Proposed French Rail Strike - Page 4 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Proposed French Rail Strike

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Odie said:

I got this email too about the same 13:09 Lux to Metz TGV train, I love how the original French message says cancelled but the English version they included only says there "may" be disruptions. Checking on the SNCF site confirms that it is in fact cancelled.

Anyone else in the same boat for the 13:09 from Lux to Metz want to share the cost of alternative transport?

Yes, 3 of us on the 13.09. Any idea  what time the next non-cancelled train after that is? I just get "site indisponible" when I go on sncf website. If not soon after, we would be interested in a taxi share. 

Anyone know if the 12.08 back to lux on Sunday is running?

I cant get anything booked on the website now. Either crashes or says there is no trains matching the booking requested. Will just turn up and see whats happening. 2 of us would be looking for alternative transport if anyone is booking anything

After leaving Malta I had a few days in Frankfurt and travelled from there yesterday. The German trains were fine but they cancelled the cross-border one so I had to get a bus. Once I got into France, the Forbach to Metz service was running as normal. Result! 

I'm feeling very lucky when I read all the tales of woe on this board. Normally I go everywhere by train, but I have a ba'heid mate who booked a bus for Sunday morning and I reserved that a few weeks back, so hopefully I should have no travel problems. 

Good luck to the rest of you. :(

Maybe the team will give us a performance to make it all worthwhile. You never know, if we're really, really lucky, we might even get a shot on target this time. 

Checked Saturday trains from Paris Est.  1540 TGV now cancelled too.  Only Saturday trains that will get there from Paris in time now seem to be 1340 which I'm luckily booked on and 1740. Sunday trains from Metz back to Paris Est haven't been updated yet to reflect the strike but the train time I booked for has been cancelled the past few days so I expect it will be cancelled on Sunday too.  Megabus tickets from Metz to Paris still available for a tenner.  Just booked one as it looks like it'll be my only hope of getting back to Paris in time for my plane. Normally I check the web for team news running up to the game - this time it's only been the Air France and SNCF websites to see whether I'll even get there.  Really hope the team realise how many hurdles this game is putting in front of us and put in a performance.

6 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Yes, 3 of us on the 13.09. Any idea  what time the next non-cancelled train after that is? I just get "site indisponible" when I go on sncf website. If not soon after, we would be interested in a taxi share. 

Anyone know if the 12.08 back to lux on Sunday is running?

It looks like the TER trains are still running tomorrow between Luxembourg and Metz.

According to this page we should in theory be able to just jump on one of those:  http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/train/strike

There was one at 13:30-ish but that's no longer showing on the site so I ended up just booking a ticket for the 12:13 for 16.70 Euros, assuming I will be able to get a refund for my 13:09 TGV ticket at Luxembourg station.

Taken the plunge and booked the 10:33 TER train back to Luxembourg on Sunday. Our 12:08 TGV wasn't even listed on the website, so I have assumed it's been binned off.

Just have an hour less in my pit on Sunday morning, but upside, more time in Luxembourg. Will get a refund at the station on Sunday, as I'm 99% sure that the TGVs aren't running.

J

14 hours ago, FraserM said:

Were you on the 10.29? That's the one I was on. The 13.40 still seems to be running, hopefully can get on that one with the same ticket.

Yes its the 10.29 so annoying. Apparently you can take another route so the 13.40 is probably a good option! 

2 hours ago, Odie said:

It looks like the TER trains are still running tomorrow between Luxembourg and Metz.

Not all mibbes. I see our 09.46 back to Lux on Sunday is cancelled.

Glad I looked now. Seems I cocked up and booked it from Metz Nord by mistake :wacko:

26 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

French train experts: Do you need to book up in advance for these TER trains or can you just rock up on the day and stand if there are no seats?

No Idea mate. I have some vague recollection that they only sell tickets to the amount seats available (ie no standing from Paddington to Chippenham for 1hour 40 minutes as I have done in the past), however only have my Father-in-law for passing that titbit onto me. I could be talking guff though. 

J

2 minutes ago, BlairC said:

Just rocked up to Luxembourg station and bought a ticket Lux to Metz no problem, seems like all the TGV ones are cancelled.

As I thought. Hardly likely to improve by Sunday. Glad I have bought a TER back to Lux now. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

33 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

French train experts: Do you need to book up in advance for these TER trains or can you just rock up on the day and stand if there are no seats?

My TER booking says no allocated seat, so perhaps they do oversell

23 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

You can just rock up and stand all the way if you want. As long as you've got a ticket.

Bit of a shambles. Booked on the Lorraine TGV to Charles de Gaulle at 13:30 tomorrow. The info desk at Metz Ville told me that train was cancelled. Stood in the ticket office queue for half an hour to see what the options are, to be told that the original train may be on and to cone back st six, when they'll know for sure.

Anyone else on that train?

On 6/4/2016 at 3:07 PM, min said:

Bit of a shambles. Booked on the Lorraine TGV to Charles de Gaulle at 13:30 tomorrow. The info desk at Metz Ville told me that train was cancelled. Stood in the ticket office queue for half an hour to see what the options are, to be told that the original train may be on and to cone back st six, when they'll know for sure.

Anyone else on that train?

Didn't you notice that a notice was put up each day in the station concourse, detailing what trains were likely to be running? Anyway, buying a ticket was a waste of time as no-one seemed to be checking anyway!!

46 minutes ago, BUFF 1875 said:

Didn't you notice that a notice was put up each day in the station concourse, detailing what trains were likely to be running? Anyway, buying a ticket was a waste of time as no-one seemed to be checking anyway!!

Yeah we noticed our return train to Est was tippexed. :lol:

49 minutes ago, BUFF 1875 said:

They were checking tickets on the 11:38 TER from Metz back to Luxembourg but were accepting tickets for later trains, I had a ticket for the 15:08 TGV but the ticket office told me I could use it on earlier trains so I headed up to Luxembourg earlier to avoid any hassles later in the day.