** PAYMENT CONFIRMATION ** Sliema To Stadium Return (DeeRus) - Malta v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

** PAYMENT CONFIRMATION ** Sliema To Stadium Return (DeeRus)

DeeRus

Hi all and thanks for requests for seats made and confirmed on the original thread – don’t worry, just cause you’ve asked for a seat, doesn’t mean you’re committed to it!

Anyone wanting a seat, post on the original thread please :ok:

As requested by a few people, who want to get it out of the way, please find below the formal part, i.e. payment and confirmation.

Seat Cost and Payment Timeline

Firstly, as the exchange rate has varying since the original posting, the full and final cost in GBP will be £3.20 per seat (Originally estimated as £3.00)

Payment needs to be made on or before Friday the 22nd of July – as the payment needs to be made to the coach company during the first week of August, so this allows for a little leeway, just in case!

Please remember that any excess monies, once all payments have been received and the bus company has been paid, will be donated to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal – no one travels for free.

NOTE - should your plans change after you've paid for your seat(s), you can either swap the name (telling me so of course!) and/or if I can resell the seat(s), I'll refund you your payment

Payment will (ideally) be by PayPal - Why?

This keeps it separate to my own bank account – transparency is key in my eyes!

If you could make the payment using the ‘Friends and Family’ option, this means no charges for either of us.

However, if you prefer to send using the ‘Goods and Services’ option, you’ll need to increase your payment to ensure the amount that reaches me, is the amount I’m advising.

This is something for YOU to decide and not for me to tell you.

Payment Process

Payment via PayPal to

deerus.ps@gmail.com

When you are making your payment, you will need to include your name (Ideally, if space permits, your full name and TAMB name) in the message box and of course, how many seats you’re booking

For example Paul Smith (DeeRus) x 4

In addition to this, I will need you to ALSO email me, to the same address as you’ve made the payment too, with full names of the people you’ve paid the seat(s) for. Can you also include a contact phone number of yourself or whoever your lead person will be please.

Once you’ve emailed me, I’ll double check that the payment has been received and I’ll also confirm your seats as well as my contact details for on the day.

Note - I'm on holiday the 2nd and 3rd weeks in July but will endeavor to reply as quickly as possible once payments are made.

If you are aware of others you’d like to be on the same coach as, please advise the lead name (TAMB and/or ’real name’) and I’ll do my best to accommodate everyone’s requests.

I’ll not issue the bus listed till the middle of August, to allow for all requests to come in.

HELP!!

I’d very much appreciate if anyone is willing to be a Bus Steward (no more than counting the people on and off the bus) – if you are, please drop me a line and thanks in advance.

TRAVEL TIMES AND PICK UP/DROP OFF POINTS

I’ve contacted and have 100% confirmation with the owner of this bar that we can party here, which is large enough to cater for, the circa 250 of us travelling:

Surfside Bar and Grill

Tower Road,

Sliema, Malta

Depart at 18.15 SHARP (Buses will be there from around 18.00) to the Ta' Qali National Stadium (Kick off time is 19.45)

Return straight after the game (leaving no later than 22.00, so please be there or we’ll leave without you) and back to the bar. The bar will stay open for as long as people want served ………… I’ve suggested they may want to revisit that statement!!

The bar is split over a couple of levels and whilst they are adamant they will be able to cater for our ‘drinks demands’ and not have a delay in getting the drinks served, I’m also in discussions for them to put in a can/bottle bar on the lower floor. They’ve agreed to make a donation from the day to the Sunshine Appeal, based on increased sales and there being the 250 of us, i.e. trade they’d not be able to count on usually – as opposed to making a payment to the organiser, which is not what this is about, its about getting us to/from the stadium, for no personal gain.

I’ll be able to post more specifically what they’ll be doing on the day, nearer the time

The coach company have also confirmed that will be picking us up/dropping us off in the vicinity of the bar.

Sorry for the length of the posting but I’m hoping that covers off all possible questions and helps you understand what you need to do and what I’m doing at this end.

Hope that works for everyone but feel free to post/contact as required.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by DeeRus

22 hours ago, DeeRus said:

Hi all and thanks for requests for seats made and confirmed on the original thread – don’t worry, just cause you’ve asked for a seat, doesn’t mean you’re committed to it!

