Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 302 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell sign Chris Long.

Really impressed with the squad Robinson is building. Decent strength in depth.

I think we can challenge Rangers for 2nd place. 😜

You might challenge Celtic for 2nd place.  Can you see the steam from Ramy's ears.  And nothing he can do!!!  Oh shit, I am on FB with him lol.  Unfortunatley I think the old firm will canter the league and battle it out after xmas by which point 3rd place will be about 20 points behind.  Sad but true.

10 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You might challenge Celtic for 2nd place.  Can you see the steam from Ramy's ears.  And nothing he can do!!!  Oh shit, I am on FB with him lol.  Unfortunatley I think the old firm will canter the league and battle it out after xmas by which point 3rd place will be about 20 points behind.  Sad but true.

Have rangers bought some new players or something?

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

Have rangers bought some new players or something?

a lot of folk in denial about the revival of Rangers which is understandable after the level of bile in the past few years.  Now we are nearly at the summit again and then we will be back in our rightful place watching the league from the top.  There you go Kirk.  Hagi Forever.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

a lot of folk in denial about the revival of Rangers which is understandable after the level of bile in the past few years.  Now we are nearly at the summit again and then we will be back in our rightful place watching the league from the top.  There you go Kirk.  Hagi Forever.

Nobody is in denial. Rangers are exactly.where most expect them to be, well most except their own deluded support. Rangers have the 2nd highest budget, the 2nd biggest stadium, an equal share of tv coverage. 

2nd in the league, runners up or semi finals in the cups is exactly where i expect rangers to be right now. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody is in denial. Rangers are exactly.where most expect them to be, well most except their own deluded support. Rangers have the 2nd highest budget, the 2nd biggest stadium, an equal share of tv coverage. 

2nd in the league, runners up or semi finals in the cups is exactly where i expect rangers to be right now. 

The early bird catches the worm!!  I agree with you VA but wtf can we do about it.  I honestly don't like it any more than you and my one wish would be for a competitive league.  But as a Rangers fan our goal is to finish above Celtic every season.  It is sad though.  I stay in the Borders and there is an old saying 'It's aye been'.  Same with Scottish football apart from the Fergie years and various other cup wins and very few league wins for smaller clubs. I was almost in tears when Hibs won the cup a few years  back against Rangers mainly because of the Hibs mates I have who have followed them through thick but mainly thin.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

They're really  not overly impressive  though are they? Theyll struggle to beat Celtic to the league, just canny see it. All round not good enough and Gerard is just a name, nothing special about him. Most managers could come in to rangers and finish second with the Money available to them, legitimate or otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Kirk said:

They're really  not overly impressive  though are they? Theyll struggle to beat Celtic to the league, just canny see it. All round not good enough and Gerard is just a name, nothing special about him. Most managers could come in to rangers and finish second with the Money available to them, legitimate or otherwise.

In the last two old firm games Rangers were the better team.  It is the mentality of Celtic that Rangers need to match.  To win when you are playing bad.  To me that is the thing that Rangers need to do to catch them.  They need a tall striker who can come on and change the shape of the team and the game when they cannot break defences down with the tactics they are using.  

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

but but they beat them at christmas

54 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

In the last two old firm games Rangers were the better team.  It is the mentality of Celtic that Rangers need to match.  To win when you are playing bad.  To me that is the thing that Rangers need to do to catch them.  They need a tall striker who can come on and change the shape of the team and the game when they cannot break defences down with the tactics they are using.  

During the hun 9 in a row years, I came away from Pittodrie thinking how the fuck did we lose that match on quite a few occasions, it doesn't mean we were better or even close to Rangers. If anyone is in denial here its yourself and any other Rangers fan who thinks they are close to Celtic

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

but but they beat them at christmas

During the hun 9 in a row years, I came away from Pittodrie thinking how the fuck did we lose that match on quite a few occasions, it doesn't mean we were better or even close to Rangers. If anyone is in denial here its yourself and any other Rangers fan who thinks they are close to Celtic

Not in denial VA.  Rather I would say that it is you that is in denial.  Rangers are closing the gap with Celtic more and more.  And widening the gap between the rest.  That is just plain fact.  Anyone who isn't in denial can see that.  Ask Kris Boyd and Neil McCann, Billy Dodds etc.  They all say the same 👍

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Not in denial VA.  Rather I would say that it is you that is in denial.  Rangers are closing the gap with Celtic more and more.  And widening the gap between the rest.  That is just plain fact.  Anyone who isn't in denial can see that.  Ask Kris Boyd and Neil McCann, Billy Dodds etc.  They all say the same 👍

follow follow would be a much better place for you kid. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

follow follow would be a much better place for you kid. 

Aye.  I see you quoting from there now and again.  I am afraid that you are more likely to go on to that site than me son.  Why, I will never know.  Only you can explain that.  I am happy to be only on a Scotland site.  Because for me it is Scotland Forever.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  I see you quoting from there now and again.  I am afraid that you are more likely to go on to that site than me son.  Why, I will never know.  Only you can explain that.  I am happy to be only on a Scotland site.  Because for me it is Scotland Forever.

Now you are making stuff up, you will be lucky to find any post from me from follow follow. 

You are obviously familiar with the site VA saying I would be better off on there.  Is there an Aberdeen site that I could say you would be better on?  I like your patter but don't tell me just because I support Rangers that I should go elsewhere.  I don't do that with you.  Obviously Parkie has decided that he will go to a Dons site (I am assuming).  Where everyone can agree with each other.  This site allows fans from every club to debate as long as we have one love.  Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You are obviously familiar with the site VA saying I would be better off on there.  Is there an Aberdeen site that I could say you would be better on?  I like your patter but don't tell me just because I support Rangers that I should go elsewhere.  I don't do that with you.  Obviously Parkie has decided that he will go to a Dons site (I am assuming).  Where everyone can agree with each other.  This site allows fans from every club to debate as long as we have one love.  Scotland.

away and play with traffic kid

stand on

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Being better than celtic twice.....only one of which you managed to win doesn't equate to getting better and being able to beat them over a season. It's about all the other games too, not just Celtic. Enjoy being second again without kicking a ball

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Being better than celtic twice.....only one of which you managed to win doesn't equate to getting better and being able to beat them over a season. It's about all the other games too, not just Celtic. Enjoy being second again without kicking a ball

Away and get a drink man and stop being so serious.  Its Saturday night and as long as I am vertical I am a happy man.  Scotland Forever.  A smoked sausage supper and a bottle of Glenlivet.  Get it in ye.  And smile 😃

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Away and get a drink man and stop being so serious.  Its Saturday night and as long as I am vertical I am a happy man.  Scotland Forever.  A smoked sausage supper and a bottle of Glenlivet.  Get it in ye.  And smile 😃

Just the one beer at a push for me this evening as I cba going to the shop. Enjoy you're sausage

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Just the one beer at a push for me this evening as I cba going to the shop. Enjoy you're sausage

I will.  Not had one for years.  Wish I could say the same about the Glenlivet.  TBH only having a couple at night for ma chest.  That is what I tell my counsellor anyway.  Might go daft tonight and have 3.  Watch Wembley 67.  No burd tonight.  Just the dug and she is hopeless at conversation.  Then have another Glenlivet and watch The Maggie, my favouritist film.  Stand on.

• 2 weeks later...