Most Irritating Adverts - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most Irritating Adverts

18 hours ago, aaid said:

The Amazon one really annoys me, in particular the "We have targets" and "Donna's cakes" women. 

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

A Dick Van Dyke for sure (not that there is anything wrong with that) but yes such an irritating voice.

Derek and the over 50 plan with the ads on TV with Parky

The Direct line call centre staff

17 hours ago, aaid said:

June the nosy neighbour from the Funeral plan is another one for the watching. 

haven't seen any of them thankfully. I spend too much time on here and watching foreign box sets.  Only noticed the Funding Circle one as the baby's face caught my eye. 
I am watching White House Farm just now on catch up and the ads are driving me mad as I am not used to them. I need to be more patient. 

The one where the stroppy girl comes home in a sulk and chucks her football boots down. Then wakes the neighbours up in the wee hours kicking a ball against a wall . Then is rewarded by her mum turning on the floodlights. 
very contemporary 

13 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

The one where the stroppy girl comes home in a sulk and chucks her football boots down. Then wakes the neighbours up in the wee hours kicking a ball against a wall . Then is rewarded by her mum turning on the floodlights. 
very contemporary 

If my neighbour was kicking a ball against the wall at 5 in the morning I’d be bursting it with a knife. 

My thoughts too. We’re obviously not understanding the pressure a teenage girl is under and the drive needed to maybe emulate the superstar Lionesses. 
or maybe being a selfish inconsiderate cunt is ok 

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Australian adverts are on another level of annoying. Constant as well, trying to watch a normal film takes 3 hours 

An uncle of mine was in Australia for a couple of years in the early 1970s. 

I remember him telling me that he watched the 1973 FA Cup Final on TV with a load of his mates.  This was the first time Australian TV had it on live and for some reason they cut to adverts in the middle of the game.

The 1973 Cup Final is of course pretty famous as Sunderland who were in the - then - second division beat Leeds, who at the time were probably the best team in England 1-0.

You can probably guess where this is going but they cut to an advert and missed the goal.   When the went back to the live feed, not only did they not mention that crucial fact and show a replay but the commentators never even mentioned it.  So everyone in Australia thought it had finished 0-0, was waiting for extra time and couldn't understand why all the Sunderland players were going mad at the end.

For the 1974 one, they had adverts of a sort but running across the bottom of the screen.

15 hours ago, Shaundy said:

very contemporary 

Agree, its a terrible advert. I cant even remember what it is for.  

On 3/6/2020 at 1:48 PM, TDYER63 said:

haven't seen any of them thankfully. I spend too much time on here and watching foreign box sets.  Only noticed the Funding Circle one as the baby's face caught my eye. 
I am watching White House Farm just now on catch up and the ads are driving me mad as I am not used to them. I need to be more patient. 

I watch a lot of foreign box sets too