Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 222 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 minutes ago, Mee said:

This at 2am 

He's obviously been told that he'll be sold and someone has reneged on that promise because we have no plan in place to replace him. The club is run by idiots at all levels and has been for a number of years, the success in the last two years has papered over the cracks. I was going to say that it's baffling we find ourselves in this position, but it's not baffling at all.

There are two problems here (a) the manager and the chief executive aren't on the same page and (b) we've never had a clear policy on when and for how much to sell Dembele.

Contrast that with Aberdeen's policy on say Scott McKenna i.e we are keeping him for at least another season unless someone comes up with £10 m.

1 minute ago, slasher said:

There are two problems here (a) the manager and the chief executive aren't on the same page and (b) we've never had a clear policy on when and for how much to sell Dembele.

Contrast that with Aberdeen's policy on say Scott McKenna i.e we are keeping him for at least another season unless someone comes up with £10 m.

It's almost like they're making it up as they go along.

17 minutes ago, giblet said:

Celtic should take the money and run.

On his day a class player but injury prone and now will be disinterested.  Value will go down.  for anything like £15m they should jumping on that kind of cash. 

Not for me. 2 years left on his contract. Should be holding out for more, which it looks like we are doing. If he wants his move to a big club then he can't afford to sit and sulk here for the next 24 months.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Not for me. 2 years left on his contract. Should be holding out for more, which it looks like we are doing. If he wants his move to a big club then he can't afford to sit and sulk here for the next 24 months.

Yip, I agree with that but timing is everything. If now us the time we should have encouraged a bidding war when the English window was open and been ready to go for a replacement. We've now boxed ourselves into a bit of a corner which will take weeks to emerge from whether he stays or goes.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip, I agree with that but timing is everything. If now us the time we should have encouraged a bidding war when the English window was open and been ready to go for a replacement. We've now boxed ourselves into a bit of a corner which will take weeks to emerge from whether he stays or goes.

Can't disagree. The signing of Eduoard aside, we've fucked up at every opportunity so far this transfer window.

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic have Hibs'd it big time.

Lose to the huns on sunday and they will be in meltdown.

Agreed. However having seen the Rangers 3 times this season I can't say I'm overly worried. It would be silly to dismiss us losing as a possibility though and that's not a situation we should be in.

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Can only speak on behalf of myself on this, but this is utter garbage. I heckle him because he behaves like an arsehole, on the pitch and off it.

He behaves like a dick to Celtic fans BECAUSE he gets abuse for reporting a racist comment from a Celtic player, not the other way around. 

51 minutes ago, slasher said:

Agreed. However having seen the Rangers 3 times this season I can't say I'm overly worried. It would be silly to dismiss us losing as a possibility though and that's not a situation we should be in.

Ive not seen Celtic so far this season so have no idea how far they are away from last season but all reports have you weaker, so that's a start. 

We are definitely better but we are still a new side and the game last night showed our defence is not as solid as results suggest. 

We're fine if we are setting out to defend but not so hot if we are pushing forward. 

Ufa's goal and several similar chances show how easy it is to get at us. 

I think it will be closer than last season but can't see us winning. 

And to be honest last night was more important than the OF game. 

15 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And to be honest last night was more important than the OF game. 

Refreshing view, for long enough rubbing each others nose in it and getting one over on the other was all that mattered to sections of the old firm support.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Refreshing view, for long enough rubbing each others nose in it and getting one over on the other was all that mattered to sections of the old firm support.

Don’t let them fool you. 😂

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think we're going to be challenging for the league this season but the Europa group stages is worth money and brings a bit of excitement. 

The OF game means nothing just now, unless we actually are able to put up a season long fight. 

44 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Don’t let them fool you. 😂

I feel sorry for you. Your mind is utterly closed and no matter what any Rangers fan posts you'll see what you want to see in their words. 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Even then... McInnes has asked McKenna to trust him with his career.

McKenna is wise enough to know that getting games under his belt at this stage is paramount to how far he'll go in the game.

Selling McKenna for 10M now could be seen as throwing him under the bus for the sake of immediate profit.

Aberdeen are hoping to control the writing of the script by maximising both McKenna's readiness and value.

100 - 150 games as a Don would be ideal (but less is going to be realistic).

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He behaves like a dick to Celtic fans BECAUSE he gets abuse for reporting a racist comment from a Celtic player, not the other way around. 

Got it in one.

The Celtic incident has made Shay a lightning rod for elements of other supports as well.

39 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I feel sorry for you. Your mind is utterly closed and no matter what any Rangers fan posts you'll see what you want to see in their words. 

Your mob would be falling over themselves if you offered them a 3-0 humping of Celtic over a Euro win right now. That’s how idiotic your support is and why it laps up whatever pish you get fed from your basketcase club.