Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 305 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Ryan Edmundson signs on loan from Leeds for Aberdeen. England u-19 striker apparently. 

Just had a word with a Leeds supporting mate of mine. He said he had a couple of games a couple of years ago and it was expected he would be on the bench the second half of this season as he was playing well for the under 23s and banging the goals in and he is a big unit.

21 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

On the subject of defenders, Stephen O’Donnell is now without a club.

got too big for his boots me thinks

On 7/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, Jersey Jim said:

My Sheffield Wednesday mate over here reckons he was on over £35k a week.

But who knows, he’s out of contract and might just want to play football.

quick google suggests 30k so would be a big wage cut, but he has also played down there long enough and at good levels that he will be more than comfortable so maybe just happy to come back up the road. even if it's Celtic as the chat would suggest he would be lucky to get anything near that.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

And from the few Scotland appearances I’ve seen they seemed to be on the wrong feet. 

Yea, did a good job for Killie but was never going to be a superstar or international. I tried to give him benefit of the doubt for Scotland but hejust couldnt do it

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Kemar Roofe to Rangers from Anderlecht seems to be gathering pace.  Quite liked him the few times I saw him playing for Leeds but doesn't seem to have played as much since he moved to Belgium.

Hasn't that been doing the rounds since January? 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hasn't that been doing the rounds since January? 

Think we were in for him, or at least interested, before he moved to Anderlecht.   Rumours been swirling for a while but as Stu says, quite a lot of noise in the Belgian media this afternoon including a guy on Twitter who was the journo that broke the news of the Hagi deal.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Kemar Roofe signs for Rangers, Ive never heard of him, but his stats on Wiki look decent. Is he Morelos' replacement though?

To be fair, he wasn't a regular starter in the worst Anderlecht side since 1937, I wouldn't get too carried away. 

2 minutes ago, Farcity said:

To be fair, he wasn't a regular starter in the worst Anderlecht side since 1937, I wouldn't get too carried away. 

He was injured for most of last season (which definitely fits our historic signing model).  I'm assuming we're spending the Morelos money up front (risky).  I don't think Roofe is necessarily the Morels replacement, I think if we sign the Swiss boy he'll play more central and Roofe out wide.