Proposed French Rail Strike - Page 2 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Proposed French Rail Strike

49 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

I got an email from SNCF last night to say my train from Paris - Metz has been cancelled. They were already few and far between and the next one is two hours later....showing as full, but just going to have to jump on it!! It was supposed to be thwe 15:40 on Friday.

Our 1640 train has been cancelled for tomorrow too. Also hoping to jump on the 1740 now but not sure how likely that will be.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AmishBoy said:

Our 1640 train has been cancelled for tomorrow too. Also hoping to jump on the 1740 now but not sure how likely that will be.

Hopefully you get on that because the 18.40 also cancelled, by the looks of it, for tomorrow. We are on 19.40 and only 20.40 after that. I can see them both being very busy.

18 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Hopefully you get on that because the 18.40 also cancelled, by the looks of it, for tomorrow. We are on 19.40 and only 20.40 after that. I can see them both being very busy.

Have booked the megabus at 23h as a contingency as I saw all further trains were full (£38 for 4 of us) but it did mean changing our hotel as original didn't have 24hr front desk, so now having to stay 2 different places. Bit of a pain but worst case scenarios are all covered, I think!

Our train from Paris CDG to Metz Ville at 1245 is currently on schedule. A few troopers left on the train at 1048 heading eastbound. The flight out of Malta was delayed by 45 minutes this morning. Apparently this was due to poor weather at CDG. It's currently overcast and around 12C.

All seems fine at the moment in Paris with regards to planes and trains!

Made it to Metz.   No drama in the end, but skipped breakfast and caught the 7.40am to make sure.

Not seen anyone else in town yet; maybe dodging rain showers.   Now checked in and needing a siesta ^_^

2 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

Have booked the megabus at 23h as a contingency as I saw all further trains were full (£38 for 4 of us) but it did mean changing our hotel as original didn't have 24hr front desk, so now having to stay 2 different places. Bit of a pain but worst case scenarios are all covered, I think!

Not bothered. We are due to to land in CDG at 16.20 tomorrow and booked the 19.40 months ago. All indications so far (yesterday & today) are that it will run tomorrow. 

We are on the 17:40 tomorrow from Paris to Metz. No idea what the script is if your train gets cancelled. Thankfully, not received an email so ours looks to be running as usual ! 

Will update on this if i get an email to say otherwise, quite lucky as we were close to booking 16:40 a few weeks back but didnt want to risk being late for train.

40 minutes between our flights in Amsterdam as well, what could honestly go wrong?? :blink:

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

We are on the 17:40 tomorrow from Paris to Metz. No idea what the script is if your train gets cancelled. Thankfully, not received an email so ours looks to be running as usual ! 

Will update on this if i get an email to say otherwise, quite lucky as we were close to booking 16:40 a few weeks back but didnt want to risk being late for train.

40 minutes between our flights in Amsterdam as well, what could honestly go wrong?? :blink:

43 minutes for us between Edinburgh-London train and Eurostar!! I got a message from SNCF earlier........your 17:40 is DEFINITELY running. Just that 40 minute transfer to negotiate!! 

1 hour ago, ScotsRik said:

43 minutes for us between Edinburgh-London train and Eurostar!! I got a message from SNCF earlier........your 17:40 is DEFINITELY running. Just that 40 minute transfer to negotiate!! 

It's about a 3 minute walk between stations. 

16 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I presume you have to clear immigration at St Pancreas as well before boarding?

J

Passport check and throw your bags through the scanner.

You'll be slower getting on at Waverley.

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

Passport check and throw your bags through the scanner.

You'll be slower getting on at Waverley.

I must get Eurostar a dozen times a year and it's never that quick - unless you are 'Business Premier' Deecie?

It's not the time or distance between stations I am worried about it is the chance that the Edinburgh train will be delayed. It is much stricter at Eurostar these days (understandable) and they absolutely close boarding 30 minutes before departure. I didn't have to cut it so fine and now Metz train is cancelled, have just been given another two hours waiting time in Paris!

53 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

I must get Eurostar a dozen times a year and it's never that quick - unless you are 'Business Premier' Deecie?

It's not the time or distance between stations I am worried about it is the chance that the Edinburgh train will be delayed. It is much stricter at Eurostar these days (understandable) and they absolutely close boarding 30 minutes before departure. I didn't have to cut it so fine and now Metz train is cancelled, have just been given another two hours waiting time in Paris!

I guess I've just been lucky! Not caught it in a few years mind.

2 hours ago, Rory said:

Amsterdam was a nightmare last week due to runway maintenance so we missed our connections, one to keep an eye on.

4 hours ago, ScotsRik said:

Just as well you are doing that tomorrow. East coast line was subject to big delays with overhead lines damage near doncaster. I was booked on 12.25 first class from newcastle to york then second class from york to london. Train cancelled so due money back ..git in train an hour later and its an hour and a half late but on the plus side bern first class all the way and free beer! 

Refund of fare due as well.

Edited by irnbruman

6 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

We are on the 20.40 train from Paris on Friday, and so far I haven't heard anything to say that it is cancelled.

No news is good news I suppose!

I am on same train.this train runs to frankfurt and website says all Germany trains should run 

2 hours ago, YORKIE PAM said:

Booked on the 17.40 train & the 23.00 megabus as back up.

Not good being a woman travelling alone in these circumstances will just have to hope for the best.

SNCF seem to think this will run.. And you wont be alone waiting for that train by the look of things.. 

Edit.. Just checked website and tonights train left 5 mins late.. 

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

56 minutes ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

SNCF seem to think this will run.. And you wont be alone waiting for that train by the look of things.. 

Edit.. Just checked website and tonights train left 5 mins late.. 

Thanks for that any reassurance welcome.