Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 223 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't think we're going to be challenging for the league this season but the Europa group stages is worth money and brings a bit of excitement. 

The OF game means nothing just now, unless we actually are able to put up a season long fight. 

Meanwhile the rest of us have the excitement of trying to finish 3rd again instead of 2nd. Going by the transfer window you'd think it was Rangers who'd been in the Champions League year after year, seem to have a bottomless pit of money again.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Your mob would be falling over themselves if you offered them a 3-0 humping of Celtic over a Euro win right now. That’s how idiotic your support is and why it laps up whatever pish you get fed from your basketcase club.

The vocal idiot minority might but the majority of fans are more pragmatic. 

You only consider the lowest common denominator in your posts and fantasise that it covers us all. 

You're wrong. 

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

Meanwhile the rest of us have the excitement of trying to finish 3rd again instead of 2nd. Going by the transfer window you'd think it was Rangers who'd been in the Champions League year after year, seem to have a bottomless pit of money again.

I don't think we've spent as much as has been quoted. 

And most of the transfer fees are probably staged. 

We'll not have the cash for another splurge next season unless we sell for big bucks. 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Villa apparently offered to take McKenna on loan for 6 months then “may” buy him for £7,000,000. 

Aberdeen quite rightly tell them to do one :ok:

I think thats a great deal for Aberdeen.

He isnt worth more than £7 million.

21 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I think thats a great deal for Aberdeen.

He isnt worth more than £7 million.

Until he breaks his leg in 3 months, they send him back and we’ve lost him for the season, or he doesn’t cut it and we’ve lost the lot.

Terribly risky deal. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Until he breaks his leg in 3 months, they send him back and we’ve lost him for the season, or he doesn’t cut it and we’ve lost the lot.

Terribly risky deal. 

The online reports I read were loan until December, then full transfer. No maybe signing him, it would have been a done deal.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

The online reports I read were loan until December, then full transfer. No maybe signing him, it would have been a done deal.

Still a crap deal unless the money is up front. 

And there's no time for a replacement either. 

Nope, not a good deal at all. 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He behaves like a prick most of the time to be fair.

Certainly did at RP last season. Seems thick as shit.

He scored at RP the last time the teams met.

Is this what you mean by behaving like a pr*ck?

Dl7kF0UWsAANCef.jpg

I'd argue that he's good for the game.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Villa apparently offered to take McKenna on loan for 6 months then “may” buy him for £7,000,000. 

Aberdeen quite rightly tell them to do one :ok:

I don't know.

Lending then McKenna for 3 months and then selling them Stevie May for 7M probably got a few of our board thinking.

Utterly pathetic from Celtic. Fat lot of use £19m is in the bank when it can’t be spent until January. Terrible summer window, no ambition shown by the club and they’ve  meekly sat back and allowed Rangers to close the gap. Fucking idiots running the show and I’ll tell you all now there will be no 10 in a row and Brendan Rodgers will not be here much longer. I also don’t expect a Celtic win on Sunday.

It has been a bad transfer window for Celtic, and Rangers are clearly stronger than last season. But If Rodgers can’t win the league with the squad of players he has (no doubt strengthened a bit in January) then he’s not a very good manager.

6 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Utterly pathetic from Celtic. Fat lot of use £19m is in the bank when it can’t be spent until January. Terrible summer window, no ambition shown by the club and they’ve  meekly sat back and allowed Rangers to close the gap. Fucking idiots running the show and I’ll tell you all now there will be no 10 in a row and Brendan Rodgers will not be here much longer. I also don’t expect a Celtic win on Sunday.

That sounds a little on the OTT side. Granted Celtic haven’t strengthened but there’s no guarantee this hun team is any better. It’s  far too early to say whether their signings are any good. It’s Gerard’s honeymoon period right now and favourable draw in the Europa has their confidence soaring. If Celtic win on Sunday, they are four points ahead when barely a ball is kicked.

10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

He scored at RP the last time the teams met.

Is this what you mean by behaving like a pr*ck?

Dl7kF0UWsAANCef.jpg

I'd argue that he's good for the game.

He then ran up to the Killie fans when the game was about to restart giving us a GIRUY.

Anyway I see we've signed midfield nutter Jack Byrne from Oldham. More unsuccessful red card appeals may be imminent.

15 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Still a crap deal unless the money is up front. 

And there's no time for a replacement either. 

Nope, not a good deal at all. 

Without seeing the detail of the deal - which no-one on here has - I'd imagine it would have been a permanent transfer in all but name.

In England they moved the transfer deadline to early August but had the loan window open until the end of August in line with the rest of Europe.  Clubs will be putting through what would normally be a full transfer as a loan with an "option" to buy in January but in reality there's no way the option won't be exercised.

As for not having time to get a replacement in, that's a factor of deadline day deals (c) Jim White.  The upside is you can often get over the odds for a player depending on how desperate the buying club is.