Euros Betting - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euros Betting

killiefaetheferry

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, giblet said:

any silly free money bets on the go like the "Brazil to wear yellow in first game" one at the last world cup?  Were getting an intro 3/1 with that.

I've not really looked yet but I remember someone telling me about that Brazil bet AFTER it had happened. Crazy.

I also quite like the 2-1 theory mentioned on the first page by Fairbairn .

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

I've not really looked yet but I remember someone telling me about that Brazil bet AFTER it had happened. Crazy.

I also quite like the 2-1 theory mentioned on the first page by Fairbairn .

If I remember rightly it was the 5th game in the last time before a 2-1 landed.  My arse was getting a bit squeaky thinking I'd cost everyone 50 quid and then like clockwork it happened and followed the pattern after that.

Germany £200 outright 9/2 with ladbrokes

Germany 2/5, France 1/3, Spain 8/13, Portugal 4/5 all to win there groups £50 that's my bets on for the tournament 

On 8 June 2016 at 2:47 PM, Fairbairn said:

This saves me starting a new thread.

Over the last 4 Euros  the most common score has been 2-1 (21%).  There are very few upsets so we can assume that the majority of these will be 2-1 to the favourite.  The average price for 2-1 to the favourite seems to be 9/1.  If you bet a tenner on that your outlay would be £310 and if the trend continues you could expect 6-7 games to finish 2-1 to the favourite returning between £600 to £700 so a profit of between £290 and £390.  I did a similar thing during that last World Cup (having watched the Euros before) and it worked out almost exactly.  At that price you would only need 3 games to finish 2-1 to (almost) break even and the minimum at any of the last 4 tournaments has been 5.

:whistling:

On 08/06/2016 at 2:47 PM, Fairbairn said:

Over the last 4 Euros  the most common score has been 2-1 (21%).  There are very few upsets so we can assume that the majority of these will be 2-1 to the favourite.  The average price for 2-1 to the favourite seems to be 9/1.  If you bet a tenner on that your outlay would be £310 and if the trend continues you could expect 6-7 games to finish 2-1 to the favourite returning between £600 to £700 so a profit of between £290 and £390.  I did a similar thing during that last World Cup (having watched the Euros before) and it worked out almost exactly.  At that price you would only need 3 games to finish 2-1 to (almost) break even and the minimum at any of the last 4 tournaments has been 5.

Just come across this so going to give it a go. I know I missed one last night but hopefully it will still work out. 

On 8 June 2016 at 2:47 PM, Fairbairn said:

I owe you a pint! ?

On 08 June 2016 at 2:47 PM, Fairbairn said:

Me too ; ) Although there are actually 51 games in total , so your outlay is more  but your potential profit will be higher .

Edited by popkean1314foreva

39 minutes ago, popkean1314foreva said:

Me too ; ) Although there are actually 51 games in total , so your outlay is more  but your potential profit will be higher .

Oh aye, I was basing the 31 games on the old format.  So your outlay would be £510 but potential profit of £490 to £590.

I put £2 on each of the group games, but a fiver on last night's game. I whooped very loudly when the winning goal went in last night. So much so that my wife (who I might have forgotten to mention the bet to) gave me a very suspicious look. Brings a degree of interest to every game and I'd be amazed if I didn't end up a few quid up reasonably soon.

£10 on France at 3s

£5 on Germany at 5/2

£2.50 on Tam Miller T/S

£1.50 on Antoine Griezman T/S

£1.50 on Olivier Giroud T/S

I still might chuck £5 on a couple of outsiders, maybe £1 on Poland at 50s and £2 each on Croatia and Portugal

I plan on doing £3 trebles over the course of two or three days too 

12 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Were wales the favorite?

Slight outsiders 21/10 Slovakia 7/4 but still another 2-1 result

lottery numbers please fairbairn 

I didn't do 2-1 but did have a touch on Wales £50 back

59 minutes ago, jcs said:

Slight outsiders 21/10 Slovakia 7/4 but still another 2-1 result

lottery numbers please fairbairn 

I didn't do 2-1 but did have a touch on Wales £50 back

I'm sure when I looked at it Wales were the favourites? Worked out anyway!!