Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 317 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would agree, he looked decent at times, but then he got injured again. 

He averages just a bit over 7 appearances a season, we can do without him. 

Going by Sunday we can certainly do without Main 🤬

6 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Going by Sunday we can certainly do without Main 🤬

Yeah, striker is a major problem. Cosgrove can find the net as he’s shown (nearly a 50% strike ratio), but looks like he can’t be arsed just now, we can’t afford passengers. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

He’s looked good in flashes for 5 or 6 years. 

Take him, pay us the development fee, or call it quits for McCrorie and then he can take a place in the stand beside Jordan Jones. 

If rangers want to improve, signing an injury plagued, occasionally good winger is not the way to go I’m afraid. 

and Stewart, Barker & whoever else - very random. He has influenced some games this season, which hardly anyone does for us (in a positive way) but as you say nae likely to play 30 games a season. Surprised he's gone from "will we keep him" to "he's going to England/Ibrox" in a short space of time. His absence from the team has probably inflated his value more than anything else!

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m not disagreeing, just having a chuckle at your hissy fit. 

No hissy fit, just pointing out how little your team contributes to Scotland’s national team by developing young Scottish talent, looks like Murray parks been a complete waste of money. Should maybe buy Hamilton Accies academy and bull-dose Murray park 👍

Still doesn't seem like the level of player you would be going for on the back of winning the league? 2 or 3 weeks ago it never crossed my mind that anyone further up the food chain would want him and it was 50/50 whether we'd want to keep him. 

Hope you do the decent thing and reimburse us his medical bills, should put a fair bit in the coffers!

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

Scott Wright signed pre contact with Rangers which we were expecting anyway.

The physio will get plenty of overtime, Wright is made of balsa wood. He has spent more time injured than actually playing. 

You could also blow him over if you farted next to him

51 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  You probably said the same about Ryan Jack, he hasn't been much of a success 😄

I had a few choice words to say about Jack in the way he handled his move and the way mcinnes handled it but I never mentioned anything about his injury record. 

This transfer is completely different

Wright has spent more time on the treatment table with Aberdeen and has been more cold than hot when he has played. I know you won't believe this but this is a very strange deal for rangers because what I said is true. His injury record is terrible and he hasn't actually been that good

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I had a few choice words to say about Jack in the way he handled his move and the way mcinnes handled it but I never mentioned anything about his injury record. 

Wright has spent more time on the treatment table with Aberdeen and has been more cold than hot when he has played. I know you won't believe this but this is a very strange deal for rangers because what I said is true. His injury record is terrible and he hasn't actually been that good

If it wasn't for the fact we're utter dung this season and no threat to anyone, you'd say this signing harks back to the old days of Rangers or Celtic signing a player just to weaken another team because they could.

28 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

If it wasn't for the fact we're utter dung this season and no threat to anyone, you'd say this signing harks back to the old days of Rangers or Celtic signing a player just to weaken another team because they could.

They’ve signed him because they’re skint & can’t afford to pay for anyone, when Wrights fit & in the mood he’s a good player & when he links up well with Hedges Aberdeen look a far better team, would rather have seen Main or Cosgrove leave. 

Wrights career stats speak for themselves. 

He’s made 70 appearances between Aberdeen & Dundee since 2014. 

Averages about 10 a season, he will be no great loss to us, but I can’t see where he’ll get into the side, reminds me of Jordan Jones, not a hope of playing regularly, but will happily boost his wages. 

Expect him to be at a lower level club within 2 seasons. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Wrights career stats speak for themselves. 

He’s made 70 appearances between Aberdeen & Dundee since 2014. 

Averages about 10 a season, he will be no great loss to us, but I can’t see where he’ll get into the side, reminds me of Jordan Jones, not a hope of playing regularly, but will happily boost his wages. 

Expect him to be at a lower level club within 2 seasons. 

I said to my mate I thought he'd be back at Aberdeen within 12 months so you could be right...:wink2:

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Ok, Rangers must see something there though as our signing policy has been pretty good so far.  I don't buy the thoughts that it is only to weaken the opposition.  The boy has made it clear he wants to move.  I met Neil McCann in a restaraunt in Livingston when he had just signed for Rangers.  My pal a jambo introduced us.  Please don't think I am lying.  I was trying to engage conversation.  I asked him what the difference between Hearts and Rangers.  His first answer was 8 grand a week.  He was on 2 at Hearts and now on 10 at Rangers.  That is a true story.  So my point is that maybe that Wright feels he is worth more and Aberdeen can't pay what he feels he is worth.  I don't think I have seen him play tbh so can't comment on his ability.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok, Rangers must see something there though as our signing policy has been pretty good so far.  I don't buy the thoughts that it is only to weaken the opposition.  The boy has made it clear he wants to move.  I met Neil McCann in a restaraunt in Livingston when he had just signed for Rangers.  My pal a jambo introduced us.  Please don't think I am lying.  I was trying to engage conversation.  I asked him what the difference between Hearts and Rangers.  His first answer was 8 grand a week.  He was on 2 at Hearts and now on 10 at Rangers.  That is a true story.  So my point is that maybe that Wright feels he is worth more and Aberdeen can't pay what he feels he is worth.  I don't think I have seen him play tbh so can't comment on his ability.

Seems to be a bit a risk though given his injury record.  Are Aberdeen getting a transfer fee?