Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 314 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Helps keepĀ the league competitive. šŸ‘šŸ»

This buy to let scheme Rangers & Celtic (andĀ teams in other leagues) operate really is the end of any lingering hope for competition. Can't blame them I suppose but like TV revenue distribution, Bosman, Champions League (and getting a 2nd shot when you're knocked out) it's something else to make the chasm between them and the diddy's insurmountable.

What I don't get is the diddy teams taking part, couldn't they take in loans from other countries so they could play in all games? AberdeenĀ have been 2nd-4th for years, reaching semi-finals & finals so signing someone like Christie on loan who can't actually play in Cup Finals against Celtic is madness IMO.

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Or it shows Celtic hoover up their opponents best players, weakening them, but with no real intention of putting them in their first team, so stifling the competition.

Id say Taylor is in the team by default. Although heā€™s taking his chance it seems...

Correct. Most of the players you mentioned had dozens ofĀ games under their belt At their clubs and had played against Celtic many times, Celtic knew exactly what they were getting with these players. We'reĀ not talking about Celtic spotting something in a youngster and taking a punt. Anyone that doesn't think weakening the other sides is aĀ factor when Celtic signĀ these types ofĀ playerĀ is very naive. Or just at it.Ā 

Edited by Jim Beem

10 hours ago, slasher said:

It's a nice theory and one I've seen pushed on here before. I've known a few people that have worked at the club over the years and it's just not something that happens imo.Ā 

A better argument would be as @Och Aye posted for Motherwell to have used their considerable marketing talent to hype the boy up to the English market. Aberdeen almost successfully managed this with McKenna a couple of years ago until they spectacularly overplayed their hand.Ā 

From memory, I believe that there were 2 main reasons McKenna didn't go to Villa then.

1. Was they came in so close to the deadline that it would've been near impossible for us to get a replacement in.

2. They wanted a loan with option to buy deal.

AFC were correct to let that pass.

6 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

This buy to let scheme Rangers & Celtic (andĀ teams in other leagues) operate really is the end of any lingering hope for competition. Can't blame them I suppose but like TV revenue distribution, Bosman, Champions League (and getting a 2nd shot when you're knocked out) it's something else to make the chasm between them and the diddy's insurmountable.

What I don't get is the diddy teams taking part, couldn't they take in loans from other countries so they could play in all games? AberdeenĀ have been 2nd-4th for years, reaching semi-finals & finals so signing someone like Christie on loan who can't actually play in Cup Finals against Celtic is madness IMO.

Aberdeen were hoping to sign him on a permanent, but we did too good a job in developing him for Celtic.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ross County say they have rejected bids for Ross Stewart.

Craig Bryson wanting to tear up his contract at Aberdeen ?

Good, hes been pish and if rumours are truenhe has also been a prick almost the entire time he has been at pittodrie

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Good, hes been pish and if rumours are truenhe has also been a prick almost the entire time he has been at pittodrie

I thought he'd be a good signing for you lot when he joined but that's not been the case.Ā 

What was he supposed to be getting upto at Pittodrie that was annoying folk ?

Apparently he wants to move back to Ayrshire. Dunno if Kilmarnock would take him back or if he'd even go to Ayr Utd.

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I thought he'd be a good signing for you lot when he joined but that's not been the case.Ā 

Apparently he wants to move back to Ayrshire. Dunno if Kilmarnock would take him back or if he'd even go to Ayr Utd.

Whoever signs him, needs to make it a pay per play deal. He very rarely featured for Aberdeen and I believe never completed 90 minutes.Ā 

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Stays 5 mins from Rugby Park.

Dunno if we need him or could justify signing him with Mulumbu, Dicker, Tishbola and Power in centre mid.

Was a brilliant player for us though.

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Find those rumours strange as anything I heard about him at Killie pointed towards himĀ  being a model pro, even after he left us and did stuff for the club/local boys clubs when he was away at Derby.

Met him a few times at events and he couldn't have been nicer.

Ā 

38 minutes ago, slasher said:

Ā Am gonnae start keeping tabs on this pish for a wee bit. So far that's Porto, Inter Milan and Athletic Bilbao in less than a week šŸ˜‚

Screenshot_20200910_174916.jpg

Thats a fake account, someone just taking the pish.

The fact they cant spell the club in question is a bit of a give away.

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fuck, that's a bad start lol. Always check your sources. šŸ¤”

Just Porto and Inter then this week.Ā 

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

While it no doubt is a fake account, IĀ wouldn't necessarily say the poor spelling was an indicator. It's the fuckin Daily Record.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Ā 

Disappointing for Aberdeen to lose a player of that quality, especially whilst still being in the Europa League with a winnable tie against Sporting - with all their unavailable players.

If I understand correctly, it seems the deal is for Ā£3m - which may be enough to see the club running at the same cost base throughout the stadium closures. Albeit, probably would be less that they would've got for him under normal circumstances.

From McKenna's point of view, this is a very good move for him and will hopefully see him improve his game. I'd think that Forest are going to be towards the top end of the Championship this season, so if he could get regular football in that team, we'll see a benefit in the national team.

In potentially related news, it appears Reading are going to sendĀ Tom McIntyre go out on loan [Reading Chronicle] having signed Lewis Gibson on loan as a season-long alternative.

That would be one for Aberdeen to seriously look at if he'd be willing to go there; apparently most clubs interested at the top end of English League One. His development would be helped by playing regular first team football, which it appears he's unlikely to get right now at Reading.