Travel share from Paris to Metz 3rd June - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel share from Paris to Metz 3rd June

Naranjito82

1 hour ago, hawickta said:

Cancelled/full. SNCF website now showing no trains at all to Metz on Friday. 

Where have you seen this ? I've just been on the website and says trains are running even tonight's trains to metz are on time , are you looking to buy tickets ?

16 minutes ago, billy corby said:

Where have you seen this ? I've just been on the website and says trains are running even tonight's trains to metz are on time , are you looking to buy tickets ?

Yep. 19.40 left on time and is rattling across the country as we speak/type. The SNCF website allows you to track trains in real time it's currently just passing Villeroy, 50km east of Paris.

17 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Yep. 19.40 left on time and is rattling across the country as we speak/type. The SNCF website allows you to track trains in real time it's currently just passing Villeroy, 50km east of Paris.

I love modern technology. You can do the same on Lothian busses in Edinburgh. 

Magic.

J

2 hours ago, gordon j j said:

I arrive in Paris tomorrow at 16.05, tried to book trains via SNCF website and it says no trains available???? anybody got up to date news?

You will struggle now if you don't already have anything booked. Due to them cancelling about 3 or 4 trains during the day and early evening they will be shifting passengers already booked on those trains onto the ones that are still running. I would imagine they are dealing with shifting those passengers and not selling any other tickets for the trains as they will already be over-crowded.

1 minute ago, gordon j j said:

Where is this from?

The link clarky posted. Stick Paris and Metz Ville in the to and from and your date and you will see what trains are running. 

I read somewhere on SNCF or on SNCF Twitter that in times of strike, the only way to buy tickets is at the station.....Although later trains seem to be available for purchase.....e.g, 20:40 arriving 22:04. Conflicting stories!

My train is cancelled and although I read a tweet that said someone could get on the next train even if it is full, I then got a tweet saying that this is possible if you are aged, pregnant etc. So even more conflicting stories. I will try to get on the next available train and ask questions later......just hope they aren't doing a full ticket check at the entrance to the platform.

Not sure what your best bet would be?? If you are arriving after 4pm, then maybe a train at 8.40 pm isn't that much of a stretch.......plenty worse places to pass a few hours! Hopefully Metz is 'open' way past 22:04!! Just make sure to get in touch with hotel in advance.