Anyone wanting a seat, post on the original thread please :ok:

As requested by a few people, who want to get it out of the way, please find below the formal part, i.e. payment and confirmation.

Seat Cost and Payment Timeline

Firstly, as the exchange rate has varying since the original posting, the full and final cost in GBP will be £3.20 per seat (Originally estimated as £3.00)

Payment needs to be made on or before Friday the 22nd of July – as the payment needs to be made to the coach company during the first week of August, so this allows for a little leeway, just in case!

Please remember that any excess monies, once all payments have been received and the bus company has been paid, will be donated to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal – no one travels for free.

NOTE - should your plans change after you've paid for your seat(s), you can either swap the name (telling me so of course!) and/or if I can resell the seat(s), I'll refund you your payment

If you could make the payment using the ‘Friends and Family’ option, this means no charges for either of us.

However, if you prefer to send using the ‘Goods and Services’ option, you’ll need to increase your payment to ensure the amount that reaches me, is the amount I’m advising.

Payment Process

Payment via PayPal to

deerus.ps@gmail.com

When you are making your payment, you will need to include your name (Ideally, if space permits, your full name and TAMB name) in the message box and of course, how many seats you’re booking

In addition to this, I will need you to ALSO email me, to the same address as you’ve made the payment too, with full names of the people you’ve paid the seat(s) for. Can you also include a contact phone number of yourself or whoever your lead person will be please.

Once you’ve emailed me, I’ll double check that the payment has been received and I’ll also confirm your seats as well as my contact details for on the day.

Note - I'm on holiday the 2nd and 3rd weeks in July but will endeavor to reply as quickly as possible once payments are made.

If you are aware of others you’d like to be on the same coach as, please advise the lead name (TAMB and/or ’real name’) and I’ll do my best to accommodate everyone’s requests.

I’ll not issue the bus listed till the middle of August, to allow for all requests to come in.

HELP!!

I’d very much appreciate if anyone is willing to be a Bus Steward (no more than counting the people on and off the bus) – if you are, please drop me a line and thanks in advance.

I’ve contacted and have 100% confirmation with the owner of this bar that we can party here, which is large enough to cater for, the circa 250 of us travelling:

Surfside Bar and Grill

Tower Road,

Sliema, Malta

Depart at 18.15 SHARP (Buses will be there from around 18.00) to the Ta' Qali National Stadium (Kick off time is 19.45)

Return straight after the game (leaving no later than 22.00, so please be there or we’ll leave without you) and back to the bar. The bar will stay open for as long as people want served ………… I’ve suggested they may want to revisit that statement!!

The bar is split over a couple of levels and whilst they are adamant they will be able to cater for our ‘drinks demands’ and not have a delay in getting the drinks served, I’m also in discussions for them to put in a can/bottle bar on the lower floor. They’ve agreed to make a donation from the day to the Sunshine Appeal, based on increased sales and there being the 250 of us, i.e. trade they’d not be able to count on usually – as opposed to making a payment to the organiser, which is not what this is about, its about getting us to/from the stadium, for no personal gain.

I’ll be able to post more specifically what they’ll be doing on the day, nearer the time

The coach company have also confirmed that will be picking us up/dropping us off in the vicinity of the bar.

Sorry for the length of the posting but I’m hoping that covers off all possible questions and helps you understand what you need to do and what I’m doing at this end.

Hope that works for everyone but feel free to post/contact as required.

Thanks,

Paul

Have made payment and sent names to your email address.

Many thanks Paul,

Hi all and thanks to everyone who's paid already - thats 42 seats :ok:

I've replied to everyone who's emailed me, confirming the details of the day, as well as my contact number.

If you've paid and NOT had a reply, can you either resend your email or PM me on here please?

Thanks again,

Paul

On 5/26/2016 at 7:24 PM, jimmythefish said:

Payment sent & email 

JTF - could you drop me an email or a PM with a contact number please?

I'll reply with your booking confrimation and my contact number etc

Thanks, Paul

On 5/27/2016 at 10:13 AM, doonhameronthedon said:

Paid, cheers for the update.

Sandy, can you drop me an email or a PM, with names for the seats and a contact number please?

I'll then be able to reply with your confirmation and my contact details

Thanks, Paul

ATTENTION - Anne Munro

Apologies but i don't know your TAMB name, so can't send you a DM.

Can you message me please via here (there's no problem and your seats are confirmed) but I need to confirm something with you please.

