Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 313 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Turnbull to Celtic apparently now wrapped up for about £2,700,000 + add ons

Motherwell are also to get both Scott Robertson and Ewan Henderson from Celtic on loan for the season.

We're looking to loan out most of our development players due to the uncertainty over how much playing time these lads are going to get due to Covid. 

12 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Is there a limit on how many can be loaned by Celtic in the top league? 

I think there is or at least there was but I'm sure I saw something about the rules being relaxed? 

Anyway it makes sense to get these kids out playing regular football somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a shame the other clubs will end up giving Celtic’s development players game time rather than their own.

Not really Celtic’s fault if they have all the best young players I suppose.

It is if they have bought them from other clubs! 😉

25 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

It is if they have bought them from other clubs! 😉

I just left that kind of hanging. 😂

Given they’re expected to sign our best product and in return give us a couple of youth players that need game time and are also being linked with Hickey....

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I just left that kind of hanging. 😂

Given they’re expected to sign our best product and in return give us a couple of youth players that need game time and are also being linked with Hickey....

So, Celtic just go around buying all the best young talent in the league then loan them out to other clubs so that they can't play against ......eh......Celtic. Seems like a plan. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

So, Celtic just go around buying all the best young talent in the league then loan them out to other clubs so that they can't play against ......eh......Celtic. Seems like a plan. :lol:

Helps keep the league competitive. 👍🏻

I can't think of too many we've bought from Scottish clubs who've made any impact at Celtic recently. Maybe Stuart Armstrong was the last? 

We've lost out on a fair few down the years as well if you think about it. Robertson, McGinn and Snodgrass spring to mind. Anyway for what it's worth I think Turnbull has every chance and will do fine for us 👍

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

I can't think of too many we've bought from Scottish clubs who've made any impact at Celtic recently. Maybe Stuart Armstrong was the last? 

We've lost out on a fair few down the years as well if you think about it. Robertson, McGinn and Snodgrass spring to mind. Anyway for what it's worth I think Turnbull has every chance and will do fine for us 👍

Sure Christie has made some sort of impact, no??

28 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Sure Christie has made some sort of impact, no??

He has but its still early days for him. Its still a question of whether he can sustain it as far as I'm concerned but he has a jersey for now definitely. 

55 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think that’s worse.

They hoover up players and let them rot in the reserves, stunting their development.

Turnbull is probably the most gifted player I’ve seen in a Motherwell shirt. On a level with only Cooper and McFadden, he really is that good.

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think that’s worse.

They hoover up players and let them rot in the reserves, stunting their development.

Turnbull is probably the most gifted player I’ve seen in a Motherwell shirt. On a level with only Cooper and McFadden, he really is that good.

That's a bit of an urban myth perpetuated by fans of other clubs. The only signing I can truly say baffles me in every aspect and could qualify on that count would be Scott Allan. Any of the countless others you could name haven't been good enough or worse total wasters like Riordan or Slane. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

That's a bit of an urban myth perpetuated by fans of other clubs. The only signing I can truly say baffles me in every aspect and could qualify on that count would be Scott Allan. Any of the countless others you could name haven't been good enough or worse total wasters like Riordan or Slane. 

Was Paul Slane not the one who was given money by Celtic to go and have an operation on his injury by a top continental surgeon ....

But instead pissed off to Amsterdam where he filmed himself coked off his head whilst shagging a hooker ?

Lovely boy.

32 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Was Paul Slane not the one who was given money by Celtic to go and have an operation on his injury by a top continental surgeon ....

But instead pissed off to Amsterdam where he filmed himself coked off his head whilst shagging a hooker ?

Lovely boy.

Aye that's the boy. Now performing as Si Ferry's class clown. 

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Gary Mackay Steven

Johnny Hayes

Greg Taylor

Youssef Mulumbu

Jack Hendry 

Scott Bain

Lewis Morgan

Nadir Ciftci

That list just proves my point really, not good enough, although I'm not too sure why you've included a boy who's still at the club and playing fairly regularly. All the rest were given adequate opportunity to show they had the goods. 

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

That list just proves my point really, not good enough, although I'm not too sure why you've included a boy who's still at the club and playing fairly regularly. All the rest were given adequate opportunity to show they had the goods. 

Or it shows Celtic hoover up their opponents best players, weakening them, but with no real intention of putting them in their first team, so stifling the competition.

Id say Taylor is in the team by default. Although he’s taking his chance it seems...

Edited by sbcmfc

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Or it shows Celtic hoover up their opponents best players, weakening them, but with no real intention of putting them in their first team, so stifling the competition.

Id say Taylor is in the team by default. Although he’s taking his chance it seems...

It's a nice theory and one I've seen pushed on here before. I've known a few people that have worked at the club over the years and it's just not something that happens imo. 

A better argument would be as @Och Aye posted for Motherwell to have used their considerable marketing talent to hype the boy up to the English market. Aberdeen almost successfully managed this with McKenna a couple of years ago until they spectacularly overplayed their hand. 

38 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's a nice theory and one I've seen pushed on here before. I've known a few people that have worked at the club over the years and it's just not something that happens imo. 

A better argument would be as @Och Aye posted for Motherwell to have used their considerable marketing talent to hype the boy up to the English market. Aberdeen almost successfully managed this with McKenna a couple of years ago until they spectacularly overplayed their hand. 

Agree with that.

If Kent is worth whatever they are saying this week, perhaps we could’ve got more.

I know Turnbull (despite not being a fan) was pretty keen on the Celtic move for whatever reason and the club owe it to him not to hold him back given he’s signed new contracts to ensure we get a fee when he goes.

I don’t know exactly how they come up with an acceptable fee, but I suppose the value of his existing contract would be a factor, hence why bigger clubs command bigger fees for players that are not necessarily any better. (Provides they have 18 months plus on their contract).

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lovely boy.

Link?