Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

45 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Sadly that wasn't the only time that phrase was mentioned.

Remember the two he made v Celtic in '93? Mates & I were convinced he'd taken a bribe that day.

Wasn't he attacked outside after the game? (That's not an excuse for you to say Maxwell threw a punch in retaliation & missed) ;)

Worst keeper I've ever seen play for Rangers - absolutely dreadful.

Ginzburg, Snelders and Bell were all worse in a Rangers shirt imo. 

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Well, obviously the law of averages has no scientific basis. I meant 'stick on'in the football sense, which means that I'm acting on a hunch.....;)

However, given the close games between the 2 this season I do feel this is Hibs' best chance in a long time. 

:ok::ok::ok::ok:

Rangers need taken down a peg. 

Plus, if they lose, it'll be hilarious to see them scrambling around to shell out even more millions on has-beens and 'big name'signings to try and placate Ra People. 

Changed yer tune on that one again I see. Make up yer mind ffs......

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Ally maxwell isn't even the worst goalie rangers have got from Motherwell.

:lol:

Sad the way his Motherwell career ended after his cup final heroics. He's over from America doing some stuff for the 25th anniversary of the '91 cup win.

I hope he's not washing up or serving on. :lol:

i can only think of Peter McCloy & Nicky Walker?

McCloy was certainly better than Maxwell.

Walker was average but still better. Also managed a couple of caps for Scotland.

I remember one v Germany when we only lost 1-0 to a German team containing Thon, Kohler, Hassler, Matthaus, Sammer, Doll, Effenberg, Klinsmann & Riedle.

We had Irvine, Bowman & McInally ^_^

13 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Ginzburg, Snelders and Bell were all worse in a Rangers shirt imo. 

To be fair Ginzburg & Snelders were only ever back up & big Theo will always be remembered fondly for his penalty save in the 1990 Cup Final ;)

Ill give you Cammy Bell though. In fact please take him.

30 minutes ago, silverbear said:

To be fair Ginzburg & Snelders were only ever back up & big Theo will always be remembered fondly for his penalty save in the 1990 Cup Final ;)

Snelders was a cracking keeper when he was Aberdeen and just seemed to down tools once we signed him.

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Snelders was a cracking keeper when he was Aberdeen and just seemed to down tools once we signed him.

His heart was never in being a currant. He only went there because he was being gradually pushed out the door at Pittodrie.

33 minutes ago, Rossy said:

His heart was never in being a currant. He only went there because he was being gradually pushed out the door at Pittodrie.

Indeed.

He's regularly back in Aberdeen and at Pittodrie.

I'm assuming he hasn't been back to Snake Mountain much?

43 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Who replaced him at Pittodrie?  Only keeper I can think you had back then was Michael Watt.

13 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Indeed.

He's regularly back in Aberdeen and at Pittodrie.

I'm assuming he hasn't been back to Snake Mountain much?

Theo was at Pittodrie on Sunday for the Ross County game. Would probably have done better than youung Lennox too had he played in goal!!!

3 hours ago, silverbear said:

Think Ginzberg won the Israeli version of strictly come dancing.

Now a pundit across there. The Israeli version of Jamie Rednapp, seemingly...

On 5/16/2016 at 11:24 AM, Angus_Young said:

Also there. It was absolutely rank rotten. I might be wrong but I don't think we had a shot on target. You lot were just less shite and deserved to win. 

Chance for back to back trebles too. 

We were anything but shite.  United were gods among mortals that day.

Rangers had one shot from Hateley towards the end that Guido Van De Kamp saved fairly comfortably.

I remember it being surprisingly Baltic for the time of year.  I remember flag sellers shouting "get yer treble-busting flags" at the end, and I remember people coming out of pubs on London Road to applaud United cars and buses on the way out.  And I remember a busload of Loyal Gers men gesticulating wildly as we passed them in traffic, their eyeballs popping, veins in their necks bulging, slobbering like basset hounds and waving their arms like orangutans.  Could hear a word, but the spectacle has stuck with me. We weren't even winding them up - just existing in the same queue of traffic.

26 minutes ago, adamntg said:

We were anything but shite.  United were gods among mortals that day.

Rangers had one shot from Hateley towards the end that Guido Van De Kamp saved fairly comfortably.

I remember it being surprisingly Baltic for the time of year.  I remember flag sellers shouting "get yer treble-busting flags" at the end, and I remember people coming out of pubs on London Road to applaud United cars and buses on the way out.  And I remember a busload of Loyal Gers men gesticulating wildly as we passed them in traffic, their eyeballs popping, veins in their necks bulging, slobbering like basset hounds and waving their arms like orangutans.  Could hear a word, but the spectacle has stuck with me. We weren't even winding them up - just existing in the same queue of traffic.

I found highlights of it last night, we had more shots than that (although we were still pish).