The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for bringing this depressing thread back to life but I really boaked at opening one called 'Vote Tampering'.

This morning I started seeing posts on couponbook showing CCTV of alleged vote rigging. Whilst one or two certainly looked shifty I frankly just dismissed it as sour grapes on our (the 45's if you will) part. Now, I'm seeing people claim that there's a disparity between total votes cast and the breakdown to Yes & No, leading to around 600,000 'missing votes'. Will someone please reassure me that there was no way anyone, anywhere could have made over 1/2 million ballot papers disappear? :blink:

Sounds like bs, where is the source of this claim 3.6m allocated. 600k registered voters didn't turnout of that's the associated number

Ach, it's been reposted so many times on FB I haven't a clue what the original source is. I'm sure it's utter shite, and it just makes us look petty. There are better, more legitimate ways of fighting for what we want. Just thought I'd check though... B)

can't believe the outcome from your (our) capital (cough) city. . . feckin shocking, too many Hooray Henry's ??

This result is (as someone said) a bit like Labour losing in 1992.

It turned out not enough people trusted them after being so used to the status quo, too many people thought their leader was a bit dodgy, and their manifesto was too left wing for the middle / centre right to stomach.

Labour could never win by just appealing to the north of England, Scotland and Wales... had to reach out to the Hooray Henrys...

One thing we should demand for the next time is that a large team of international observers are brought to Scotland and scattered at counts across the country to report back on any skulduggery.

Well, given the level of sheer bawbaggery the Bitters displayed, particularly in the last few days, is it possible they went beyond simple lies and threats?

One thing we should demand for the next time is that a large team of international observers are brought to Scotland and scattered at counts across the country to report back on any skulduggery.

If I remember right. It's what was originally wanted but as given up to secure the Edinburgh agreement and the electoral Commission was allowed to oversee

• 6 years later...

Sorry for inflicting this upon you. When the board was tits up there for a few days I was trying to work out if it was just me and I ended up looking at what other threads people were reading and I saw a guest was reading this thread...

I never read it on the night. I went to be bed as soon I saw the unionist politicians all celebrating the win well before the counting had got underway. Never looked at any media until well into the next day, just to confirm it really.

It is quite sobering reading it now. We were never really in it. Briefly when it dropped to a 6k gap for a short time. 

Not sure what to make of the exceptionally low turnout in YES areas. Another way is too see it as exceptionally high turnout in NO areas.

Plus the dodgy postal votes of course and no exit polls as well... It was wide open to abuse.

Lose ballots on one side and puff up ballots on the other side. With the combined swing effect of both it does not take much to make the difference... Some of the results on the night do make you wonder looking back. It may just have been a case of making a narrow win a more convincing win if it did happen... who knows. Certainly I think people should have been a bit more suspicious and a little less accepting of all the shenanigans that took place in the lead up to this day. Might explain a lot of what we have seen since as well.

The stakes could not have been bigger that day. It was huge. 

On 9/20/2014 at 9:39 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Next one needs to be overseen by the UN not the UK. 

On 9/19/2014 at 5:54 AM, EddardStark said:

Massive constitutional change on the way for UK

On 9/19/2014 at 7:16 AM, Rossy said:

People want change...and when Cameron et al started throwing 'powers' at Scotland it was always going to be enough.

Let's see if they can actually deliver these powers.

Edited by exile

On 9/19/2014 at 6:05 AM, AbductedbyAliens said:

Devomax??? Are you insane? Its not even close to that. It wont happen anyway

On 9/19/2014 at 7:25 AM, Red Label said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29268196

"Meanwhile RBS confirmed it would not be moving its registered head office now that independence had been rejected."

C***nts.

Edited by exile

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I really took me a long time to get over the result, if i ever did.. i never want to feel like that again,, its bad to say but i still identify people on whether they voted yes or no. 

me too.

I've recently being saying to older customers that i know voted no when they start complaining about boris johnson and the tories that they enabled them, they don't have a right to complain about them.

If that sounds bitter then good

Anyone who thought the UK would allow a fair and untainted referendum to occur is naive in the extreme.  There were a lot of strange things going on in the run up to the vote and the count.

I still bear a grudge against those who voted no.  Not so much those who were taken in by the lies from Better Together, many of whom have realised they were taken in and have either moved to yes or are open to the possibility, but particularly the Vichy Scots.  I will always throw back in their faces that the current and ongoing damage being done to Scotland is their fault for voting no.  Quite how anyone would still vote no is beyond me.  Fuck the UK and fuck the Union.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

Anyone who thought the UK would allow a fair and untainted referendum to occur is naive in the extreme.  There were a lot of strange things going on in the run up to the vote and the count.

I still bear a grudge against those who voted no.  Not so much those who were taken in by the lies from Better Together, many of whom have realised they were taken in and have either moved to yes or are open to the possibility, but particularly the Vichy Scots.  I will always throw back in their faces that the current and ongoing damage being done to Scotland is their fault for voting no.  Quite how anyone would still vote no is beyond me.  Fuck the UK and fuck the Union.

Agree with this but doubt the part I've put in bold. I hope I'm wrong but don't think there were many. It was an easy excuse, to make them feel less of a traitor. Like the I'm voting No because because I don't like Alex Salmond twats.