Orlando Nightclub shooting - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Orlando Nightclub shooting

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Can't be bothered reading the full article, but the headline point seems pretty accurate.

Couldnt really understand what his tantrum was about?

Seemed to have taken the attack extremely personally.

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I cannot believe what I've just read :crazy:

Unbelievable. Something clearly went badly wrong with your upbringing.

What cant you believe about my post?

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Another far-right Islamophobic idiot then.

Assuming you are including me as a far-right Islamophobic, can you give me evidence of such a claim or do you actually believe you're own pish. Liberal Left with your head stuck up your arse

Anyone who doesn't know Owen Jones should read his book 'the Establishment' first. He is certainly no 'bell-end.' That said, I cannot see why he was upset. One can disapprove of homosexuality without advocating killing of gays. That might be what he is finding it hard to come to terms with.

Edited by Third Lanark

43 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

What cant you believe about my post?

Assuming you are including me as a far-right Islamophobic, can you give me evidence of such a claim or do you actually believe you're own pish. Liberal Left with your head stuck up your arse

I really hope there are no young Scottish Muslims with dreams of playing for Scotland that are reading your disgusting rants of hate and suspicion directed solely against their faith which is one of peace and harmony.

You are pure poison, pure poison. Nor do you remotely represent this country thank god.

feck off you weirdo, can you show me where on the previous posts that I have slammed all muslims? I have said that the vast majority of muslims are peaceful however this idiot in florida had links to terrorist organisations, as reported by the american media and fbi.

You probably wear toe-rings with sandals and campaign for "free the weed", whilst calling everyone Hitler that doesn't share you're views.

you don't represent all liberals but you do give them a bad name, your just a twat

10 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

feck off you weirdo, can you show me where on the previous posts that I have slammed all muslims? I have said that the vast majority of muslims are peaceful however this idiot in florida had links to terrorist organisations, as reported by the american media and fbi.

You probably wear toe-rings with sandals and campaign for "free the weed", whilst calling everyone Hitler that doesn't share you're views.

you don't represent all liberals but you do give them a bad name, your just a twat

thats easy, its in the post where you said the religion of peace strikes again.

It didn't take you long to start abusing someone just because they disagree with your views. You even openly admitted that you are happy being ignorant too, try and find which post you implied this and you can win yourself a jelly bean.

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

Another free spirit serial protesting new age hippy then.

No but given the choice of being a "free spirit serial protesting new age hippy" or someone filled with a boiling blind hatred, suspicion and intolerance of others purely on account of their faith, I'll have the former every single time.

Just now, girvanTA said:

You've made loads of obsessive about Islam and immigration. One doesn't to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out your alarming beliefs.

You say you don't want to visit a mosque to learn about our fellow Scots yet you make a very sinister suggestion that Scottish Muslims should go to a Church of Scotland and learn about "our culture and faith?" which is another textbook far-right rant. Aye, they should know their place, know who's in charge and who takes priority. 

By the by, the the CofS orientated culture and faith your alluding to is certainly not one I recognise, (nor any of my friends or family) nor according to the last census do over half the country. In fact it hasn't been for decades now. And a bloody good thing too. It was a culture that once made life very hard for hundreds of thousands of Catholics in Scotland including my own family. 

It's scary someone has such beliefs in today's world.

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No but given the choice of being a "free spirit serial protesting new age hippy" or someone filled with a boiling blind hatred, suspicion and intolerance of others purely on account of their faith, I'll have the former every single time.

You've made loads of obsessive about Islam and immigration. One doesn't to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out your alarming beliefs.

You say you don't want to visit a mosque to learn about our fellow Scots yet you make a very sinister suggestion that Scottish Muslims should go to a Church of Scotland and learn about "our culture and faith?" which is another textbook far-right rant. Aye, they should know their place, know who's in charge and who takes priority. 

By the by, the the CofS orientated culture and faith your alluding to is certainly not one I recognise, (nor any of my friends or family) nor according to the last census do over half the country. In fact it hasn't been for decades now. And a bloody good thing too. It was a culture that once made life very hard for hundreds of thousands of Catholics in Scotland including my own family. 

It's scary someone has such beliefs in today's world.

you are becoming boring now, me and you have very different opinions and personal views, I can accept that but you cant.

Many muslim's interpret Islam as peace and many muslim's interpret Islam as submission. Thats not being and a bigot, racist or an islamophobe, it is though factually correct. If maybe you went to you're local mosque you would have known that.

3 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Been a while since there's been suspensions, bannings and threads being locked.

If you want to ban me then I will totally accept that, but I would like to know your reasons and evidence. 

40 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Anyone who doesn't know Owen Jones should read his book 'the Establishment' first. He is certainly no 'bell-end.' That said, I cannot see why he was upset. One can disapprove of homosexuality without advocating killing of gays. That might be what he is finding it hard to come to terms with.

where he falls down in that book (and generally on the topic of the Establishment) is that he is too blinkered within the roots of Labour to have noticed that the best and most significant example of the Establishment pulling together was during the Independence Referendum. He gives mere passing reference to the referendum in the book (even during subsequent publications where he would have more opportunity to assess and refer to it) before citing lots of other reasonable but less damning or convincing examples of the Establishment at work.

Yes, he wrote the book from an English perspective but any reasonably minded person could see big business, Government, land owners and the wealthy plus the media come together to preserve their way of life and their interests.

I don't want to ban anyone. It's not like we sit with our fingers over the "Ban" button and have been sitting frustrated for a while.

But the level of personal abuse - and by that I don't mean disagreement - I mean personal abuse is unacceptable.

48 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

His issue was that a lot of commentators were reluctant to refer to it as a homophobic attack.

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

His issue was that a lot of commentators were reluctant to refer to it as a homophobic attack.

They do say its Homophobic though, he just appears to want it open and shut with no further discussion and shouts louder than everyone else to make it seem like they weren't saying that and as Julia said in her statement seemed to be putting words in the other two's mouths. 

I think the only one in the wrong during that debate was him. 

2 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

There has been one man who started the personal abuse. The Owen Jones of the board, strop after strop, in a continuous attempt at displaying his mock offence.

I wouldn't compare girvanTA to Owen Jones;)

Why do people think it is a homophobic attack. The shooter was gay but was a awkward misfit who 'nobody liked'. This is more like Columbine than a hate crime. The fact everyone was gay is not that relevant. His feelings that he had been rejected seems more important. 

His ex wife said she did not think it was terrorist attack nor that he had any links to terrorists. She also said the FBI told her not to tell this the american media / public (she married a Brazilian guy and was speaking to their media I think).

The comments by the father are odd as clearly the sight of men kissing would not bother someone who spends regular nights at his local gay night club. I find the weird call to the police in the middle of the rampage a little odd as well but let's see what emerges. Certainly his father is an interesting 'character'...

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Why do people think it is a homophobic attack. The shooter was gay but was a awkward misfit who 'nobody liked'. This is more like Columbine than a hate crime. The fact everyone was gay is not that relevant. His feelings that he had been rejected seems more important. 

His ex wife said she did not think it was terrorist attack nor that he had any links to terrorists. She also said the FBI told her not to tell this the american media / public (she married a Brazilian guy and was speaking to their media I think).

The comments by the father are odd as clearly the sight of men kissing would not bother someone who spends regular nights at his local gay night club. I find the weird call to the police in the middle of the rampage a little odd as well but let's see what emerges. Certainly his father is an interesting 'character'...

Do you think you might be misunderstanding the situation? 

10 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Second wife; not the ex.

FFS

I thought he was supposed to be gay 

This case has got more twists than a bag of christmas lights