Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 327 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

How much did they spend on Itten & Roofe (even some Rangers fans assumed that was to replace Morelos but he's still there)? Would be an expensive replacement for Defoe (assuming he doesn't stay as well). Must be going for the Champions League this season. 🙂

As an aside we've got Ferguson's agent in a huff because we didn't accept £1.2M from the EPL yet McBurnie surely proves the starting price in that league is £18M or whatever he cost?

I think Itten and Roofe were about £5M combined.  Itten hasn't been great, although he hasn't had much game time, but I'd play him ahead of McBurnie every day of the week.

If McBurnie is worth £15M you should be holding out for about £35M for Ferguson!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Allan Campbell off to Luton, no idea of the fee. Charlie Mulgrew to Dundee United on a free. 

Development fee for Campbell so it won't be much although there's apparently a sell on fee built in to the deal.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Depending on the wage it's a decent signing. The only thing that put me off his signing was he was after £40k a week in January.

I’d read that he was on somewhere between £6K - £8K at Sheffield United so I’d be very surprised if he’s anything resembling £40K at Rangers. 

7 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

😂😂 Total insanity 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’d read that he was on somewhere between £6K - £8K at Sheffield United so I’d be very surprised if he’s anything resembling £40K at Rangers. 

Completely.

No one was touching him at £40k a week and his demands put off everyone in January. There is no chance he is on anything resembling that. It would make him our top earner by some distance.

He was on less than £4k a week at Sheff Utd. It was Fleck who was on £8k before his new deal.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

16 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Dundee Utd have got a top keeper in Trevor Carson. Hopefully he'll have better luck avoiding injury. He's far too good to be a number 2 so inevitable he was leaving Well when Kelly signed. 

Looks like a good signing, seen a lot of Motherwell fans speaking highly of him and wishing him well. Assuming Benji will be away sooner rather than later, if we get a few quid for him and Carson straight in as our number 1 thats not a bad bit of business. For us anyway 😂🤦🏻

On 7/6/2021 at 9:01 PM, Fairbairn said:

Caught the eye the first season Utd were back in the big time. Not sure he had the best of seasons last time but midfield is an area where we needed to strengthen.  Jack is injured half the time, Davis can't go on forever and Kamara may well be lured to the bright lights of the EPL.

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Caught the eye the first season Utd were back in the big time. Not sure he had the best of seasons last time but midfield is an area where we needed to strengthen.  Jack is injured half the time, Davis can't go on forever and Kamara may well be lured to the bright lights of the EPL.

If we can get a few million for Kamara (from a £50K outlay) and replace him with the Lundstram from a couple of seasons ago on a free it won’t be the worst bit of business. 

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If we can get a few million for Kamara (from a £50K outlay) and replace him with the Lundstram from a couple of seasons ago on a free it won’t be the worst bit of business. 

Did the Dees have a sell on clause when you bought him ? Cos if they didnt that would be pretty funny 

41 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Did the Dees have a sell on clause when you bought him ? Cos if they didnt that would be pretty funny 

Nope, no clause. 

That dab charlatan McIntyre forced him out of the club, even stopped playing him for Martin Woods. Probably the worst left footed player in history. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Nope, no clause. 

That dab charlatan McIntyre forced him out of the club, even stopped playing him for Martin Woods. Probably the worst left footed player in history. 

😂😂 i thought it was mcann, after he turned down the 10 million offer.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

They don't. I'm sure he wasn't playing much by that point and Dundee just wanted Kamara's wage off the bill. 

I'm not sure how much Dundee would have gotten in compensation had they waited until the summer but it surely would have been more than the 50k they got in January.

• 2 weeks later...