Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 310 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Rogic offski to Qatar. A wonderful player but a perennial sicknote with chronic knee issues. £4m is an absolute steal for us and a nice earner closer to home for the wizard. 

I'll be surprised if we don't go back to Motherwell for Turnbull now, Lenny rates him highly. 

35 minutes ago, slasher said:

Rogic offski to Qatar. A wonderful player but a perennial sicknote with chronic knee issues. £4m is an absolute steal for us and a nice earner closer to home for the wizard. 

I'll be surprised if we don't go back to Motherwell for Turnbull now, Lenny rates him highly. 

Any news on griffiths? Cant see hime being in lennons plans

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Celtic are getting £4Mfor Rogic?  That's a phenomenal deal!

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Any news on griffiths? Cant see hime being in lennons plans

He stays in the fold for now but his jaiket is on a very shoogily peg. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic are getting £4Mfor Rogic?  That's a phenomenal deal!

I think so although in theory he should be hitting his peak about now. When you consider the first 2 and a half years and the last 2 years at Celtic have been a non event its very good. Some fans judgement on him is coloured by some magical moments in between. 

Edited by slasher

13 hours ago, slasher said:

I was about to be surprised by the £4m price tag, then I remembered Nicky Hammond is the Director of Football (or whatever it's called) at Celtic now.

He pulled off some incredible deals when he was at Reading; I'll never know how he managed to sell players like Greg Halford (£3.5m+, 2007) and Matt Mills (£5m+, 2011) for as much as he did (about £9m and £14m in today's market respectively), when they were nothing more than average English Championship players, before replacing them with better players for much less.

Leeds in for Kent for £10M is the latest one to surface.  While I don't think we paid as much as the reported £7M for him and he's been underwhelming overall we shouldn't be entertaining anything close to £10M.  When you see donkeys like Solanke go down there for £20M (12 goals in 6 seasons for a striker) I assume we'll be chasing Leeds with a £10M bid.

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Leeds in for Kent for £10M is the latest one to surface.  While I don't think we paid as much as the reported £7M for him and he's been underwhelming overall we shouldn't be entertaining anything close to £10M.  When you see donkeys like Solanke go down there for £20M (12 goals in 6 seasons for a striker) I assume we'll be chasing Leeds with a £10M bid.

If David Turnbull is worth £3million I’d suggest Ryan Kent is worth considerably less.

Id maybe give you that he’s looked decent in some European games, but his domestic form has been very ordinary.

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If David Turnbull is worth £3million I’d suggest Ryan Kent is worth considerably less.

Id maybe give you that he’s looked decent in some European games, but his domestic form has been very ordinary.

There's a difference between selling between Scottish clubs and selling to an English club and their inflated market.  There's also a difference, rightly or wrongly, on who the selling club is.  I'd hazard a guess that if Rangers or Celtic were selling a Turnbull to Leeds (for example) they'd get higher offers than Motherwell would.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

There's a difference between selling between Scottish clubs and selling to an English club and their inflated market.  There's also a difference, rightly or wrongly, on who the selling club is.  I'd hazard a guess that if Rangers or Celtic were selling a Turnbull to Leeds (for example) they'd get higher offers than Motherwell would.

That’s true.

Still think Rangers could’ve got better value elsewhere and if they turn a profit on him, they’ve lucked out.

If both players stay put, im confident Turnbull will finish the season with more goals and more assists in the league than Kent (Again).

I don't see Kent as being capable of making an impact in the English premier league. Still probably one of the top ten players playing in the SPL currently though, but that doesn't equate to being worth 10 mill. There's probably only five players in Scotland worth that, and four of those with Celtic.

11 hours ago, mcnish said:

I don't see Kent as being capable of making an impact in the English premier league. Still probably one of the top ten players playing in the SPL currently though, but that doesn't equate to being worth 10 mill. There's probably only five players in Scotland worth that, and four of those with Celtic.

Who are the 4 Celtic players??

30 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Who are the 4 Celtic players??

I didn’t like to ask. 😂

Edouard is the only definite £10 million plus that instantly came to mind.

Could see Ajer and Mcgregor going for that sort of money maybe.

I’m guessing the 4th must be Forrest?

😂