Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Ross Barbour at Killie should be going to Queen of the South according to his dad a few weeks ago. Think Fowler wants to take him there and has been in contact.

James Fowler got sacked about a month ago :lol:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

James Fowler got sacked about a month ago :lol:

well it must have been more than a few weeks ago I talked to him and that was the plan art the time, also shows how little attention I pay :lol:

On 07/05/2016 at 11:41 AM, Fairbairn said:

There's a bizarre rumour going round that Warburton is interested in Joey Barton. I'd file that one under delusional pish for the moment!!

Well this one doesn't seem to be going away..... 

Also apparently in talks with Dorrans and a CB from Fenerbache.

13 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

If all or any of these are true I'd have serious concerns around the money we're spending on wages.  In saying that, season tickets are going up by 20% on average but it's still on the worrying side.

Away from the financial aspect I'd be amazed if Barton, who has just one promotion with Burnley as well as being their POTY, would want to give up another crack at the EPL to come up to Scotland (assuming Burnley want to keep him, aware he is out of contract).  Dorrans is another one who I'd think would have more attractive offers.

Dorrans is probably the most realistic one, career been on the slide now for a couple of seasons.

With Barton, he is a different kind of player who isnt scared to try out different clubs, could actually see this one happening.

Meanwhile, Hibees linked with Cammy Bell.  Would rather get Mcgovern from Hamilton.

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If all or any of these are true I'd have serious concerns around the money we're spending on wages.  In saying that, season tickets are going up by 20% on average but it's still on the worrying side.

Away from the financial aspect I'd be amazed if Barton, who has just one promotion with Burnley as well as being their POTY, would want to give up another crack at the EPL to come up to Scotland (assuming Burnley want to keep him, aware he is out of contract).  Dorrans is another one who I'd think would have more attractive offers.

All valid points and would agree. 

I agree with Giblet though, Barton seems so ridiculous you could just see it happening. The guy is a multi millionaire so I'm not convinced money will be the driving force and perhaps the thought of another relegation fight in the EPL doesn't appeal as much as it once did? The connections with Warburton/Dyche and more-so with Frank McParland and Barton is why I think  there may be some truth in it. It's also always promising when none of our daily rags know a thing about it. 

That said, that information isn't exactly secret, and would be very easy to conjure a story out of. Barton's recent tweets also speak of playing in the EPL next year, as did yesterday's appearance on talk sport, so I expect it will come to nothing. :)

Rossiter from Liverpool in Glasgow to finalise his move.  Don't know much about this boy to be fair but I mind when he broke in to the Liverpool team there was a bit of fuss about him (queue "wonderkid" posts) and Liverpool fans seem to be a bit annoyed he's been allowed to move.  Looks like exactly the type of signing we should be making though.  Relatively minimal outlay for a potentially decent player with good sell on value.

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Hope not, I like Dorrans

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

All valid points and would agree.

I agree with Giblet though, Barton seems so ridiculous you could just see it happening. The guy is a multi millionaire so I'm not convinced money will be the driving force and perhaps the thought of another relegation fight in the EPL doesn't appeal as much as it once did? The connections with Warburton/Dyche and more-so with Frank McParland and Barton is why I think  there may be some truth in it. It's also always promising when none of our daily rags know a thing about it.

That said, that information isn't exactly secret, and would be very easy to conjure a story out of. Barton's recent tweets also speak of playing in the EPL next year, as did yesterday's appearance on talk sport, so I expect it will come to nothing. :)

I also don't think Barton is all that great a player to be honest, considering the money that would be splaffed on him to get him here.

That said, I suppose I've only seen him play about 5 times this season.

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I also don't think Barton is all that great a player to be honest, considering the money that would be splaffed on him to get him here.

That said, I suppose I've only seen him play about 5 times this season.

Burnley won the Championship down there and he was there POTY so he must be doing something right.

Valid point about the money. If we are talking purely football ability, he would do very well imo. 

One area I think we need to strengthen is central midfield. Particularly someone with a bit of experience and 'steel' about them. He certainly fits the bill. 

15 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Valid point about the money. If we are talking purely football ability, he would do very well imo. 

One area I think we need to strengthen is central midfield. Particularly someone with a bit of experience and 'steel' about them. He certainly fits the bill. 

We also need a centre half and a striker.  We'll be going down Celtic territotry in terms of midfielders if we sign Barton on top of Rossier, Crooks & Windass.

Aye a centre half is defenitely a priority for me. 

Thing is I know Warburton likes to work with a 'lean' squad but we defenitely need to bolster things a bit if we are to get back challenging for the league again. Aberdeen are proof of that. 

Don't forget we didn't name our full quota of subs this season on a few occasions. I also expect guys to move on and of course our loan signings will go back to their respective clubs. 

Edited by Angus_Young

2 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Have seen guys saying he is overrated but I like him. An area you defenitely need to strengthen from what I've seen. 

Would certainly take the creative load off of McGinn and Hayes! 

15 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

What's the script with Flood and Robson? Time to get them replaced surely?  

Definitely. 

Craig Storie has potential. I'd expect him to play a lot more next season. 

To be honest, i'd love a big, strong, tall, dirty bassa in the middle of the pitch. I'm fed up getting out fought by Hearts, ICT and St Johnstone. 

48 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

What's the script with Flood and Robson? Time to get them replaced surely?  

Flood unfortunately still has a year left.

For some utterly bizarre reason McInnes gave him a years extension when he still had two years left on his deal...