Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 316 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Wikipedia says he played 8 times for Columbus and 21 times for Oxford, who he was loaned to by them.

5 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Think Motherwell may still be haggling over a development fee for Cadden. Bit vague as he went to US but came back to England on loan very quickly. 

There was a suspicion that the whole Columbus Crew signing was a way round Oxford paying the development fee, as the MLS are (or were?) not liable for it (is it a UEFA thing?) Columbus immediately loaning him to Oxford appeared to back that up.

He has spent nearly a year out there though, so probably just sour grapes from ‘well fans, as his Scotland caps etc. Would’ve earned a £250k+ development fee.

Decent player, don’t know that Motherwell ever pinned down his strongest position would do well at hibs im sure.

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Graham Alexander favourite for Well job. 

Just looking at his CV he seems to have had relative; if short lived, success everywhere he’s been as a manager. Liked him as a player.

More exciting than Tommy Wright....

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just looking at his CV he seems to have had relative; if short lived, success everywhere he’s been as a manager. Liked him as a player.

More exciting than Tommy Wright....

Absolutely. Simon Grayson an interesting one too. 

8 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Absolutely. Simon Grayson an interesting one too. 

I quite liked the sound of him, thought maybe his reputation had been tarnished by the number of basket case clubs he’s been at and he could perhaps rebuild it at Motherwell, but Alexander has had far more success albeit at smaller clubs.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, Marky said:

Eamonn Brophy has apparently signed a PCA with St. Mirren beating off Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and St. Johnstone as well as some English Championship clubs.

Not sure how we’ve managed that but happy days. 

I think that's a good signing for St Mirren. Brophy is a decent Scottish Premiership standard player. St Mirren's style of play may also suit him better than the Kilmarnock's current style of play.

Saw this on the BBC earlier. Out of contract players in the Scottish Premiership:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55423999

Alan McGregor (Rangers), Lewis Stevenson (Hibernian), Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock), Declan Gallagher (Motherwell), Steven Davis (Rangers), Scott Brown (Celtic), Alan Campbell (Motherwell), Karamoko Dembele (Celtic), Chris Burke (Kilmarnock), Ross Stewart (Ross County), Jermaine Defoe (Rangers).

Any you would take at your club (wages permitting) ?

The Motherwell 2 will be snapped up in the next few weeks I’d suspect.

Presume we’d be due a decent development fee for Campbell.

Gallagher’s stock has probably never been higher, and he’s of an age this is a great opportunity to get a contract that will set him up for life. Feel a bit used with my Motherwell hat on, especially if he tries to force a move to avoid triggering a one year extension. Presume we’ve already offered him improved terms, given he appears to be in the Scotland XI for euros...

So looking like Gary Alexander at Fir Park. Got his work cut out. Campbell and Gallagher probably away, injured international keeper, Lang's loan finished, defence leaking goals and forwards not scoring. 

His management skills could very well be put to the test 🙁

Edited by Och Aye

5 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

So looking like Gary Alexander at Fir Park. Got his work cut out. Campbell and Gallagher probably away, injured international keeper, Lang's loan finished, defence leaking goals and forwards not scoring. 

His management skills could very well be put to the test 🙁

He should do a tribute to the late Jim McLean and take a hammer to some cunt :ok:

Delighted with the appointment of Graeme Alexander.

Really liked him as a player and his management CV looks pretty good, had success to a point everywhere he’s been.

Didnt want a rookie, and wasn’t particularly inspired by many of the others mentioned.

55 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers apparently making a move for Scott Wright.  Have to admit I don't know a lot about him although I thought he looked good in flashes yesterday.

Thieving pricks, need to start developing your own home grown talent instead of letting everyone else do the hard work. 🤬

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers apparently making a move for Scott Wright.  Have to admit I don't know a lot about him although I thought he looked good in flashes yesterday.

He’s looked good in flashes for 5 or 6 years. 

Take him, pay us the development fee, or call it quits for McCrorie and then he can take a place in the stand beside Jordan Jones. 

If rangers want to improve, signing an injury plagued, occasionally good winger is not the way to go I’m afraid. 

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He’s looked good in flashes for 5 or 6 years. 

Take him, pay us the development fee, or call it quits for McCrorie and then he can take a place in the stand beside Jordan Jones. 

If rangers want to improve, signing an injury plagued, occasionally good winger is not the way to go I’m afraid. 

Probably more to do with having quota of home grown players in the squad & weakening another team.

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Probably more to do with having quota of home grown players in the squad & weakening another team.

I doubt it’ll weaken us, 54 appearances in 7 years for a 23 year old says all you need to know about him. If he doesn’t want to be here, fuck him off now or leave him in the stand. We’ll get paid either way. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I doubt it’ll weaken us, 54 appearances in 7 years for a 23 year old says all you need to know about him. If he doesn’t want to be here, fuck him off now or leave him in the stand. We’ll get paid either way. 

We were playing better football with him, Watkins & Hedges linking play up, is it a coincidence that with Wright & Watkins out injured we’ve gone back to playing shite one dimensional Cosgrove/Main no tempo football.

18 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

We were playing better football with him, Watkins & Hedges linking play up, is it a coincidence that with Wright & Watkins out injured we’ve gone back to playing shite one dimensional Cosgrove/Main no tempo football.

I would agree, he looked decent at times, but then he got injured again. 

He averages just a bit over 7 appearances a season, we can do without him.