Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 322 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

On current form, yes, but I’d kill for our next striker to have almost a 50% strike rate like he had. 

Cosgrove hit a purple patch, even then I don't think was that good. I'm with Redz, 2m is an incredible fee to get for him.

30 minutes ago, Redz said:

That's a fair comment, however he'd stopped playing for us, felt he was better if you like

Birmingham will have to deal with him thinking he's better than them should he be successful

Personally I feel he got lucky at Aberdeen - Not sure Brum will offer the same time AFC afforded him

Can’t really argue with any of that, the injury pre season didn’t help, but he just looked lazy this season. 

37 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Ben Davies move to Celtic has been derailed, he is going to Liverpool 

Whats the story with this? The reports ive read said he has signed a pre contract with Celtic. 

Had they actually just agreed nothing was signed yet or is it just like a breach of contract thing as he isnt yet a Celtic registerred player and if thats the case could Celtic sue him for the breach?

Havent seen something like this before. Possible Jon Obi Mikel but I cant remember the specifics of that other than Chelsea ended up having to pay Man Utd a fee.

In all honesty, I’ve never heard of Ben Davies, but the BBC have an article about Liverpool’s interest in him, with an opinion on him by Mark Lawrenson. Mark Lawrenson, the moron pundit who was surprised by players for Brazil, Germany, Italy etc at World Cups, if he has a scooby about Ben Davies, I’d be amazed. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Whats the story with this? The reports ive read said he has signed a pre contract with Celtic. 

Had they actually just agreed nothing was signed yet or is it just like a breach of contract thing as he isnt yet a Celtic registerred player and if thats the case could Celtic sue him for the breach?

Havent seen something like this before. Possible Jon Obi Mikel but I cant remember the specifics of that other than Chelsea ended up having to pay Man Utd a fee.

I read he agreed terms, but didn’t sign them, so it’s tough shit to Celtic really. 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12204919/ben-davies-liverpool-agree-2m-fee-with-preston-for-defender

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure there was a Scottish player who basically ripped up a pre-contract and went elsewhere or stayed put? Think it was Ross county?

Richard Brittain, signed for the mini sheep shaggers, then didn’t want to move to Perth. Wise choice. 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure there was a Scottish player who basically ripped up a pre-contract and went elsewhere or stayed put? Think it was Ross county?

Similar thing happened with Gordon Strachan, German club can't remember which one claimed they had signed him but he then signed for Man utd, think Man utd had to pay the German club to complete Strachan's move to them.