Thanks, Paul.

URGENT UPDATE TO PAYMENT DEADLINE

Hi all and firstly thanks to the 90 seat payments I’ve received already, its much appreciated.

I’ve had an update from the coach hire company and to coin a phrase, “the goalposts have been moved”, but just a little.

It’s because of this, I’m forced to change the payment details I’ve previously shared and is now:

TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE(S) ON THE BUS, I NOW NEED YOUR PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE MONDAY THE 13TH OF JUNE 2016

(The coach company requires payment on or before the 15th of June but I’ll need a wee bit of time to make the payment, hence requesting the payments before the final deadline)

I have committed with them to still hire the FIVE 53 seat coaches and within reason, I’ll try and cover any shortfall between monies received and the money needed to be paid by the deadline but if it’s too big a gap, I’ll have to reduce the number of coaches being hired – hence my statement above about guarding your seat(s) be by on or before the 13th of June

Really sorry but it’s a condition that needs to be complied with, as the hire company has a high demand on their fleet that weekend.

Any questions/problems/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to message me as required.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

PS – one minor good point, like Watershed and his coaches, the bus company are making contact with the home FA, to have our coaches drop off/pick up at the official stadium parking. If any of you were at the Italy game, it was a wee bit shambolic the dropping off/picking up in the areas around the stadium, so getting to use the bus park will make it a lot easier.

You're correct and it's a 2045 ko.

After being there last week, seeing there's sod all at or near the ground, I'll discuss and agree a revised (later) departure time with the coach company. 

I've also contacted the Maltese FA about possibly getting parked in the official car parking.

Will confirm the full and final details in the next couple of months.

Paul

URGENT UPDATE TO PAYMENT DEADLINE

Hi all and firstly thanks to the 150 seat payments I’ve received already, its much appreciated.

I’ve had an update from the coach hire company and to coin a phrase, “the goalposts have been moved”, but just a little.

It’s because of this, I’m forced to change the payment details I’ve previously shared and is now:

TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE(S) ON THE BUS, I NOW NEED YOUR PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE MONDAY THE 13TH OF JUNE 2016

(The coach company requires payment on or before the 15th of June but I’ll need a wee bit of time to make the payment, hence requesting the payments before the final deadline)

I have committed with them to still hire the FIVE 53 seat coaches and within reason, I’ll try and cover any shortfall between monies received and the money needed to be paid by the deadline but if it’s too big a gap, I’ll have to reduce the number of coaches being hired – hence my statement above about guarding your seat(s) be by on or before the 13th of June

Really sorry but it’s a condition that needs to be complied with, as the hire company has a high demand on their fleet that weekend.

Any questions/problems/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to message me as required.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

PS – one minor good point, like Watershed and his coaches, the bus company are making contact with the home FA, to have our coaches drop off/pick up at the official stadium parking. If any of you were at the Italy game, it was a wee bit shambolic the dropping off/picking up in the areas around the stadium, so getting to use the bus park will make it a lot easier.

17 minutes ago, Carol47 said:

Hi Paul

Can I book 2 seats for Mike and me from Sliema to stadium and back.  Money has been transferred.

Any problems let me know.

Many thanks

Carol

Not a problem 

I've replied,

Paul

Hi all

I believe I've replied to all that have paid but if I've missed you please message me and we'll get it sorted. 

Thanks to everyone as the change in payment deadline, whilst not caused by us, certainly made things more complicated than planned 

Paul 

TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE(S) ON THE BUS, I NOW NEED YOUR PAYMENT ON OR BEFORE WEDNESDAY THE 15TH OF JUNE 2016

I've managed to get the hire company to be a bit more flexible and the deadline has been pushed back by a couple of days.

Hi all and firstly thanks for the payments I’ve received already, its much appreciated - that's just over 200 seats all done and dusted - 202 to be precise :ok:

If ANYONE needs a seat, whether you'd posted on the original list or not, please follow the payment process as follows:

Payment Process

Payment via PayPal to

deerus.ps@gmail.com

Surfside Bar and Grill

Tower Road,

Sliema, Malta

Depart at 19.15 SHARP (Buses will be there from around 19.00) to the Ta' Qali National Stadium (Kick off time is 20.45)

Return straight after the game (leaving no later than 23.00, so please be there or we’ll leave without you) and back to the bar.

Thanks,

Paul