Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 326 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

21 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Score s fuckin hat trick... Fuck Celtic.. Scotland hear ah come .Yassssssssssssssss🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Ha ha - nicely done!

9 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Doesn't he have a 1 year extension clause? I'd assume Farense would have exercised it.

I've heard his release clause is 4 million euros. Which is still very good business.Β 

Possible relegation release clause?

8 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Possible relegation release clause?

Maybe or perhaps it was just nonsense about the optional extension and it was just a 2 deal year with no option.

Β 

As a Rangers fan I'd love him at ibrox. His close control, quick nimble movement and passing range is exactly what Gerrard looks for. I think he could moulded into a fantastic Davis replacement.

Β 

As a Scotland fan I want him to stay in Europe and move to a bigger team and continue his massive improvement over these last couple of years. He is also a fantastic example for other players to look outside England and try their hand in Europe.

Hopefully more follow his, Hickey and Hendry's positive examples.Β 

35 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Loads of rumours about English clubs signing Celtic players but nothing about Rangers players - were none of them scouting during Covid??

Kent to Leeds has been circulating for quite a while.Β  There was also one about Aribo recently but can't remember who to and Hagi has been linked with about 4 or 5 clubs on the continent (Lazio, Seville and Bochum the ones that spring to mind).Β  Bear in mind that 2 of our best performers are in their 60s (Davis and McGregor) and another (Tavernier) has just signed an extended contract so none of them likely to be on anyone's radar.

8 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Loads of rumours about English clubs signing Celtic players but nothing about Rangers players - were none of them scouting during Covid??

It's due to the contract situation with Γ‰douard and Ajer. Both are Celtic's best players and are available at a knockdown price. The other I've seen is Turnbull linked to Aston Villa.

Tbh I've been surprised how little Christie is being linked. Perhaps it is due to being at the EURO's and seeing how he does.

On Rangers there has been numerous Rumours about Kent, Kamara, Hagi, Helander, Aribo, etc.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers linked with a Β£15M move for Oli McBurnie.Β 

Oh, please be true.

There was talk on here a few days ago about me stopping supporting Rangers.Β 

Not really.

Just enquiring as to how a 'good guy' can stand being associated with the hate, racism, sectarianism, etc.

That might be what tips me over the edge....

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

You might not be the only one!

Not the hate, racism, sectarianism, etc?

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Oh, please be true.

Not really.

Just enquiring as to how a 'good guy' can stand being associated with the hate, racism, sectarianism, etc.

Not the hate, racism, sectarianism, etc?

Racism? You are the one that hates Scotty which u have admittedΒ 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers linked with a Β£15M move for Oli McBurnie. There was talk on here a few days ago about me stopping supporting Rangers. That might be what tips me over the edge....

That would be an absolutely disastrous more for him and everyone involved! Not because of his abilities as a footballer - I think he'd score a fair amount of goals in the SPFL - but we've all seen the scrapes he gets into in Yorkshire - can you imagine how he'd fare in Glasgow??

I cant see why Rangers would spend 15 million on a player. Especially one who has already "failed" in the EPL.

Their entire business model is based upon buying players cheap, developing them and then selling for a profit. (Although this is only what they have said, not what they have done as yet in terms of the selling part)

Ok it might just be a rumour but Β£15M would be an incredible amount for a Scottish Premiership team to spend on one player. Fair enough if they bring in this money via outbound transfers and they want to spend it all on one guy - otherwise this looks foolish.

15 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers linked with a Β£15M move for Oli McBurnie. There was talk on here a few days ago about me stopping supporting Rangers. That might be what tips me over the edge....

How much did they spend on Itten & Roofe (even some Rangers fans assumed that was to replace Morelos but he's still there)? Would be an expensive replacement for Defoe (assuming he doesn't stay as well). Must be going for the Champions League this season. :-)

As an aside we've got Ferguson's agent in a huff because we didn't accept Β£1.2M from the EPL yet McBurnie surely proves the starting price in that league is Β£18M or whatever he cost?