Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 308 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

Im sure he feels a bit underwhelmed, it's a classic sideways move, similar to a Saints player moving to United, or vice versa, it's just like for like, apart from one place you wouldn't particularly want to live in though twenty miles isn't much. 

10 hours ago, Farcity said:

Im sure he feels a bit underwhelmed, it's a classic sideways move, similar to a Saints player moving to United, or vice versa, it's just like for like, apart from one place you wouldn't particularly want to live in though twenty miles isn't much. 

Apparently wants another crack at European football...

10 hours ago, Farcity said:

You’re right, he probably never moved house to Killie. 😜

Edited by sbcmfc

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Only a short term deal to put himself in the window for January.

We’ve lost a couple of players to Oxford. Sad fact is Championship and league one can pay double what most SPFL clubs do.

True but they are also committing massive financial harm to themselves in doing so. Living far beyond there means until one day it hits them right between the eyes - see for example Bury and Wigan recently.

I guarantee that Motherwell will be in much better financial health than some of these English lower league clubs.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Not really, when most SPFL clubs are part time.

I think he's referring to the English clubs, rather than the Scottish clubs, in which case I'd agree with the living beyond their means point. Saw on one of my local news sites that the EFL still might have to sanction 5-8 clubs for financial breaches in the Championship alone, even after Sheffield Wednesday have already received a points deduction for the new season.

Leagues One and Two have voted for a hard salary cap at £2.5m and £1.5m respectively (IIRC, it was percentage of revenue before). Assuming a 25-man squad, that averages to £1.9k and £1.1k per week per player respectively and includes bonuses, taxes and agent fees. The Championship were talking about an £18m cap (£13.8k per week), which would be a problem for about half the league.

Scottish football has had its overspending reality check and most clubs are sustainable now; a large number of top flight clubs are debt free now (at least before the virus situation). Scottish clubs may well come out of this much stronger than comparable English ones.

26 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Hopefully this means that McKenna is closer to  departure as he is rotten. 

If you're buying McCrorie as a regular CH you're in trouble.  He's decent enough to fill in their if you've got injuries or suspensions etc but that's not his position long term.  His best position is as a sitting central midfielder.

16 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If you're buying McCrorie as a regular CH you're in trouble.  He's decent enough to fill in their if you've got injuries or suspensions etc but that's not his position long term.  His best position is as a sitting central midfielder.

Ahh okay. Could always do with another of those to supplement the four or five that can play there already.  

Realised I was thinking of Bates. 

Edited by Farcity

32 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Ahh okay. Could always do with another of those to supplement the four or five that can play there already.  

Realised I was thinking of Bates. 

I've got a mate that supports Aberdeen and he said more or less the same thing.

First time in 51 years a player has moved from Rangers to Aberdeen apparently.  Is that right?  It seems like there must have been at least a couple over the last 20 or so years but I can't think of anyone other than Velicka who was a loan.

45 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rumour this is to replace Bryson or Devlin. Both are sulking because of their fines. I have heard a few times that Bryson is a twat and always in the huff and he hates it Aberdeen. If true he can feck off

Getting rid of Bryson would be a great bit of business. Let him go back to Killie in exchange for a couple of cases of pies or something.