Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

On 14/05/2016 at 5:08 PM, Only One Stop said:

What is it that you are seeing that gives any suggestion of a Hibs win in Cup Final?

all I can see is owner and CEO who don't give a flying feck win lose or draw, a tactically hopeless manager who has been out thought by part time managers and teams and a bunch of players with the collective passion, courage and spirit of the Italian Army. 

The only thing I can see us doing is finding a spectacular new way to lose, either the Hun will absolutely scud us or we'll be 3 up with 10 minutes to play and still lose. 

add leeann dempster to the list of imposters

7 hours ago, silverbear said:

To be fair Ginzburg & Snelders were only ever back up & big Theo will always be remembered fondly for his penalty save in the 1990 Cup Final ;)

Ill give you Cammy Bell though. In fact please take him.

Bell was fairly decent until he decided to be a fanny and drop down the leagues for the blue pound ???

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Ally maxwell isn't even the worst goalie rangers have got from Motherwell.

:lol:

Sad the way his Motherwell career ended after his cup final heroics. He's over from America doing some stuff for the 25th anniversary of the '91 cup win.

Who is the worst keeper in your opinion? I can't think of many who have made that move!

I have slightly better memories of Maxwell than a lot of others although that might have more to do with the fact Rangers always had better 'keepers than Celtic in the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s when I started watching them so even the bad ones were good in comparison. For every Ian Andrews, Pat Bonner, Jonathan Gould and Rab Douglas we had Chris Woods, Andy Goram, Stefan Klos and Allan McGregor. FFS even Andy Dibble kept a clean sheet in an old firm game!

Ally Maxwell used to live near me and opened our Gala Day around about 1996 where he played the "nearest the pin" competition that my mate and I set up. I also got his autograph in Strathaven Park soon after the Dundee Utd cup final and I tried to cheer him up by blaming the goal on Dave McPherson.

10 hours ago, adamntg said:

Also - Hibs for the win.  They need the distraction of Europe next year, and nobody wants to see Rangers win anything, not even a game of tiddlywinks.

I've heard that Man Utd have entered next years hunt the thimble world championships.

9 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Who is the worst keeper in your opinion? I can't think of many who have made that move!

I have fonder memories of Ally Maxwell than I do of Billy Thomson. Although my opinion of Maxwell is probably more to do with the 1991 cup final than anything else.

Celtic had some real stars middle to front through the 90s, but pretty uninspiring in defence. 

I see that Hibs have confirmed they have sold out their allocation and also additional tickets supplied by the SFA this week to us (think it may have been debentures).

did have a chuckle at the Rangers fans yesterday on social media yesterday suggesting we had returned 7,000 tickets back to the SFA. :P

so estimating with those extras we have each sold 23k tickets direct to fans with the 4 or 5k going to sponsors etc.

Edited by giblet

1 hour ago, giblet said:

I see that Hibs have confirmed they have sold out their allocation and also additional tickets supplied by the SFA this week to us (think it may have been debentures).

did have a chuckle at the Rangers fans yesterday on social media yesterday suggesting we had returned 7,000 tickets back to the SFA. :P

so estimating with those extras we have each sold 23k tickets direct to fans with the 4 or 5k going to sponsors etc.

Think that story came from one of your lot in fairness mate. It was debunked very quickly by other Gers fans. Don't think it was ever in doubt that you would sell out. 

2 hours ago, braveheart_lynch said:

Any advice if possible where to get two tickets for the Hibs end? Have asked friends who are season ticket holders but no joy.

There's a couple ticket tout sites selling them but never sure how reliable.

might be a waiting list at Hibs?  Public sale was today, but I dont think that many were available.

15 minutes ago, giblet said:

might be a waiting list at Hibs?  Public sale was today, but I dont think that many were available.

Yeah they sold out very quickly. There have been some restricted view tickets released. I didn't know Hampden had any restricted view seats? We will keep trying. Cheers.

35 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

Yeah they sold out very quickly. There have been some restricted view tickets released. I didn't know Hampden had any restricted view seats? We will keep trying. Cheers.

They are the ones behind the very big feathers. Should be OK for the cup final.;)

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Is the shed doo before the game a ticketed affair or just turn up?

Ticketed I believe. Wrong end of the stadium for us, but better for anywhere to get a pint/lunch. Be surrounded by Rangers fans though  

It's a desert on the East side and the traffic through Rutherglen is a nightmare. 

12 minutes ago, Only One Stop said:

Ticketed I believe. Wrong end of the stadium for us, but better for anywhere to get a pint/lunch. Be surrounded by Rangers fans though  

It's a desert on the East side and the traffic through Rutherglen is a nightmare. 

Ta! How much is it and who do you contact to see if there's any tickets left?