Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 233 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Boyd does his fair share of criticising Rangers too.

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The point is, his media output is almost entirely Rangers related, but he’s a Killie player.

He was acting as Steve Davis agent last week.

I'd prefer Boyd not to do media stuff but he's stuck the boot into Rangers players, staff and board fairly regularly.

Davis stuff was well off though.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The reason most wouldn't want Wallace is because he took the easy route (and the money) in a Sevco team that took an extra year to get into the top tier and only won the Ramsden Cup at the FOURTH time of asking.

The reason most wouldn't want him isn't because he played for Sevco.

The reason is that we couldn't count on his bit playing heart in the trenches.

He's not even good enough for Sevco, and by the time our next fixture comes around, they won't have beaten us in over a year.

3 sevcos in one post. Impressive.

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Not really sure what that has to do with signing or not signing a player from Rangers...

OK... well, since Sevco hasn't beaten The Famous in a while, what good would it do the Dons to sign one of their players that's struggling to get a game for them?

If Wallace isn't strengthening them, then how will he strengthen us?

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

OK... well, since Sevco hasn't beaten The Famous in a while, what good would it do the Dons to sign one of their players that's struggling to get a game for them?

If Wallace isn't strengthening them, then how will he strengthen us?

Because we don't have a single left back - or at least a left back who is willing to play there - at the entire club? Wallace might not be the best option out there but he's a better left back than no left back at all so in very basic terms he would improve us.

41 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Because we don't have a single left back - or at least a left back who is willing to play there - at the entire club? Wallace might not be the best option out there but he's a better left back than no left back at all so in very basic terms he would improve us.

Don't tell Scotty that! All rationale goes out the window with him as soon as your mention the word Rangers!

This is only a completely unsubstantiated rumour so don't shoot the messenger but it was too good not to share..........

Shinnie going to the huns in the summer and it's being kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Could you imagine the meltdown on here 😂😂😋

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

This is only a completely unsubstantiated rumour so don't shoot the messenger but it was too good not to share..........

Shinnie going to the huns in the summer and it's being kept quiet for obvious reasons.

That's been doing the rounds up here for a while. I can't see it for a number of reasons none moreso than them already having around 56 central midfielders.  I think there's more chance of Shinnie going to Celtic!  He's currently linked with Brentford, Luton, Wigan and Hull?!  Apparently we've offered him a five year deal on increased an wage which takes him to the new stadium as captain (not sure why that's a carrot?) and a testimonial (obviously non-contractual for tax purposes).

Notwithstanding the foregoing, there would be a huge meltdown if he went to the huns and I for one would be on full melt mode.

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's been doing the rounds up here for a while. I can't see it for a number of reasons none moreso than them already having around 56 central midfielders.  I think there's more chance of Shinnie going to Celtic!  He's currently linked with Brentford, Luton, Wigan and Hull?!  Apparently we've offered him a five year deal on increased an wage which takes him to the new stadium as captain (not sure why that's a carrot?) and a testimonial (obviously non-contractual for tax purposes).

Notwithstanding the foregoing, there would be a huge meltdown if he went to the huns and I for one would be on full melt mode.

Unless he is especially fond of a wee night out in Soul, I can't see why he wouldn't consider it if that's the standard of the other clubs interested in him.

52 minutes ago, slasher said:

Player swap for Jack?

4 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

I wasn't suggesting that we line up with 10 players.

We should be striving for a better option than Lee 'Two sub appearances for Sevco in 2018-19' Wallace.

59 minutes ago, slasher said:

Unless he is especially fond of a wee night out in Soul, I can't see why he wouldn't consider it if that's the standard of the other clubs interested in him.

A night in Soul would be a reason to leave Aberdeen, not stay.  It's exactly the sort of place in which you'd expect to bump into the likes of Jack. Best avoided. 

Shinnie is a sensible lad with a good level of decency.  If that and the offer on the table aren't enough to keep him at Aberdeen then maybe Rangers' looking like they've thrown bit of a Hail Mary with Defoe (reported they are paying £30k a week?!) might be enough?  Can't help thinking that if Defoe doesn't work out or they don't cash in on Morelos, they'll be in even more financial difficulty?  Many seem to be going on about how brilliant Rangers' signings have been in this window and the ambition they're showing.  When you break it down, they've got two aged pros who've hardly played. on loan deals, for which they're paying through the nose and two pre-contracts (agreements to agree which are likely unenforceable if challenged) for two relatively unproven players from the Scottish free market.   

Edited by SMcoolJ

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Wallace would have more appearances for us if it wasn't for whatever dispute he has going on behind the scenes.  He's clearly a better option at left back than Flanagan and Halliday and would behind Barasic in the pecking order.

I would be happy to see him at Aberdeen.  Especially if the other option is putting Considine back to left back.

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

A night in Soul would be a reason to leave Aberdeen, not stay.  It's exactly the sort of place in which you'd expect to bump into the likes of Jack. Best avoided. 

Shinnie is a sensible lad with a good level of decency.  If that and the offer on the table aren't enough to keep him at Aberdeen then maybe Rangers' looking like they've thrown bit of a Hail Mary with Defoe (reported they are paying £30k a week?!) might be enough?  Can't help thinking that if Defoe doesn't work out or they don't cash in on Morelos, they'll be in even more financial difficulty?  Many seems to be going on about how brilliant Rangers' signings have been in this window and the ambition they're showing.  When you break it down, they've got two aged pros who have hardly played on loan deals for which they are paying through the nose and two pre-contracts (agreements to agree which are likely unenforceable if challenged) for two relatively unproven players from the Scottish free market.   

I agree with most of what you've said on the Rangers signings. Underwhelmed by the 2 pre contracts and have reservations about Defoe, although he can be punted at the end of the season. 

I disagree on Davis. He's been up here before and knows the league, he's better than what we have just now and my only concern is he stays fit but that's the same for all players really. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree with most of what you've said on the Rangers signings. Underwhelmed by the 2 pre contracts and have reservations about Defoe, although he can be punted at the end of the season. 

I disagree on Davis. He's been up here before and knows the league, he's better than what we have just now and my only concern is he stays fit but that's the same for all players really. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably be delighted with all four at Aberdeen (Davis being the standout) - but i very much doubt i'd want it at the same cost as you'll be paying - even relatively.... 

The business Motherwell have done getting McCormack in shits all over anything going on at Ibrox.

(I’m not saying McCormack is 100% going to be a success at fir park, but given age and cost we are getting a much better deal than Rangers will be getting for Defoe with a similar chance of success)

We’re also punting a bit of dead wood and the boy coming from Forrest looks a talent...

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The business Motherwell have done getting McCormack in shits all over anything going on at Ibrox.

(I’m not saying McCormack is 100% going to be a success at fir park, but given age and cost we are getting a much better deal than Rangers will be getting for Defoe with a similar chance of success)

We’re also punting a bit of dead wood and the boy coming from Forrest looks a talent...

Aye, should defo see you clear of any relegation play off spot I think.