Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 241 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

He's ended up going to Exeter on loan; I'll be honest I can't see how that's a better option (for him or us) than Aberdeen.

I think he was all lined up and ready until Derby signed Cole and agreed to free up Lowe again. 

Ah, so when Steve Clarke suspects foul play with regards to Greg Stewart being recalled he's insightful, but when I do the same thing I'm a "fantasist".  ;)

Steve Clarke: "If I am honest, the whole deal had a slightly strange smell right from the very start, but that happens in football."

And as far as the Danny Ward thing goes: Ward left Aberdeen On 10 January 2016 and Rogers was appointed 20 May 2016. If anyone honestly believes that Rogers wasn't contacted on the very day he got fired by Liverpool (4th October 2015) and verbally agreed to join Celtic soon later, well, that person is awfully naïve. The reason Rogers had to wait till 20 May is because Delia was on a 12 month rolling contract and they wanted his contract to run up so that they could release him without paying him compensation. So, Rodgers may not have been in the Celtic dugout at the end of the 2015/2016 campaign, but he was influencing things, namely getting Liverpool to cut Danny Ward's 12 month loan deal short (His loan lasted 6 months) and then immediately loaning him to Huddersfield. 

As Steve Clarke said, these things happen in football.

:)

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

Ah, so when Steve Clarke suspects foul play with regards to Greg Stewart being recalled he's insightful, but when I do the same thing I'm a "fantasist".  ;)

Steve Clarke: "If I am honest, the whole deal had a slightly strange smell right from the very start, but that happens in football."

And as far as the Danny Ward thing goes: Ward left Aberdeen On 10 January 2016 and Rogers was appointed 20 May 2016. If anyone honestly believes that Rogers wasn't contacted on the very day he got fired by Liverpool (4th October 2015) and verbally agreed to join Celtic soon later, well, that person is awfully naïve. The reason Rogers had to wait till 20 May is because Delia was on a 12 month rolling contract and they wanted his contract to run up so that they could release him without paying him compensation. So, Rodgers may not have been in the Celtic dugout at the end of the 2015/2016 campaign, but he was influencing things, namely getting Liverpool to cut Danny Ward's 12 month loan deal short (His loan lasted 6 months) and then immediately loaning him to Huddersfield. 

So Liverpool sacked Rodgers for probably not doing his job properly, then took his advice about players 2 months later?

I think you need to lay off the drugs.....

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

Rolling contracts don’t expire. That’s what makes them rolling.

clarke should just come out and say what he means rather than dropping hints. Who is he actually complaining about? he says it’s not the player but then goes on to talk about only having players who want to be at the club, which sounds like a dig at Stewart.

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

Did you not suggest that Celtic were involved in Birmingham recalling Stewart so as to ensure they weakened a title rival? Stewart then comes back to Scotland and joins another title rival which blows your theory right out the water.

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

BS.jpg

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

Also just realised, Ward didn’t immediately go on loan to Huddersfield. He stayed at Liverpool and even made his debut in April 2016. It was the following season that he went to Huddersfield 🙈

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Stewart was as equally pish as everyone else, make no mistake about that. 

I'm still processing the game but I thought that Stewart was really good.

He got 2-3 rounds of applause each time he '360'd' his way out of trouble.

Would have been nice if he took one of his two chances, though.

It just seems that we couldn't break down Stenny (so credit to them).

GMS and McGinn had no joy on the flanks, and McLellan wasn't any better when he came on.

Our only goal came when Lowe carved his way in (to Stewart, then Shinnie, then back).

Positives... 

1. We're still in the Cup.

2. Our almost strongest 11 has a game together under their belt.

3. The Dubai 'cobwebs' will be gone.

4. We won't be as pedestrian in the replay.

Negatives...

1. Another (unnecessary) midweek game.

2. We have never beaten Stenny.

8 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Rolling contracts don’t expire. That’s what makes them rolling.

A rolling contract continues until an agreed period of notice (amount of time before you are told that you longer have a job). 

It doesn't keep rolling undefinedly, even if it's against the employee and employers wishes, that was would illogical. 

6 hours ago, Mox said:

Did you not suggest that Celtic were involved in Birmingham recalling Stewart so as to ensure they weakened a title rival? Stewart then comes back to Scotland and joins another title rival which blows your theory right out the water.

That's the way to detect the class of a human being, when they can admit to being wrong. In this instance I wasn't wrong, though, it was a variable. :)

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Also just realised, Ward didn’t immediately go on loan to Huddersfield. He stayed at Liverpool and even made his debut in April 2016. It was the following season that he went to Huddersfield 🙈

Irrelevant. He was still surplus to requirements when Liverpool recalled him. He made wat, two appearances? Yes, good excuse to recall him.

Try again. You might get lucky.:)

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

You’d think that would be obvious😂

Another one who doesn't understand what a rolling contract is.

Deary me.

I'm going to be blunt here, for a football fan (apparently three people don't know the purpose of a rolling contract) not to know what a rolling contract means is embarrassing. Essentially, a 12 month rolling contract is a contract in which a contract has a set parameter, and if either party wishes to part ways then they can give notice, which means they sever the contract on the same day and month (different year, obviously) that the rolling contract was signed.

Bloody hell. Sometimes it's like talking to toddlers in a playground.