Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 307 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

5 hours ago, Farcity said:

I really hope Rangers sell that ugly bastard Morelos soon. I really cannot stand seeing that horrible, ugly,  scowling, round puss on the tele. 

Sure your nae looking at a mirror instead of the tele :lol:

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Rangers confirm that they want to sell both Greg Docherty and Ross McCrorie.

One of the papers is claiming that Hibs have had a bid for McCrorie rejected and that St Gallen are also interested in him.

I like both players but unfortunately neither are good enough to get in the team at the moment.  Both too good to sit on the bench (if even that) so hopefully the both get a decent move.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I like both players but unfortunately neither are good enough to get in the team at the moment.  Both too good to sit on the bench (if even that) so hopefully the both get a decent move.

What's going to happen with Greg Stewart, Jamie Murphy, Jordan Jones and Glenn Middleton ?

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What's going to happen with Greg Stewart, Jamie Murphy, Jordan Jones and Glenn Middleton ?

Was Middleton not expected to be quite a good player? totally forgot him until you mentioned him. 

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Was Middleton not expected to be quite a good player? totally forgot him until you mentioned him. 

He was yet another of those Daily Record "this kid is gonna be amazing in a few years" kind of players. People just took their word for it.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He was yet another of those Daily Record "this kid is gonna be amazing in a few years" kind of players. People just took their word for it.

Haha fair enough, just remember a bit of hype. Guess he is way down the pecking order and probably needs to move

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Haha fair enough, just remember a bit of hype. Guess he is way down the pecking order and probably needs to move

He's sadly yet another of those kids (who maybe did have a bit of genuine talent to start off with) playing for one of the Old Firm.

You know the kind of course, there's been plenty of them over the last twenty-thirty years. Eighteen or nineteen year old lads hyped up to the heavens by the sycophantic football press we have here but who are firmly stuck in the reserves two or three years later.

You wonder if these kids had signed instead for clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hamilton etc, if things might have worked out much better for them ? We'll never know. 

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's sadly yet another of those kids (who maybe did have a bit of genuine talent to start off with) playing for one of the Old Firm.

You know the kind of course, there's been plenty of them over the last twenty-thirty years. Eighteen or nineteen year old lads hyped up to the heavens by the sycophantic football press we have here but who are firmly stuck in the reserves two or three years later.

You wonder if these kids had signed instead for clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hamilton etc, if things might have worked out much better for them ? We'll never know. 

Aye as you say been loads. How many players have actually come through the academy for either old firm and made it as such? Must only be a handful.

20 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Eighteen or nineteen year old lads hyped up to the heavens by the sycophantic football press we have here but who are firmly stuck in the reserves two or three years later.

The pressure on both Celtic and Rangers is to win every game which makes it harder for them to introduce the kids. It's maybe one of the reasons Rangers suggested Colt teams. Yes I know there'll have been other reasons too 🙂

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Aye as you say been loads. How many players have actually come through the academy for either old firm and made it as such? Must only be a handful.

I'm sure this has been asked before and I think Fairbairn answered? It was more than I thought, more than a handful, but still not many.

Motherwell apparently about to announce a big signing.

Rumoured to be Stephen O’Donnell, which would be a real coup. We need a left back with Carrol out, Donnelly injured, Tait away....

I presume he was expecting a bigger move when he let his contract run down at Killie?

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell apparently about to announce a big signing.

Rumoured to be Stephen O’Donnell, which would be a real coup. We need a left back with Carrol out, Donnelly injured, Tait away....

I presume he was expecting a bigger move when he let his contract run down at Killie?

He's nae Ross Millen, but you could do worse.