournament...and we qualified by going unbeaten against teams like Bosnia and Germany. 

24 teams may allow some of the weaker nations in, but that is UEFAs problem not ours and we qualified fairly and the hard way to get here..We should have beaten Sweden in Paris (had we not decided to sit back once we took the lead) and we got our backsides slapped by the belgians on the basis of them been vastly technically superior to us and us not playing to our strengths and making mistakes we normally dont make defensively and in other areas.

We are in probably the competitions toughest group also...which seems to be ignored by some people.

IF we beat Italy tomorrow , we will qualify for the second round....and taking 4 pts from sweden,belgium and Italy considering our limited playing pool to choose from is an OK return, if we dont, then we go out, but that still doesnt mean that we should be nowhere near the tournament

This

21 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

Well said mate. Too many on here with chips on their shoulders. Enjoy your night bud ☘??☘