Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 246 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

5 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Glen Kamara completed his move to Rangers from Dundee, after agreeing a pre-contract deal with the club previously which would've seen him join in June. 

And the question this provokes is why? 

Centre mid, where Kamara plays, is not where we needed strengthening. 

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You are correct. Hard to compete with Europe's elite with a 400 million pound payroll.. Here is where you get me wrong DD. I would be happy to see Aberdeen progress in Europe, I really would. As I would all Scottish teams, except Sevco. They are British and I hate them..

Celtic are  supposed to be Scottish which also makes them British. But they think they're Irish while also flying Palestinian flags. 

Edited by GRBear

8 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Celtic are  supposed to be Scottish which also makes them British. But they think they're Irish while also flying Palestinian flags. 

We are Scottish, not British. No butchers aprons flying at Paradise. We have Irish roots. We support the people of Palestine. I hate Sevco. Always have, always will.. 🍺🍺

55 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You are correct. Hard to compete with Europe's elite with a 400 million pound payroll.. Here is where you get me wrong DD. I would be happy to see Aberdeen progress in Europe, I really would. As I would all Scottish teams, except Sevco. They are British and I hate them..

eh  ?

Celtic are 50th richest club in Europe

Do you not see the irony of celtic pay 7 times the wages of likes of Aberdeen, and you complain about the competitiveness ?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17379764.celtic-ahead-of-rangers-in-deloittes-football-rich-list/ 

2 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

eh  ?

Celtic are 50th richest club in Europe

Do you not see the irony of celtic pay 7 times the wages of likes of Aberdeen, and you complain about the competitiveness ?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17379764.celtic-ahead-of-rangers-in-deloittes-football-rich-list/ 

Who's complaining? All I said was we cannot compete with the elite in Europe... End of

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ive just stuck a ton on them, getting 6/1 which looks like cracking value.

That is good odds, think it’s a wee bit late though, play off place at best. Obviously I hope your bet comes in though 😂 Looks like best window in years, some decent names incoming and more to the point, binned some of the utter dross as well

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is the part that really makes you look silly. 

Yes, I agree, Celtic are trying to compete against teams with far larger resources, spending abilities and can pay much, much more money to be successful. 

Can you see where I’m going with this? Hence my statement.............

42 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The Celtic squad looks great for the rest of the season.

However, there is a big job to do in the summer with Toljan, Benkovic, Burke & Weah going back to their parent clubs and Lustig, Boyata, Izuguirre, Gamboa, & Allan all out of contract. 

The squad is an utter shambles, as it has been for a number of years. No succession planning in place, an obsession with short term loan deals that benefit us in no way what so ever. We'll get papped out of the Europa at the first hurdle and limp over the line to another title playing the same passive football we've been paying all season.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This is the part that really makes you look silly. 

Yes, I agree, Celtic are trying to compete against teams with far larger resources, spending abilities and can pay much, much more money to be successful. 

Can you see where I’m going with this? Hence my statement.............

Aye ok then. 😉

4 hours ago, Mox said:

The squad is an utter shambles, as it has been for a number of years. No succession planning in place, an obsession with short term loan deals that benefit us in no way what so ever. We'll get papped out of the Europa at the first hurdle and limp over the line to another title playing the same passive football we've been paying all season.

Cheer up Moxy lol 😂

I can agree with some of that. Every January the fans are looking for someone to bed in for Euro qualifiers and it just never happens. It's all about the brand, the corporate identity and the business model. Buy cheap potential, sell big, keep your money for a rainy day, disco lights, museums, hotels and other shit nobody cares about. It remains to be seen if the manager will be happy to dance to that tune for much longer.

That said the squad is markedly better than it was on Hogmanay and loans can work out well sometimes. We should have plenty to see out the title, maybe another treble and who knows we might even squeak past Valencia. One thing is for sure we've stored up a lot of work for someone in the summer!

42 minutes ago, slasher said:

Cheer up Moxy lol 😂

I can agree with some of that. Every January the fans are looking for someone to bed in for Euro qualifiers and it just never happens. It's all about the brand, the corporate identity and the business model. Buy cheap potential, sell big, keep your money for a rainy day, disco lights, museums, hotels and other shit nobody cares about. It remains to be seen if the manager will be happy to dance to that tune for much longer.

That said the squad is markedly better than it was on Hogmanay and loans can work out well sometimes. We should have plenty to see out the title, maybe another treble and who knows we might even squeak past Valencia. One thing is for sure we've stored up a lot of work for someone in the summer!

You think Rodgers is def off?

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

You think Rodgers is def off?

Why would he? do you not feel that in his mind he would be revered in history as the greatest ever Celtic manager delivering treble, quad, trebles, 10+ in a row or do Celtic fans not see him in the same light as Stein? He has plenty years left to sit in the adulation. Possible statue etc

2 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Why would he? do you not feel that in his mind he would be revered in history as the greatest ever Celtic manager delivering treble, quad, trebles, 10+ in a row or do Celtic fans not see him in the same light as Stein? He has plenty years left to sit in the adulation. Possible statue etc

I think he will stay. He has time to develop players whilst winning trophies.

It's hard to see his next move. I'm not sure a top 6 side in England would go for him. After that...that's the point? 

4 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Nobody will ever been seen in the same light as Stein, unless they did the unthinkable and win the European cup, or even the Europa league. Doesn't matter if he gets 10iar or even more.

5 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

I love Brendan Rodgers, he will go down as one of the greatest Managers in Celtic Football Club history.  He is no Jock Stein. There will never, ever be anyone who can walk in that man's shoes. True story. I met the Legend himself in 1975......

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I love Brendan Rodgers, he will go down as one of the greatest Managers in Celtic Football Club history.  He is no Jock Stein. There will never, ever be anyone who can walk in that man's shoes. True story. I met the Legend himself in 1975......

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

And that's a fact Big Ramy.  Big Jock Stein, as Shankly said.  What did Shankly say?