Proposed French Rail Strike - Page 3 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Proposed French Rail Strike

I got to Metz 6hrs ago, traveled via London City then on to Luxembourg then TGV to Metz. No problems with the TGV, it's seems to be running like clockwork. Currently watching the numties playlng Portugal on the TV. Hope you guys all manage to get here ok.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Dandydon said:

Just had a notification to tell me that the 1109 Saturday morning Luxembourg to Metz service id booked tickets for has been cancelled.

Just got the same email about the 13:09

Awesome.

12 minutes ago, FraserM said:

I've had notification that my train (10.29 from Paris Est to Metz on Saturday) has been cancelled.

Anyone know if tickets are valid on other trains? Can't seem to find any info on SNCF website.

I think I read somewhere that they are but you aren't guaranteed a seat. We are on the 13:40 on Sat but haven't had any emails yet. Fingers crossed.

Dear Client, Dear Customer,

You have planned to travel with SNCF on 04.06.2016 on the 2869 train from Luxembourg to METZ CITY. We inform you that due to a social movement SNCF, your train will not run.

We invite you to cancel or postpone your trip. If you give up your trip, as part of tHE vOYAGE WARRANTIES, you can get in the station, SNCF boutique, an accredited travel agency SNCF or by telephone at 36 35 (0.40 euros TTC / mn excluding any additional costs your operator) refund your ticket, at no cost, whatever the price, including non-refundable rates.

You have 60 days after your travel date for making such refund. New: before departure refund without fees is possible for online e-tickets (on Voyages-sncf.com or your online agency approved SNCF) and the station, on the self-service kiosks (outside Prem's).

If you decide to postpone your trip, we recommend you to travel, depending on availability, from Monday, June 6, many trains being . already full until Sunday you can visit horaires.sncf.com , mobile station or No. GREEN. 0805 90 36 35 to inform you about train traffic conditions SNCF you thank you customer, Regarding your travel booking with SNCF on 04.06.2016 on the train from 2869 to METZ LUXEMBOURG CITY.

We'd like to inform you That There Could Be a disruption to your journey due to a national railway strike action. For full details and the impact on your journey, please use the SNCF real-time journey planner: website SNCF.com gold SNCF App. Thank you for your understanding.

2 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I think I read somewhere that they are but you aren't guaranteed a seat. We are on the 13:40 on Sat but haven't had any emails yet. Fingers crossed.

Looking on the SNCF website, the 13.40 is still running. That's the first direct one of the day now. 

I'm also concerned that the return journey on the Sunday will get cancelled too, meaning I miss my Eurostar. This trip is becoming hard work!

1 hour ago, Dandydon said:

Just had a notification to tell me that the 1109 Saturday morning Luxembourg to Metz service id booked tickets for has been cancelled.

41 minutes ago, deecie said:

Just got the same email about the 13:09

Awesome.

Guys, were you booked on a TGV or a regional service?

Thats a pisser BTW, sweating about the return on Sunday now.

J

11:09 Luxembourg to Metz victim too! Looks like the TER regional trains still running though. Anyone know if it's best to book in advance or can you rock up to the station and purchase?

not wanting to book for it to be cancelled, having then to sort out another refund? On that note, any clues how to claim back from SNCF?

Just now, f4bes said:

I was booked on the TGV from Luxembourg to Metz. This disruption may only effect regional services???

That was my thought, be good to know as I am on the 12:08 TGV on Sunday back to Luxembourg.

J

12 minutes ago, The Year Was 1320 said:

11:09 Luxembourg to Metz victim too! Looks like the TER regional trains still running though. Anyone know if it's best to book in advance or can you rock up to the station and purchase?

not wanting to book for it to be cancelled, having then to sort out another refund? On that note, any clues how to claim back from SNCF?

Just had a look on the SNCF website, it does look like the TGV's are up the Swanny but the regionals are running. Certainly on the Metz to Luxembourg route.

J

1 minute ago, f4bes said:

I'm on the 10.33 TGV back to Luxembourg on Sunday I did think about the 12.08 TGV but wanted to give myself plenty of time before my flight at 14.55 just in case there were any mishaps.

If push comes to shove we'll just jump on a regional and claim back for our cancelled TGV. Doubt the trains will be groaning full on a Sunday morning, just glad there is a service running and not a total collapse.

J

7 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

If push comes to shove we'll just jump on a regional and claim back for our cancelled TGV. Doubt the trains will be groaning full on a Sunday morning, just glad there is a service running and not a total collapse.

J

Same here. I actually need to pick up my ticket in Luxembourg (not a harvester). So i'm hoping I can switch to the regional train then.

If not, there's 2 spare seats in my Taxi to Metz. Leaving LUX Station after lunch.

57 minutes ago, laurataylordu said:

My train from Paris Est to Metz is cancelled Sat morning! Such a pain in the neck. This journey is turning out to be a riot. Not even getting a bloody point for the hassle either!

Were you on the 10.29? That's the one I was on. The 13.40 still seems to be running, hopefully can get on that one with the same ticket.

Just translated the advice on the SNCF app.

"The information for Friday 3rd June across the network is up to date. For Saturday, 4th June information about your TGV is current.

Information for other trains will be available after Friday at 3 in the afternoon. SNCF invite you, if you can, to cancel or postpone your journey."

So for Sunday's return trains check back tomorrow after 3.

J

4 hours ago, deecie said:

Dear Client, Dear Customer,

You have planned to travel with SNCF on 04.06.2016 on the 2869 train from Luxembourg to METZ CITY. We inform you that due to a social movement SNCF, your train will not run.

We invite you to cancel or postpone your trip. If you give up your trip, as part of tHE vOYAGE WARRANTIES, you can get in the station, SNCF boutique, an accredited travel agency SNCF or by telephone at 36 35 (0.40 euros TTC / mn excluding any additional costs your operator) refund your ticket, at no cost, whatever the price, including non-refundable rates.

You have 60 days after your travel date for making such refund. New: before departure refund without fees is possible for online e-tickets (on Voyages-sncf.com or your online agency approved SNCF) and the station, on the self-service kiosks (outside Prem's).

If you decide to postpone your trip, we recommend you to travel, depending on availability, from Monday, June 6, many trains being . already full until Sunday you can visit horaires.sncf.com , mobile station or No. GREEN. 0805 90 36 35 to inform you about train traffic conditions SNCF you thank you customer, Regarding your travel booking with SNCF on 04.06.2016 on the train from 2869 to METZ LUXEMBOURG CITY.

We'd like to inform you That There Could Be a disruption to your journey due to a national railway strike action. For full details and the impact on your journey, please use the SNCF real-time journey planner: website SNCF.com gold SNCF App. Thank you for your understanding.

I got this email too about the same 13:09 Lux to Metz TGV train, I love how the original French message says cancelled but the English version they included only says there "may" be disruptions. Checking on the SNCF site confirms that it is in fact cancelled.

Anyone else in the same boat for the 13:09 from Lux to Metz want to share the cost of alternative transport?

3 hours ago, Odie said:

I got this email too about the same 13:09 Lux to Metz TGV train, I love how the original French message says cancelled but the English version they included only says there "may" be disruptions. Checking on the SNCF site confirms that it is in fact cancelled.

Anyone else in the same boat for the 13:09 from Lux to Metz want to share the cost of alternative transport?